Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Project] Augustine

The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis
leojava

Re: [Project] Revamped 2

Post by leojava »

This looks Awesome!! :shock:
Advertising
XSpalter

Post by XSpalter »

revampt 2 :mrgreen: :D

would you make vehicles in revampt 2
or is it to hard to code
in this solitude port http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMxDUo2I ... re=related
existing vehicles

sorry for my bad english
Advertising
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

Reasons for NOT doing vehicles:

-Physics
-HULL(Bounding box) Limitations

Those are the 2 main reasons. The rest I could do(Acceleration, shooting, animations, etc). The Ghost you seen in that video was horribly done. All it did was replace the player model. There wasn't any acceleration, physics, and it would go into a wall if he woulda actually showed.
firespike8

Post by firespike8 »

Dude, this looks awesome :shock: I actually can't wait until this is released!!! I've got some questions for you (feel free not to answer em): How many players max for online adhoc/infrastructure? Can new maps be made by players and played online (probably not xP)? Hows the lag for it (PSP has slow Wifi, I think, so I'm unsure if this is an issue)? Any kind of Lobby System? How customizable is multiplayer, like can people host custom game variants, change maps on their own and change player options (basically like halo 2)? Bots in multiplayer?

This project sounds really cool, I can't wait to play it! I tried out a very early version of revamped and it looked pretty awesome, cant wait to see how the new version looks. Best of luck, I hope you win!
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

Well for Infranstructure and Adhoc, we are using Kuroks online system, beings that I know nothing in the networking area.

I am shooting to make this game very customizable. Players can create their own maps in a program called Worldcraft. The revamped textures will be released and can be easily used in Worldcraft(Otherwise known as Valve hammer editor).

I think I am going to cap Adhoc players to 4, because the game is processing quite a bit. I am working on a new engine feature called Back face culling that can potentially double the framerate 2 fold. I have the basic knowledge of how it works, I just need the time to implement it. Players can play maps against eachother online if both have the same maps. So you will probably just need to upload it for other people and play. I am unsure of a lobby system. Once Online is fully working, it will be pretty basic.

The player options are kinda cool in my opinion. You can unlock more skin colors based on your current level. To level up, Just play lots of multiplayer games and kill lots of players. You can also change your players name, view your current level/experience, and Thats about it with player customization.

I am mainly trying to get multiplayer with bots in tightly, so that players won't have to rely online.
XSpalter

Post by XSpalter »

Reasons for NOT doing vehicles:

-Physics
-HULL(Bounding box) Limitations

Those are the 2 main reasons. The rest I could do(Acceleration, shooting, animations, etc). The Ghost you seen in that video was horribly done. All it did was replace the player model. There wasn't any acceleration, physics, and it would go into a wall if he woulda actually showed.
hm ok that is to hard to code and the psp is to slow for that
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

The PSPs speed is not an issue regarding vehicles. I listed the problems, and speed was not one of them.
And you aren't capped at a certain level in Quake PSP. The more you can do in the engine, the more you learn, and the more you can add/optimize.
XSpalter

Post by XSpalter »

sorry my bad english :(
you are right
firespike8

Post by firespike8 »

Mexicouger wrote:Well for Infranstructure and Adhoc, we are using Kuroks online system, beings that I know nothing in the networking area.

I am shooting to make this game very customizable. Players can create their own maps in a program called Worldcraft. The revamped textures will be released and can be easily used in Worldcraft(Otherwise known as Valve hammer editor).

I think I am going to cap Adhoc players to 4, because the game is processing quite a bit. I am working on a new engine feature called Back face culling that can potentially double the framerate 2 fold. I have the basic knowledge of how it works, I just need the time to implement it. Players can play maps against eachother online if both have the same maps. So you will probably just need to upload it for other people and play. I am unsure of a lobby system. Once Online is fully working, it will be pretty basic.

The player options are kinda cool in my opinion. You can unlock more skin colors based on your current level. To level up, Just play lots of multiplayer games and kill lots of players. You can also change your players name, view your current level/experience, and Thats about it with player customization.

I am mainly trying to get multiplayer with bots in tightly, so that players won't have to rely online.

Woh, thanks very much for answering! This......is.........going...... to........ be...... AWESOME!!!!! Being able to make your own custom maps is killer. Best of Luck :D !!!!!!

P.S. I'm stoked to be able to play this via adhoc with my bros during long car rides :twisted:
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

Return to “PSP Genesis Competition 2011”