Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Error c1-2858-3 FIX

Azndrift

Error c1-2858-3 FIX

Post by Azndrift »

The problem seems to be coming from the MENU.PBP in the exploit savedata folder. To fix this, there was a suggestion on using Ymenu (download it here: http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/1338). Just download this file, open it up, copy ALL the files and paste it in the exploit savedata folder, replacing the TN MENU.PBP with the ymenu one. Just follow all the other instructions on how to install homebrew on ISO/CSO.
Advertising
DecisiveGamer

Re: Error c1-2858-3 FIX

Post by DecisiveGamer »

Already tried a bit ago, and it does not work for me.

Would it have anything to do with the specific event which caused my problem?
My Vita's screen turned off while in the middle of an FTP transfer, and then I tried to restart the game after it wouldn't reconnect, which led me to this.
Advertising
Azndrift

Post by Azndrift »

Try transfering using cma, then using pspfiler to move the game to ms0:/
DecisiveGamer

Post by DecisiveGamer »

Well, I am unable to even get into any homebrew, so I am going to wipe my Vita's memory card.

Oh well, I've been needing to clear things up on it, anyways.
Thanks for the help.
roketx

Post by roketx »

DecisiveGamer wrote:Already tried a bit ago, and it does not work for me.

Would it have anything to do with the specific event which caused my problem?
My Vita's screen turned off while in the middle of an FTP transfer, and then I tried to restart the game after it wouldn't reconnect, which led me to this.
YES.

I just made a thread about this, and this turned out to be why.

What's happened is the menus trying to load a corrupted file.

So what you need to do mate, get pspfiler 6.6, all you need is the eboot out of it, and replace the MENU.PBP with the eboot, except rename it to menu ( don't use any other files from pspfiller )

pspfiller will boot up instead of the kernal menu, delete any files you where transfering, get rid of them all.

then reverse and put the original one back, its alot of effort, but that's why it happened.

I GUARANTEE this will fix your issue :)
DecisiveGamer

Post by DecisiveGamer »

roketx wrote: YES.

I just made a thread about this, and this turned out to be why.

What's happened is the menus trying to load a corrupted file.

So what you need to do mate, get pspfiler 6.6, all you need is the eboot out of it, and replace the MENU.PBP with the eboot, except rename it to menu ( don't use any other files from pspfiller )

pspfiller will boot up instead of the kernal menu, delete any files you where transfering, get rid of them all.

then reverse and put the original one back, its alot of effort, but that's why it happened.

I feel you may have saved me a bunch of time. I should have known to replace the eboot. >.>

Thanks.
vitasav

Post by vitasav »

i doubt this is a fix for games that don't work......seems like a fix for corrupted games or something ?
PS Vita PCP-1101 - 3.60 OFW - HENkaku
DecisiveGamer

Post by DecisiveGamer »

vitasav wrote:i doubt this is a fix for games that don't work......seems like a fix for corrupted games or something ?
I have only one ISO, it works like a dream. It working or not is not my concern, but rather corrupted files.
Almost have it fixed, yay.
Azndrift

Post by Azndrift »

I kept having problems trying to install homebrew and isos with the TN menu. As soo nas i switched to ymenu, bam, everythig worked perfectly
Lord of Pirates

Post by Lord of Pirates »

roketx wrote:... ... ...
Thanks for this.

Return to “Homebrews”