Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to redownload P.T. Silent Hills

Post here your guides, tips, How-to, etc...
orangpelupa

How to redownload P.T. Silent Hills

Post by orangpelupa »

P.T. is a historical masterpiece from the minds of Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, and Norman Reedus. It was swept away from PSN and no longer available for re-downloaded.

But starting from today, you can re-download P.T. (Silent Hills) without hassle:

Quick guide
(recommended for those that know their ways with PC)
1. Download and install SUWI http://www.mediafire.com/?5x4lwmcgh2j3rlj (check all options).
2. Set your PS4 to use your PC as proxy.
3. Download P.T. from Library :)

Video proof and guide
Super Detailed guide
(recommended for those that want to make sure they did not missed any steps)

On Windows PC:
1. Download SUWI http://www.mediafire.com/?5x4lwmcgh2j3rlj
2. Run Suwi R20110308.exe and check all options.
3. Download this http://bramantya.org/stash/cumi/check%20IP.zip
4. Open the zip file and run "Check IP.bat" to see your proxy IP address.

On PS4:
1. Go to NETWORK settings > Set up Internet Connection -> use LAN/WiFi > Custom > Automatic > Do not specify > Automatic > Automatic.
2. Now you are on PROXY screen, choose USE and type your proxy IP address with PORT 808.
3. Complete the network setting.

Download P.T. (Silent Hills) on PS4:
1. Go to DOWNLOAD notification.
2. If P.T. download error was there, press OPTIONS then DELETE (if its not there, you are OK).
3. Go to LIBRARY.
4. Choose P.T.
5. DOWNLOAD P.T.

The technical stuff
PlayStation 4 finds out where to download games by reading specific .JSON file. But because P.T. was wiped off PSN, PS4 don't know where to download.

Googling around, turns out there's a bunch of Redditors that has uploaded P.T. US version PKG but its missing the necessary .JSON file. Luckily there's EU JSON file floating around and i modify it to work with P.T. US version.

My face made a big smile when i saw P.T. download progress bar slowly fills. But my smile quickly turned upside-down when the download stopped at 9MB. Thus i gave deeper look at the EU JSON and identified the following stuff:

Long story short, i modified the EU JSON with
  • US PKG URL,
    US PKG SHA-1 hash,
    and blanking the identifier (just put "").
Voila, it works. P.T. able to reach 100% download and it is playable. Turns out, PS4 only care with the PKG URL, file-size, and SHA-1 hash. PS4 does not care with the identifier value, thus you can simply blank it :D

Full-disclosure:
  • The proxy app was "Squid Proxy". I made an installer and some necessary configs.
    This tutorial is my original work and i will post it on other places to spread the word, but the most comprehensive and detailed guide only available for Wololo community. Because i think you guys/girls will like the nitty gritty :D
Advertising
wolololloyd

Re: How to redownload P.T. Silent Hills

Post by wolololloyd »

is this available only to ps4 or works also on ps3?
Advertising
jack52032

Post by jack52032 »

P.T is only on PS4
MDashK

Post by MDashK »

Can you share only the modified JSON file please?

I have both the JSON and PKG EU and have the PKG US, but I'm missing the JSON US file...

Thanks!
Internetus Exploratis
Blourf

Post by Blourf »

In the installer it says "make proxy server on your web browser" or something like that. Does this refer to the settings part on the PS4, or does it need to be set up separately on my PC?

edit: the connection issue was caused by my firewall -_- working now. Thank you very much! I didn't want to spend hours to do a hdd backup when exchanging my ps4 hdd and remembered too late that I couldn't get PT again. So it's still on my old hdd but this way I get it a lot faster. hats off!
Orgad1992

Post by Orgad1992 »

link to Suwi R20110308.exe dont work, upload again please
DarknessKnight

Post by DarknessKnight »

Help please, Suwi R20110308.exe dont work. does not download files
orangpelupa

Post by orangpelupa »

DarknessKnight wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:58 pm Help please, Suwi R20110308.exe dont work. does not download files
New SUWI installer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaW28Vt ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
make sure to RUN AS ADMIN

Return to “Tutorials”