Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] remaPSV - Remap plugin for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: [RELEASE] remaPSV - Remap plugin for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Naster11250 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:51 am
Rinnegatamante wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:32 am
Naster11250 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:57 am Why there is no PS button? I'd like to assign in to rear panel to make screenshot taking easier.
https://github.com/vitasdk/vita-headers ... ctrl.h#L28
So what? I can't open config .bin file.
If you would've actually opened my link and read the line i actually higlighted you would've known PS Button as well as Volume buttons can't be intercepted by whatever application except for shell one (so SceShell aka Livearea and applications built with same privileges)
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Naster11250

Post by Naster11250 »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:10 am
Naster11250 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:51 am
So what? I can't open config .bin file.
If you would've actually opened my link and read the line i actually higlighted you would've known PS Button as well as Volume buttons can't be intercepted by whatever application except for shell one (so SceShell aka Livearea and applications built with same privileges)
Oh yeah got it.
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

astuermer wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:49 pm
Rinnegatamante wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:57 pm Does the game actually uses the buttons you want to remap? (On PSTV not every game uses the proper function to detect the full controller controls spectrum.)
I can actually try to make an experimental plugin to check this. It should be "relatively" simple to swap the function used in this case to enable full controls on a PSTV.
No, I think the PSTV doesn't even recognize the L2/R2 buttons in any game... :(
Still waiting for an answer from the last build i pushed, astuermer.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

remaPSV v.1.1 released!

Changelog:
- Code cleanup.
- Reworked menu: now it can be correctly used on games using a resolution lower than 960x544.
- Added a new menu showing hooked functions used by the game (for debug purposes).
- Added a frame limiter on the menu: now games in where the menu moved too fast should work as normal.
- Typo fix on "R Trigger (L2)" voice, changed to "R Trigger (R2)".
- Made so that PSTV non detected buttons (eg. L3/R3) are remappable even on games not originally detecting them (eg. native Vita games).
- Now you can return to previous menu/close the config menu by pressing Select.

Credits
- Dmaskell92 for testing the plugin.
- All my Patroners for their awesome support:
2Mourty
Andyways
ArkaniteOnVita
Artūrs Lubāns
BOBdotEXE
Count Duckula
Daniel
Daniel Krusenbaum
Demodex
Eduardo Minguez
Elwood Blues
Gelson Silva
GregoryRasputin
Igor Kovacs Biscaia
Jared Breland
Lars Zondervan
Mored1984
gnmmarechal
nobodywasishere
Oleg Des
Pirloui
PSX-Place.com
RaveHeart
rsn8887
Samuel Batista
styroteqe
suLac4ever
T33Hud
Tain Sueiras
Troy Murray
Yakara

Download:

http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/474
Last edited by Rinnegatamante on Sat May 18, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zobu312

Post by zobu312 »

Thanks for your hard work. I have a question. Is there a way to remap the analog stick to the d-pad and remap d-pad to the back touch pad?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

zobu312 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:36 am Thanks for your hard work. I have a question. Is there a way to remap the analog stick to the d-pad and remap d-pad to the back touch pad?
First suggestion may come with a next update.
Second suggestion don't think will come anytime soon since it would make the plugin remarkably more complex both in code and way of usage.
zobu312

Post by zobu312 »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:34 am First suggestion may come with a next update.
Second suggestion don't think will come anytime soon since it would make the plugin remarkably more complex both in code and way of usage.
Thanks again. It's enough to have the first suggestion happen. To explain myself further I have a Vita that just breaks the left stick any time I change it, it happened four times. It works for a while, then starts giving problems and then just breaks. Yet the right stick is still the og one. Anyway, I am done with the hardware solution but looking for a software solution.

What I have in mind is to swap the function of the left analog with the d-pad, and remap the d-pad to the back touchpad. For example in a 3d action game a d-pad would mostly be used for menus or item shortcuts. With a broken left analog you can't play the game but if what I explained were to happen you can just use the d-pad to move your character and use the back touchpad to use an item. Since most Vita games don't use the back touchpad it wouldn't make too much of difference. This would be crude but also make my Vita more playable.

Anyway, the plugin in its current state can already remap the d-pad to the areas of the back touchpad. If somehow you can swap the function of d-pad and analog while also have the function of d-pad remapped to the back touchpad it would be great. Thanks for listening to my suggestion no matter the outcome.
LPHero55

Post by LPHero55 »

First of all, great work! It's awesome and it's working great in most of the games I want to use it in. Now, I'm not sure if this question was already answered and I just didn't understand the answer, so, many apologies if this is something you've already addressed.
I was hoping to use any of the shoulder buttons on a PS4 controller connected to my PSTV to act like back touch. For example, in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, you have to hold the rear touch on a Vita to strafe. I tried to set rear touch to R1, R2, and R3, but I can't seem to get it to work. I can set those buttons to 'touch (tl), and the touch sections to the button of my choice, but the game doesn't recognize it. Any help would be appreciated. Keep up the great work!
Edit: so, I just went into the Show Imported Functions menu and the last four entries deal with touch. They read:
sceTouchRead: No
sceTouchRead2: No
sceTouchPeek: Yes
sceTouchPeek2: No

Don't know if that sheds some light on anything. Sorry, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to these sorts of things
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

LPHero55 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:51 pm First of all, great work! It's awesome and it's working great in most of the games I want to use it in. Now, I'm not sure if this question was already answered and I just didn't understand the answer, so, many apologies if this is something you've already addressed.
I was hoping to use any of the shoulder buttons on a PS4 controller connected to my PSTV to act like back touch. For example, in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, you have to hold the rear touch on a Vita to strafe. I tried to set rear touch to R1, R2, and R3, but I can't seem to get it to work. I can set those buttons to 'touch (tl), and the touch sections to the button of my choice, but the game doesn't recognize it. Any help would be appreciated. Keep up the great work!
Edit: so, I just went into the Show Imported Functions menu and the last four entries deal with touch. They read:
sceTouchRead: No
sceTouchRead2: No
sceTouchPeek: Yes
sceTouchPeek2: No

Don't know if that sheds some light on anything. Sorry, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to these sorts of things
remaPSV as of now allows to remap only to physical buttons so no remap to rear/front touch panels.
LPHero55

Post by LPHero55 »

remaPSV as of now allows to remap only to physical buttons so no remap to rear/front touch panels.

Well, that explains it. Thanks!

Return to “HENkaku”