Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] PicoDrive 1.92 - with SVP dynarec

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
Joel16

Re: [RELEASE] PicoDrive 1.92 - with SVP dynarec

Post by Joel16 »

dmaskell92 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:11 pm
robson.santana wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:05 pm Hello, gentlemen. I'm hoping that the inclusion of Retroarch in the Steam store will advance the issue of legalization of roms and emulators. I think it will work. But asking too much would make the PSP and Mega Drive open platforms. I would like to advance in the work that I have stopped.
Personally, while wololo.net doesn't support or condone piracy I am on the outs with Nintendo and would rather see people pirate their content. It's despicable what Nintendo does to small growing communities. Not to mention they skirt the guidelines by abusing YouTube's take-down algorithm to have smaller channels removed for content that doesn't break the law.
I agree with you 100% on this one. I honestly couldn't give a *** about Nintendo, and have only bought one game from them (third party seller) despite owning a DS, Wii, 3DS and Switch. They're a horrible company, and its the one company I'd always encourage pirating from. Also did I mention I don't plan on stopping.
Advertising
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
Yoti
VIP

Post by Yoti »

robson.santana wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:05 pm Hello, gentlemen. I'm hoping that the inclusion of Retroarch in the Steam store will advance the issue of legalization of roms and emulators. I think it will work. But asking too much would make the PSP and Mega Drive open platforms. I would like to advance in the work that I have stopped.
Just share a backup of your repo for us.
Advertising
IF SOMEONE HAS AN 07G PSP-3000 PLZ CONTACT ME VIA PM.

Do not forget about adb kill-server. Really.
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

dmaskell92 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:11 pm
Ok first of all Emulators are 100% legal unless distributed with an actual Bios from said console.

Also downloading roms will never be "legal" as long as Nintendo keeps licensing old games and reselling them on new hardware. These roms are a companies IPL, and even abandonware doesn't always stay abandoned.

MD maybe some day, but never PSP you must be crazy. PSP is not dead or abandonware as titles are still being sold on the Vita currently, and a few where even remade on PS4/PS3.

Also just a side note, abandonware titles are still usually still under copyright, just the owner may not be tracking copyright violations. It's a grey area and it basically boils down to what your moral compass will allow you to do.

Personally, while wololo.net doesn't support or condone piracy I am on the outs with Nintendo and would rather see people pirate their content. It's despicable what Nintendo does to small growing communities. Not to mention they skirt the guidelines by abusing YouTube's take-down algorithm to have smaller channels removed for content that doesn't break the law.
I don't think emulators (without permission) are 100% legal. They perform work on proprietary hardware. If I create a satellite pay TV receiver ... And if at the time of VHS I created hardware on my own ...

Some roms are in the public domain, it seems that Aladdin for Mega is. And some newly created games people release. Doom, Quake and Duke Nukem 3d are freeware. Jaguar is open for development.

If there is a chance that the MD will open, there is also a chance that the Playstation Portable will, of course, probably after years.

Perfect comment about the gray area.

The question of memory and having a way to play unreplayed games (eg Road Rash) would be good for society, a breakthrough. But this is up to the owners.

Return to “Emulators”