Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] PicoDrive 1.92 - with SVP dynarec

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
Butcher

Re: [RELEASE] PicoDrive 1.92 - with SVP dynarec

Post by Butcher »

U can use psp scena beta or psx please also update
Advertising
nowhereman87

Post by nowhereman87 »

Hello robson.santana, first of all I would like to thank you for all the work you have done in the PicoDrive emulator for PSP, it is always my favorite way to play MD/GENESIS games in my PSvita through adrenaline ... it seems to me that menus are very intuitive, clean and the performance excellent ...

I was sorry to note that the repository page on Github has disappeared ( https://github.com/robson-alcantara/picodrive/releases/ ) ... Have you abandoned the project? If not, I'd like to ask you where we can follow the updates now. Also, is there any chance to see the emulator ported to run natively on PSvita through Henkaku / Enso ??

Two small questions about the current emulator: I'm using version 1.92.3 which is the last one I could download, ... I have it configured to use the analog joystick, which works in the menus perfectly, but not during the game, it only does it if I set the directions individually for the use of the joystick in the controls submenu, is there a way to use both the D pad and the analog stick simultaneously? I would like to choose according to the situation of each game.

Finally there is a way to set so that in the menu you can confirm with the X and cancel/exit with the circle button?

Thanks in advance, a greeting from Argentina!
Advertising
riderr3

Post by riderr3 »

The author is unlikely to appear here anymore. Source is pretty dead on GitHub right now. At least I've only have 1.91 source http://www.mediafire.com/file/taj498h99 ... 017SRC.rar
Uploaded just in case.

If someone have latest source, upload it somewhere.

P.S. If someone encountering screen tearing, switch vsync to "sometimes" in display settings. In my case it helps.
Last edited by riderr3 on Thu May 24, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
simonizer

Post by simonizer »

Well, his github page is still there, but he seems to have abondened the project: https://github.com/robson-alcantara/
The source for v1.92 still seems to be available: https://github.com/notaz/picodrive/releases
Rich666

Post by Rich666 »

Shame, I was really looking forward to finally checking out some 32X games :(
reprep

Post by reprep »

anyway to get the latest source code?
Six-Shoota

Post by Six-Shoota »

Man

Re: [RELEASE] PicoDrive 1.93 - with SVP dynarec

Post by Man »

Enjoy http://www.mediafire.com/file/7kmwue4vw ... 3.zip/file Russia help you. Can you throw off the version of Nester J. I can not understand what the latest version is.
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

Hello, gentlemen. I'm hoping that the inclusion of Retroarch in the Steam store will advance the issue of legalization of roms and emulators. I think it will work. But asking too much would make the PSP and Mega Drive open platforms. I would like to advance in the work that I have stopped.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

robson.santana wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:05 pm Hello, gentlemen. I'm hoping that the inclusion of Retroarch in the Steam store will advance the issue of legalization of roms and emulators. I think it will work. But asking too much would make the PSP and Mega Drive open platforms. I would like to advance in the work that I have stopped.
Ok first of all Emulators are 100% legal unless distributed with an actual Bios from said console.

Also downloading roms will never be "legal" as long as Nintendo keeps licensing old games and reselling them on new hardware. These roms are a companies IPL, and even abandonware doesn't always stay abandoned.

MD maybe some day, but never PSP you must be crazy. PSP is not dead or abandonware as titles are still being sold on the Vita currently, and a few where even remade on PS4/PS3.

Also just a side note, abandonware titles are still usually still under copyright, just the owner may not be tracking copyright violations. It's a grey area and it basically boils down to what your moral compass will allow you to do.

Personally, while wololo.net doesn't support or condone piracy I am on the outs with Nintendo and would rather see people pirate their content. It's despicable what Nintendo does to small growing communities. Not to mention they skirt the guidelines by abusing YouTube's take-down algorithm to have smaller channels removed for content that doesn't break the law.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Return to “Emulators”