Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Vita has a new competitor?.. the 2DS

Everything that is 3DS related but doesn't go in any other subforum
User avatar
watswat5
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Vita has a new competitor?.. the 2DS

Post by watswat5 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:50 am

Are they even trying any more?
Advertising
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut
"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution." - Robert Sewell

poec
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:01 am

Re: Vita has a new competitor?.. the 2DS

Post by poec » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:27 am

3DS... 2DS...
Xbox360... XboxOne...
Something is wrong....
Advertising

User avatar
silkyskeeter
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Vita has a new competitor?.. the 2DS

Post by silkyskeeter » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:56 am

artmaze7 wrote:
silkyskeeter wrote:
artmaze7 wrote:Not even close to a competitor to the vita. This "2DS" was meant for children under the age of 7.
Average age of gamers is 34 and since the 3DS is a stellar success, with an install base that COMPLETELY over shadows PsVita's multiple times..... do the math. Comments like this still make me laugh. It's good to have brand loyalty but its another thing all together to just be blinded and ignorant by fandom.
*pointless sales img*

Look who's laughing now.
Actually, I still am because you put yourself into the ignorant crowd that I spoke of in that comment. You completely disregarded what I said and went straight to that part of it. And then think you actually proved something by showing a quote from a sales pitch. Had nothing to do with what I said and still doesn't change the fact that the 3DS is still over shadowing the PsVita. Still doesn't change the fact that the average age of gamer is 34. And the fact that the person even put that in there as a reason for it to NOT be a competition to the, what seems to be dying at birth, PsVita is damage control. Which is the reason for the "ignorant by fandom" part. The topic was and still is competition. Which, like I said in that comment, "PsVita isn't a competition to anyone". Not iPad, not iPod, not to WiiU, not smart phones (who the heck is left?). Why in gods name would a cheaper version of a piece of hardware that was already beating the living *** out of PsVita even be less of a competiton just because of a quote? If anything they SECURED it gaining EVEN more install base domination over PsVita by having a version for almost every gaming demographic.

Comprehension fails you it seems.
Digital artist, gamer, and game dev (in the making)

User avatar
artmaze7
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:26 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Vita has a new competitor?.. the 2DS

Post by artmaze7 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:45 pm

silkyskeeter wrote: Actually, I still am because you put yourself into the ignorant crowd that I spoke of in that comment. You completely disregarded what I said and went straight to that part of it. And then think you actually proved something by showing a quote from a sales pitch. Had nothing to do with what I said and still doesn't change the fact that the 3DS is still over shadowing the PsVita. Still doesn't change the fact that the average age of gamer is 34. And the fact that the person even put that in there as a reason for it to NOT be a competition to the, what seems to be dying at birth, PsVita is damage control. Which is the reason for the "ignorant by fandom" part. The topic was and still is competition. Which, like I said in that comment, "PsVita isn't a competition to anyone". Not iPad, not iPod, not to WiiU, not smart phones (who the heck is left?). Why in gods name would a cheaper version of a piece of hardware that was already beating the living *** out of PsVita even be less of a competiton just because of a quote? If anything they SECURED it gaining EVEN more install base domination over PsVita by having a version for almost every gaming demographic.

Comprehension fails you it seems.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I just said that the "2ds" was meant for the younger age group, so it is not in the same category as the PS Vita. I obviously know that the 3DS is blowing the Vita out of the water right now, and it has been for over a year. I wasn't trying to "prove" something. I was simply trying to support my statement because of your statistics (34 average gamer for 3DS). It is not "ignorant fandom" because I too have both the Vita and the 3DS. 3DS vs. PS Vita is competition, not PS Vita vs. 2DS. :roll:
Proud PS Vita YouTuber w/ 4,000+ subscribers! <3 My Channel

Former tester of Coldbird's ARK eCFW (before it got leaked)

Follow me @Artmaze_

User avatar
Faltimar
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:07 am

Re: Vita has a new competitor?.. the 2DS

Post by Faltimar » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Its all competition dude, because its Nintendo vs Sony (in this situation). 2DS will take up more of the handheld market. heck, Im gonna get my son a 2DS for christmas.
Image

User avatar
TragicTheBlubbering
Moderator
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:30 pm
Location: The Sacred Realm

Re: Vita has a new competitor?.. the 2DS

Post by TragicTheBlubbering » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:02 pm

Rofl, wtf!? :lol: This is just an eyesore! Now I'm a Nintendo fanboy(just look at my avatar) but it's like they aren't even trying anymore. :roll:
Edit: Not really Vita related so moved to "Other Platforms"
R.I.P Leonard Nimoy, the original Mr. Spock. He lived long and prospered. :cry:
---------------
[spoiler]Paridae or gtfo! 8-)
---------------
i was wondering if there anyway to mod the ps3 so i can play ps3 game ??
[/spoiler]
---------------

User avatar
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod
Posts: 3099
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Behind you!

Re: Vita has a new competitor?.. the 2DS

Post by Acid_Snake » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:20 am

silkyskeeter wrote:Average age of gamers is 34
where exactly did you get that number? please do proper research before you make a fool of yourself.
Unless unemployed and living with government money, 34 year-olds have jobs, families, and many time consuming things to do, so at the end of the game, if they do game, it's casual, indie games on their smartphones so they don't get bored on their way yo work. Gaming is generally geared towards little kids, teens and young adults, in other words: people who have TIME and ENERGY.

PootieTang
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: Vita has a new competitor?.. the 2DS

Post by PootieTang » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:11 am

Targets a totally different market segment compered to what the PSV was intended for, the 2 of them are not competitors.

User avatar
Xian Nox
Retired Mod
Posts: 2749
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:27 pm
Location: Over the hills and far away

Re: Vita has a new competitor?.. the 2DS

Post by Xian Nox » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Acid_Snake wrote:
silkyskeeter wrote:Average age of gamers is 34
where exactly did you get that number? please do proper research before you make a fool of yourself.
Unless unemployed and living with government money, 34 year-olds have jobs, families, and many time consuming things to do, so at the end of the game, if they do game, it's casual, indie games on their smartphones so they don't get bored on their way yo work. Gaming is generally geared towards little kids, teens and young adults, in other words: people who have TIME and ENERGY.
Everybody likes graphs, ne? Couldn't find a study of 3DS/Vita user ages, but here's one for the DS and PSP from 2011:
Image
Average age might not be 34, but there's quite a lot of 30-year olds playing that thing. Also, I've seen plenty of 30-year-olds with jobs on the RSI website, so, I don't really see how your argument is valid. I can have a job, a family and whatnot else, and still find some time to play a game if I so desire.

User avatar
Faltimar
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:07 am

Re: Vita has a new competitor?.. the 2DS

Post by Faltimar » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Im 33 years old. Im married with 3 kids (3, 6, and 13 years old). I dont really play casual games, like iphone games and such. My wife does. Lately Ive been playing Dark Souls (PC), Killzone Mercenary Beta, Dragon's Crown and Xenoblade (Dolphin).

P.S. I own all the current systems and handhelds and a PC. I mostly play on PC and handheld (Vita/3DS).

I wouldnt buy a 2DS for myself. It is ugly. I do prefer stereo over monorail. I think 3D is cool sometimes. My son, on the other hand, doesnt care about that. So I can save some money, get him a cool new toy, and I'll still be able to share games with him.

Edit - Most of the people I play games with are my age, or older, are married and have kids.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “General”