Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

sharing bought games? - "How to make CMA backups for anyone"

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
hyausv67

sharing bought games? - "How to make CMA backups for anyone"

Post by hyausv67 »

http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... entid.html

Hi, so what exactly is this for, what will this let us do?
I can buy a game, and put it on my other vita, with a different account, and it will still work?
So I would edit the account id of the vita that the game is on, to the id that I want the game to end up on?
Or, I would simply blank out the account id, which would make it restore on any and every vita console?
It can't really be that easy...? But the title says make cma backups for everyone... so, it sounds like way of using backups to me.

And I see this - "Note: This process could damage your Vita and WILL delete your PSN activation!"
It looks like the only file we are editing is system_.dreg - if we write the original unedited version back, would the vita become activated again? (that is if the edit really does deacticate the vita)
Advertising
nyx

Re: sharing bought games? - "How to make CMA backups for any

Post by nyx »

Maybe it's a way to make CMA backups for others?
Doesn't mean it will run since there's still the license but at least it'll restore.
Advertising
tomtomdu80
Buffer Overflow

Post by tomtomdu80 »

nyx wrote:Doesn't mean it will run since there's still the license but at least it'll restore.
^this
hyausv67 wrote:And I see this - "Note: This process could damage your Vita and WILL delete your PSN activation!"
It looks like the only file we are editing is system_.dreg - if we write the original unedited version back, would the vita become activated again? (that is if the edit really does deacticate the vita)
Unfortunately, this won't work again by just writing back the system.dreg file. When you change that ID, the vita becomes unactivated cause of some other things, which can't be restored without an internet connection yet.
hyausv67

Post by hyausv67 »

Ok that makes sense, that it may restore but yeah the license is still an issue.
So I guess this is not useful at the moment then :) at least, as far as I can think.

Return to “Support”