Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuakeIII - Quake 3: Arena + Quake 3: Team Arena + OpenArena + Urban Terror port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuakeIII - Quake 3: Arena + Quake 3: Team Arena + OpenArena + Urban Terror port for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Al Capwn wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:28 pm Thank you again for your continued hard work, these updates are just awesome. I am having an issue using the downloader for Urban Terror. When I try running it, it says Image it originally said I needed to free ~600mb so I cleared about 5gb worth, and now with ~8gb free I'm getting this error.
I've pushed an hotfix that should solve your issue, please try to redownload the vpk and see if it solves the issue (UrT btw requires 2.8-3GB for the download phase and will take roughly 1.4 GB after install since the downloaded zip will be deleted).
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Al Capwn

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuakeIII - Quake 3: Arena + Quake 3: Team Arena + OpenArena + Urban Terror port for PSVITA

Post by Al Capwn »

Working great, thanks!

Update: After UT finished downloading/installing and hitting X to close the downloader, I get a C2-12828-1 error. In itself that's not really an issue, but when loading up Q3, I see UT in the mod list but when trying to load it, it just reloads regular Q3. The downloader for OpenArena worked without issue and after it finished it opens up OpenArena.
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Al Capwn wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:03 pm Working great, thanks!

Update: After UT finished downloading/installing and hitting X to close the downloader, I get a C2-12828-1 error. In itself that's not really an issue, but when loading up Q3, I see UT in the mod list but when trying to load it, it just reloads regular Q3. The downloader for OpenArena worked without issue and after it finished it opens up OpenArena.
If you try to open up UrT from the LiveArea icon does it still goes through the downloader or not? Can you send me the coredump of the crash you get with UrT?
Al Capwn

Post by Al Capwn »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:29 pm
Al Capwn wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:03 pm Working great, thanks!

If you try to open up UrT from the LiveArea icon does it still goes through the downloader or not? Can you send me the coredump of the crash you get with UrT?
I get the same error with the LiveArea icon, it still shows itself as the 3 erasers or whatever they are. Here's the coredump file.
Attachments
psp2core-1578957977-0x0000043ef5-urbanterror.bin.psp2dmp.zip
(67.94 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Thanks, i'll take a look at it and see if i can find a solution.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Seems like recent vitaGL changes disrupted even more the fragilee Urban Terror core situation. I managed to make it boot again however it now requires qvms to be launched in full interpreter mode (dynarec will cause core to closeup at maps loading).

Here's a proper binary that should work (you'll have to set vm_ui and vm_cgame (and for some maps even vm_game) to 1; also you'll have to set name to something different to default name in q3config inside q3ut4 folder in order to access main menu).

I'll keep doing more tests in the next days to restore the old situation i had during my debugs with this core.

Place this binary in ux0:app/QUAK00003 as usual.

https://rinnegatamante.it/urbanterror.bin
gordx

Post by gordx »

Using the new binary the game loads. I edited the config like you said (vm_ui, vm_cgame and vm_game to 1, name to my nickname).

When joining a server it stucks when it is saying "LOADING... SOUNDS". 1 CPU core is 100% busy, the other 2 at 0%.

Seems like the client is not up to date. Some server use protocol 71 while the client is using 68, so it disconnects you when joining.

Once it managed to join the game successfully. I even killed someone with having only ~5-15fps.

If you need a tester, I'm available on discord, henkaku server, nick "super".

Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

I left Henkaku Discord server long ago. You can join Vita Nuova Discord server for heelping testing, it would be greatly appreciated! https://discord.gg/PyCaBx9

As for the protocol used, i can ask Urban Terror devs about it (most likely i need some minor changes to the netcode).

For the CPU usage, that's sadly expected since idTech3 is fully single threaded. vitaQuakeIII runs only audio playback on a separated thread, the rest of the game code is completely handled by a single thread (and it's not an easy task to make it work multithreaded since it has been tought by id Software iteself to not have such feature).

As for the low fps, you may try lowering resolution, it should greatly help. In config file search for r_mode and change it to 0 or 1 (0 = 480x272, 1 = 640x368). To give you a comparison, vitaRTCW by default uses 640x368 res to get some little fps boost without making texts completely unreadable (like it would with 480x272).
Gadorach

Post by Gadorach »

Just a quick note for anyone playing with OpenArena on VitaQuake3, but if you want to be able to join OA servers you'll need to make a few changes to your config files.

Add lines:

seta com_protocol "85071"
seta com_legacyprotocol "71"

Those are needed because OA servers use protocol version 71 to differentiate between OA and vanilla Q3A servers.

Also, until Rinne or someone else updates VitaQuake3 to allow actually entering text on the Specify Server screen, you'll have to resort to editing the favourites list in that same config file if you want to play on a private server with friends.

Modify Lines:

seta serverN "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyy"

N = server number in favourites list, starting with 1.
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = Server IP address.
yyy = server port, typically 27960.

An example would be:

seta server1 "166.58.554.101:27960"

Note that servers will likely still appear in the list with a non-communicatable error. Just select the server and hit "Fight" and it'll work anyway, you just won't have a fancy name on it or be able to tell them apart.

And though somewhat unrelated, all of these config file changes work on the 3DS port of OpenArena as well. I've run a game with Vitas, PSTVs, New3DSXLs, Win10, Lubuntu, and Arch Linux PCs all going to the same server and playing just fine together.
PSVita - 1.81+MBA | 1.81+MBA (MiniUSB Modded)
PSP - 1001 Fat (6.60-ME1.8)
Xbox 360 - Trinity RGH Tri-NAND (Dev|Xe|Retail) | Xenon JTAG (Xe) | Falcon RGH1 (Xe)
PS3 - CECH-2101A (CFW 4.60)

Projects - None ATM
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

vitaQuakeIII v.0.9.5 released!

This is an intermediate build between the announced v.1.0 and v.0.9. I've decided to release this due to recent development on Daedalus X64 and RetroDream not allowing me to give enough time to solve the issues with Urban Terror core. v.1.0 will be released once Urban Terror core will be stable enough.

Changelog:

- Greatly improved performances thanks to latest vitaGL usage.
- Improved maps loading times thanks to enhancements in the textures loader in vitaGL code.
- Updated to GCC 9.1.0 usage.

Thanks to all my patroners for their awesome support:
- Freddy Parra
- Tain Sueiras
- psymu
- nullobject
- @Sarkies_Proxy
- drd7of14
- polytoad
- The Vita3K project
- Dieter B
- Matthieu Dubois