Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to get DEX CMA

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
AbyssDweller

Re: How to get DEX CMA

Post by AbyssDweller »

Do you need Dev CMA (PC application) to get the save data option?
I know someone had the link to it (It doesn't ask for updates either.)

I still haven't updated to 3.60 so I can't check.
Advertising
PixelButts

Post by PixelButts »

Alright so because the title was misleading and people are confused, here's an explanation for you.

What you're talking about is the Vita end of the CMA app (not the CMA application for OSX/Windows). Modifying it does add some extra options. Yes you do have the option to save JUST the save data, but you need to clarify that it's for the VITA side of CMA. It's simple to do, it's not hard, but it's just a feature found on non-retail being added back into a retail system (as with any app you want for the Vita should you want to - including the package installer, mini debug settings, the 2 PSN bubbles, etc). There's nothing really changing here aside from the extra option.

Now regarding CMA for Devkits (Windows application); I could link it but that breaks the rules. It has tons of benefits over CMA/OpenCMA/QCMA (debatable on the last one), but linking it would actually warrant a ban on me. It's a fantastic option as you don't have to worry about it wanting you to update anything (from what I've tried with and without spoofing - it does not care what firmware you on) and if you just want something that works.

Silica just for the future, please clarify things a bit better in the title and the description.
Advertising
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

I understand it. However, I replaced my NPSX00026 app with the one provided on this thread and the option "Saved data only" doesn't appear on the Vita side. Does it require modified shell.self too?
PixelButts

Post by PixelButts »

OperationNT wrote:I understand it. However, I replaced my NPSX00026 app with the one provided on this thread and the option "Saved data only" doesn't appear on the Vita side. Does it require modified shell.self too?
Probably
ErnieBall

Post by ErnieBall »

OperationNT wrote:I understand it. However, I replaced my NPSX00026 app with the one provided on this thread and the option "Saved data only" doesn't appear on the Vita side. Does it require modified shell.self too?
Same, here. This doesn't work as is.
PSP 1004 6.60 ME
PSV 1000 3.60 HENKAKU
PS3 CECH-2004A FERROX 4.80 Cobra 7.3
assasin1990

Post by assasin1990 »

Yap,doesn't work.
zany130

Post by zany130 »

can someone reupload it its been taken down
TechTomas

Post by TechTomas »

will someone check whats going on with cm on a vita in demo mode it connects and transfers everything without asking for psn id and other stuff not just savedata is it possible to port the demo mode content manager over to retail and have it work the same way it does in demo mode (Demo mode vita + qcma works fully together)

Return to “Tutorials”