Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Anyone Else Realize This?

Everything that is 3DS related but doesn't go in any other subforum
MooMooMan

Anyone Else Realize This?

Post by MooMooMan »

"Old" 3DS can't handle GBA or SNES emulation.... When the PSP 1K is able to do it at full or near full speed.
Let's think about that.. PSP is from 2004, and it can handle both GBA and SNES, even some N64. Yet the "New" 3DS is the only Nintendo portable capable of emulating those devices... And it was released in what? October 11th, 2014 in Japan? That's literally 10 years later! Haha!

Come on Nintendo! I know you guys don't need all the power in the world, but would it kill you to make your consoles powerful enough to emulate their ancestors? This is crazy!
Advertising
Ps Vita 1000 3.60 HenKaku
PSP 3000 03g 6.20 LME 2.3 Perm (Black)
PSP 3000 03g 6.20 LME 2.3 Perm (Silver)
HarmfulMushroom

Re: Anyone Else Realize This?

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

MooMooMan wrote:"Old" 3DS can't handle GBA or SNES emulation.... When the PSP 1K is able to do it at full or near full speed.
Let's think about that.. PSP is from 2004, and it can handle both GBA and SNES, even some N64. Yet the "New" 3DS is the only Nintendo portable capable of emulating those devices... And it was released in what? October 11th, 2014 in Japan? That's literally 10 years later! Haha!

Come on Nintendo! I know you guys don't need all the power in the world, but would it kill you to make your consoles powerful enough to emulate their ancestors? This is crazy!
More than likely they intentionally made it not run able on O3DS in order to force people to buy the N3DS. If I remember correctly there are some homebrews that will run GBA/SNES games released a long time ago for 3DS.
Advertising
gamr13

Post by gamr13 »

Uhm, the 3DS can emulate the SNES and GBA pretty well, if your O3DS is hacked. Mine is and I have my entire GBA library on there and EarthBound running in the Homebrew channel pretty decently. Can also do Genesis decently too.
PS Vita: 3.60 - d-fend
PSP: 6.60 Pro B-10 - d-fend
PS3 - gamr12 (And d-fend)
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

gamr13 wrote:Uhm, the 3DS can emulate the SNES and GBA pretty well, if your O3DS is hacked. Mine is and I have my entire GBA library on there and EarthBound running in the Homebrew channel pretty decently. Can also do Genesis decently too.
This is an ancient thread that someone gravedug; when it was originally posted the O3DS was not supported as well as it is now.

Return to “General”