Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

2 Vitas, same PSN acc, different FW file exchange?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
dboyz

2 Vitas, same PSN acc, different FW file exchange?

Post by dboyz »

Hello guys, I just have this thing buzzing aroung my head
I wonder about data exchange between 2 vita's content (both activated with the same PSN account) but 1 Vita with the latest FW while the other aren't (PSN activated)
Is there possibility to transfer datas (eg; Games) which were downloaded from 1st Vita (latest FW) to 2nd Vita via openCMA?
And regarding the data (eg: Games), can we simply copy & paste them (transfer between 2 different PCs)? (data directory from CMA)

I'm so sorry if my question is a bit confusing but feel free to drop your opinions/facts about this.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: My point here is maybe we can ask our trustable pal to simply log in our PSN acc on his/her Vita (latest FW) & download games/apps etc.
Then, they just send those games/apps back up data (from CMA) to us & we simply transfer those games/apps to our Vita (older FW) via openCMA

*just additional info: We can always deactivate PS systems on our PSN accounts via "sonyentertainmentnetwork.com"
sorry if this breaking Sony's TOUse <----- :roll:
Advertising
Last edited by dboyz on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
we forgive but we never forget
pspfanMOHH

Re: 2 Vitas, same PSN acc, different FW file exchange?

Post by pspfanMOHH »

Yes, it is possible, however account sharing is breaking sony's terms of use which we do not support
Advertising
10 years young!
dboyz

Post by dboyz »

pspfanMOHH wrote:Yes, it is possible, however account sharing is breaking sony's terms of use which we do not support
I thought sony allows 2 Vitas under 1 PSN account, is it true?
pspfanMOHH

Post by pspfanMOHH »

dboyz wrote:My point here is maybe we can ask our trustable pal to simply log in our PSN acc on his/her Vita (latest FW) & download games/apps etc.
Then, they just send those games/apps back up data (from CMA) to us & we simply transfer those games/apps to our Vita (older FW) via openCMA
That breaks the terms of use of sony
10 years young!
dboyz

Post by dboyz »

I see, sorry then for making this thread,
so anyway its possible for those who doesn't have PS3 to get older exploitable games on their Vita (older FW),
its either we need 2nd Vita or breaching Sony TOS with another 2nd party Vita user =)
P/S: @Mods feel free to judge this thread :? & any opinions/facts are still welcome :)
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

So you want a friend to sign in on his up to date Vita with your account then buy and download stuff

After he copy's stuff to PC and deactivates his Vita
Then sends you the files so you can copy to your Vita which is the account the bought it thus avoiding any updates?

I think it should work and yes it does go against ToS but meh
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
dboyz

Post by dboyz »

yup, indeed this can be done, just need mutual trust between those 2 parties.
Startropic1

Post by Startropic1 »

pspfanMOHH wrote:Yes, it is possible, however account sharing is breaking sony's terms of use which we do not support
You need to revisit your policies then. Console makers have been putting false legal notes in their documentation and "terms of use" since even before Sony ever thought about making a game console. Nintendo put stickers on the back of NES carts that said, "backup copies of games are illegal and unnecessary," a statement that is entirely false and holds absolutely no weight in a court of law.

You should be concerned about what is actually legal/illegal and not what Sony or another company wants you to do or not do with their products. Do I have to bring up all the tv/film companies that tried to get the VCR blocked back in the 70s/80s? Fortunately for you their attempts failed and the results of that legal battle paved the way for DVD and every other way you LEGALLY store music, movies, tv shows, video games, etc.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
reprep

Post by reprep »

is this process the same between a vita and a vita tv? vita tv is not activated though, i guess i will have to activate it via ps3, open cma method.

Return to “Programming and Security”