vitaQuakeII is a port of Quake II for PSVITA.
At the moment vitaQuakeII has unique features like dualshock rumbling when player get hit. It supports also double analogs for comfortable gameplay, online and locale multiplayer with featured servers, soundtracks support, sounds support and a lot more stuffs.
The port is fully hardware accelerated and supports high res textures pack and official mission packs.
- Native 960x544 resolution!
- Hardware acceleration thanks to vitaGL
- MSAA 2x and MSAA 4x antialiasing support
- Sound and Soundtrack support
- Support for shareware and full versions of Quake
- Support for official mission packs
- Support for high res textures pack
- Native support to both PSVITA analogs
- Unique features like dualshock rumbling, fps counter, ...
- Variable camera sensibility for right analog in option menu
- Multiplayer with support for both locale and online games with featured online servers
- Left Analog = Move player
- DPad UP = Use item
- DPad Left/Right = Select item
- DPAD Down = Drop item
- Right Analog = Move camera
- X = Jump
- O = Crouch
- R Trigger / Square = Shoot
- Triangle = Change Weapon
- L Trigger = Run
- Select = Show Mission (Singleplayer) / Scores (Multiplayer)
- idSoftware for winQuake engine.
- Ch3lin for the awesome livearea assets.
- MasterFeizz for Quake2Ctr source i used as base for the port.
- gnmmarechal and bhunterzor for testing the homebrew.
- All my patroners for their awesome support:
- Tain Sueiras
- Count Duckula
- Elwood Blues
- Oleg Des
- CLAUDIO ADRIANO KIEUTEKA
- Artūrs Lubāns
- Samuel Batista
- Florian Gaul
- Troy Murray
- Jared Breland
- Lars Zondervan
- Yakara Network
- Gelson Silva
- Place the quake2 folder in ux0:/data.
- If you want to play mission packs, place rogue and xatrix folders in ux0:/data/quake2.
About Textures Pack:
Textures pack will obviously increase loading time and degrade a bit performances however game should stay playable with a fair decent amount of modified textures. I personally tested everything with a set of textures/high res models. I'm going to give links for those:
Environment Textures: https://www.moddb.com/games/quake-2/add ... ack-hq-jpg
Entities: http://realistic.tastyspleen.net/PAKS/H ... 0Skins.rar
Weapons: http://realistic.tastyspleen.net/PAKS/H ... eapons.rar
vitaQuakeII offers 5 different pre-selected servers in the serverlist from different places (Australia, Russia, France, USA): 4 are deatmatch servers, one is a co-op server.
Current available pre-selected servers:
- DeVelox (Deatmatch 8 players FRANCE)
- QW.org.pl (Deatmatch 8 players POLAND)
- ISP WEBA (Deatmatch 16 players RUSSIA)
- tastypleen.net:classic (Deatmatch 16 players USA)
- desync.com (Deatmatch 16 players USA)
- planetmnh.16mb.com (Co-op 14 players AUSTRALIA)
What the Data files actually include:
- Quake II demo data files.
- Complete soundtrack in .ogg format.
- Several multiplayer maps used by pre-selected servers.
GitHub Repository: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaQuakeII