Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

HBL and Hot Shots Golf (not greatest hits)

Half Byte loader is an open source tool to load homebrews on all models of PSPs
Half Byte Loader can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/wagic/hbl
JJS
Big Beholder

Re: HBL and Hot Shots Golf (not greatest hits)

Post by JJS »

Organized_Chaos wrote:I'm thinking maybe I need a special version of PSPlink to use on the slim?
Not really. That would only be necessary for analyzing VSH crashes because they can happen in the extra 32 MiB memory. Games only use the 32 MiB that are also available on the 1000.

As for the tutorial, the one on pspslimhacks looks reasonable enough. So there is probably an issue with your PSP. You could try what I always recommend for USB trouble in PSPdisp, run Keycleaner and look if there are corrupted idstorage keys. Also I always only enable psplink.prx in the recovery menu, not usbhostfs.prx but this may not be important.

That thread on pspslimhacks also got a "tutorial" for Linux which consists of checking out the psplink_usb source and doing a make. As this doesn't require a driver installation on Linux, it is most probably all there is to do. You might need the PSPSDK installed though. Maybe not, I cannot remember whether the PC application depends on any SDK header.
Organized_Chaos wrote:off topic?
It is fine with me.
Advertising
teknophile

Post by teknophile »

Mamimi wrote:I'm patient, but I wonder if I should just go ahead and consider looking for a cheap copy of the greatest hits version sometime.
I got HBL working with HSG: Open Tee(original, not #2), which I downloaded yesterday from PSN for $9.99. this is quick easy and pretty cheap. download it before sony catches on and patches the game.
Advertising
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

I added support for the alternative version of Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee in R108. This is the only change, so you would need R108 only if you previously had trouble running HBL on HSG (trouble in the sense that the PSP would freeze and turn off immediately before HBL even begins loading). Everyone else should stay on the last official release, which is R107.

Attached is the savegame to be used with the non-greatest hits version of HSG.

Special thanks go to Organized_Chaos for his great help!

Edit: To be clear, this version is majorly untested. So please let us know whether you can/cannot run it successfully.
Attachments
UCUS98614.zip
(592.62 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
pspdarkhanseo

Post by pspdarkhanseo »

JJS wrote:I added support for the alternative version of Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee in R108. This is the only change, so you would need R108 only if you previously had trouble running HBL on HSG (trouble in the sense that the PSP would freeze and turn off immediately before HBL even begins loading). Everyone else should stay on the last official release, which is R107.

Attached is the savegame to be used with the non-greatest hits version of HSG.

Special thanks go to Organized_Chaos for his great help!

Edit: To be clear, this version is majorly untested. So please let us know whether you can/cannot run it successfully.
so wait for HBL r108 to test this new save ?
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

pspdarkhanseo wrote:so your saying to use hbl with Hot Shot Golf Open Tee non greatest hits we will need to use HBL r108?
Probably, but I am not entirely sure if all non-greatest-hits versions are affected. You should try both versions of HBL. The one that doesn't work will cause your PSP to freeze and shut down almost immediately (about 5-10 seconds after that UMD loading icon appears on startup) with no debug log created.

There is already R109, you can use that.
Salvy

Post by Salvy »

Organized_Chaos wrote:Could someone give me a link to a tutorial on how to properly set up PSP link for a PSP-2001, TA-085v1 motherboard, 5.50 GEN (or 5.00 M33 if needed)?

I followed Skyend's tutorial on PSPSlimHacks and I've followed a 'tutorial' on Lan.st but both results ended with my PSP not doing anything at all and Windows would just keep making a noise as if I was plugging in a USB device, then unplugging it, then plugging it in, then unplugging it... it would keep doing that until I physically unplugged it. This was on Windows 7. I would prefer if I could do this with Ubuntu 10.10 instead of Windows - if it's possible. I also have access to Windows XP but that computer is slow and old.

I'm thinking maybe I need a special version of PSPlink to use on the slim? I read that somewhere but the person who said it made it sound like it would be impossible to find said version so I didn't even try looking. I'll start looking now I guess ;)

(I hope this hasn't gone off topic much. I remember on AdvancePSP.tk just going slightly off topic caused the thread to be locked, but this all pertains to getting HBL working on HSG.)
I made an easy to follow tutorial while ago http://forums.daedalusx64.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=964
Just note, I was really new to psp programming back then, I made a couple of small errors, but nothing big, also a couple of posts down I posted the latest version of psplink called psplinkUSB.

I Hope it helps, cheers.
pspdarkhanseo

Post by pspdarkhanseo »

nvm

Return to “Half Byte Loader”