Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Post by fate6 »

If you use install data iirc it enables some voice acting in some of the radio dialog but its nothing important.
Yep it would only be of use to UMD and in fact would probably slow down read speeds if used with the eboot or ISO since the entire game is already on the memory stick and now its trying to read not only that but the install data as well all from the same source.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

fate6 wrote:If you use install data iirc it enables some voice acting in some of the radio dialog but its nothing important.
Yep it would only be of use to UMD and in fact would probably slow down read speeds if used with the eboot or ISO since the entire game is already on the memory stick and now its trying to read not only that but the install data as well all from the same source.
Thanks for your reply :) !
Does the Install data enable voice acting for the radio, even if you aren't currently using it (e.g. put PSP to sleep, resume, then when it asks whether to use the Install data, click NO) or does simply running the game from the Memory Stick enable voice acting (or am I mistaken)? I keep resuming the game from sleep, clicking NO (don't use the Install data (the full install data)) and haven't noticed any unvoiced codec calls... :?:

Darth Agnon

PS. the "Hunter" control scheme, which I use, feels more like the original PSOne Metal Gear Solid control scheme than Monster Hunter :D
Advertising
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44148
Wololo's article: http://wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

Playing (and loving (exception: some slightly pervy cutscenes)) MGS Peace Walker; the robot bosses are epic, à la Monster Hunter (never a bad thing ;))!

Darth Agnon
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

Does anyone still have any custom Vocaloid track saves they'd be willing to share? As I started the game late, the Vocaloid service is now unavailable, so I can't make custom voice/music tracks for use in the game. I am playing the USA version of the game.

Thanks!

D.A.

Return to “Games”