Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Question about heap size and SceKernelMemBlockType

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
anvuong

Question about heap size and SceKernelMemBlockType

Post by anvuong »

Hello,

Could anyone please help me answer 2 question below ?

1. From what i read in this docment http://games.soc.napier.ac.uk/resources ... al_003.pdf
In the official SDK , developers can manually modified the heap size by providing sceLibcHeapSize variable .
Could we do this in the open vitasdk ?

2. After making some search on google , i found this http://pastebin.com/V1xEarfT , It seem to be the leaked source of Official VitaSDK sample . In that source, i can find 2 SceKernelMemBlockTypes (SCE_KERNEL_MEMBLOCK_TYPE_USER_RWDATA_UNCACHE , SCE_KERNEL_MEMBLOCK_TYPE_USER_CDRAM_RWDATA) that cannot be found open Vitasdk .
So are those 2 SceKernelMemBlockTypes SCE_KERNEL_MEMBLOCK_TYPE_USER_MAIN_PHYCONT_RW and SCE_KERNEL_MEMBLOCK_TYPE_USER_MAIN_PHYCONT_NC_RW in the open vitasdk?
Advertising
xyz

Re: Question about heap size and SceKernelMemBlockType

Post by xyz »

1. In vitasdk we don't use Sony's heap implementation. If you want to change the default heap size (which is 32MB at the moment of writing), set "int _newlib_heap_size_user = 64 * 1024 * 1024;" e.g. for 64MB.

2. SCE_KERNEL_MEMBLOCK_TYPE_USER_RWDATA_UNCACHE is the same as SCE_KERNEL_MEMBLOCK_TYPE_USER_RW_UNCACHE, SCE_KERNEL_MEMBLOCK_TYPE_USER_CDRAM_RWDATA is the same as SCE_KERNEL_MEMBLOCK_TYPE_USER_CDRAM_RW.
Advertising
gokuhs

Post by gokuhs »

THANKS!
In my project fault the _newlib_heap_size_user so i can only use 32MB, i going crazy finding this!
dadi01

Post by dadi01 »

xyz wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:04 pm 1. In vitasdk we don't use Sony's heap implementation. If you want to change the default heap size (which is 32MB at the moment of writing), set "int _newlib_heap_size_user = 64 * 1024 * 1024;" e.g. for 64MB.

2. SCE_KERNEL_MEMBLOCK_TYPE_USER_RWDATA_UNCACHE is the same as SCE_KERNEL_MEMBLOCK_TYPE_USER_RW_UNCACHE, SCE_KERNEL_MEMBLOCK_TYPE_USER_CDRAM_RWDATA is the same as SCE_KERNEL_MEMBLOCK_TYPE_USER_CDRAM_RW.
Thank you bro

Return to “Programming and Security”