Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Steins;Gate PSP English patch.

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
dmaskell92

Steins;Gate PSP English patch.

Post by dmaskell92 »

So i came across this today.
Click Me

I'll cut it short, would anyone like to team up and translate this game? I myself am going to take a crack at it, and with any luck we can get the ball rolling! I'm a big fan, and own the PC version Which has a English patch currently. so translators aren't really necessary if you use the materials at hand.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
Thrawn

Re: Steins;Gate PSP English patch.

Post by Thrawn »

Theoretically I would be interesting but... why exactly a game which is already available and playable in English on pc and soon on vita? I mean... aren't there enough other more interesting titles... its not as if stein's gate was the ultra mega hit any way... I found the animation pretty boring and lame in the same way as I felt with chaos;head...
I dropped stein's gate animation somewhere in the middle and with chaos head... I skipped most of all "lame" scenes, so there was not much to watch at all XD.

But back on topic...
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/PSP/Stein ... ranslation
Initial Efforts
For informational purposes only
I opened the ISO with UMDgen, extracted the Data0.AFS with the AFS explorer, looked out for the .BINs (the scripts) and changed them with a program called sakura (a hex/text editor in japanese), saved, and repacked everything.
Unfortunately, it can be much more complicated than that, since the textbox often has a character limit per dialogue box. This will take some crazy bitbanging haxx to overcome.
I tried translating the game myself (aka opening the ISO and swapping the japanese text with Shourai's translation), but ran into one major problem: the character limit. Every dialogue box accepts only a set amount of characters; the first line of dialogue works fine, but every following line is missing the first few letters (and at some point, the game just crashes). I don't know **** about coding and Google couldn't help me either, so it's pretty much hopeless.
You need to figure out the POINTER and the LIMITER... if the text is in single files for this game, then each address for the text should also be in every files header or shortly after.

The last time I squirmed around with translation stuff was with my own tales of vesperia patch...

Just to give an example of how it works with pointers... (only an example, this was how it worked with vesperia and its skits)
48656164657200000A0021003D000000
004869207468697320697320736F6D65
20746578742E0000416E642074686973
20697320736F6D65206D6F7265207465
78740000416E64206F6E206D6F726521
Header ! =
Hi this is some
text. And this
is some more te
xt And on more!
The very first pointer after the header "0A" point from its position towards the very first text block which begins with "486920.... The text then runs up to the zeros "0000 and the interpreter recognizes that this line ended. It then jumps back to the first pointer, takes the address of the next pointer but this is where it gets hairy... it does not begin to count bytes from this position as it did with the first pointer... it begins to count bytes from the first pointer toward the beginning of the second line which begins with "416E64. It runs up again to the zeros and then it repeats as before...

Keep in mind... this is only an example taken from vesperia... it could be different with steins gate. But the method how pointer work is the same... only major problem is... if the pointers are hardcoded into the eboot.bin... then its over but I guess they aren't. -_-
Advertising
The internet is a bottomless barrel of sh*t, we try to fill it, everyday. But we fail, because its bottomless.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Ah, I see. I personally love Steins;Gate as do many others. Yes, it's coming to Vita, yes it will have a physical copy. But it won't run on 3.18. If you really understand the concept of Steins;Gate and how everything at the end ties into the beginning with factual time travel theory's to boot. In my opinion the Anime is far better than Chaos;Head, and anyone who watches at least 5 episodes without dropping it says the same. I actually stopped watching Chaos;Head after like 7 episodes. I might finish it but I only tried to watch it because of Steins;Gate.

If it's too much work or not possible I guess I can just get the android version with crappy word wrapping that I don't think anyone is fixing. Or I could play on PC, but with GTAV at hand I don't really feel like playing V/N's on my PC.

Nysek

Post by Nysek »

Ps Vita
Ps Vita TV
PS4
PS2 FMCB
Xbox UnleaseX
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

WHAT?
Is this the full game in English? How do you go about patching a UMD rip? Does it need to be converted to .BIN?

Somehow I overlooked that when skimming.

I want to play around with the pointers in hex.

GeminiContractor

Post by GeminiContractor »

dmaskell92 wrote:In my opinion the Anime is far better than Chaos;Head, and anyone who watches at least 5 episodes without dropping it says the same. I actually stopped watching Chaos;Head after like 7 episodes. I might finish it but I only tried to watch it because of Steins;Gate.
I will not say that you should not watch it, since you may think that it is good, and it is better to see something for yourself sometimes, but I watched both Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head, and, honestly, I thought that Chaos;Head was crud in comparison to Steins;Gate.

While Steins;Gate had an interesting time traveling plot that made some sense (at least until the final episode/movie?), Chaos;Head was fatiguing to watch.
The plot was...from what I could tell, filled with a lot of nonsense and plot holes.

Also, I do not remember if I finished it or not (I think I was at the last two episodes), but Robotics;Notes was also not so great, in my opinion, though, it seemed to have less of the nonsense that Chaos;Head had.
"People cannot change the past. All we can do is to accept our own actions.
If you still wish to be burdened by your sins, let it show in your future actions.
It is your choice how to perceive something that has already happened."
Nysek

Post by Nysek »

dmaskell92 wrote:WHAT?
Is this the full game in English? How do you go about patching a UMD rip? Does it need to be converted to .BIN?

Somehow I overlooked that when skimming.

I want to play around with the pointers in hex.
No its just the prologue. Xdelta. yes.
Ps Vita
Ps Vita TV
PS4
PS2 FMCB
Xbox UnleaseX

Return to “Games”