Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

(Tutorial) Vita Game&Save Decryption (HENKaku 3.60)

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
KiraSlith

(Tutorial) Vita Game&Save Decryption (HENKaku 3.60)

Post by KiraSlith »

This tutorial has been simplified to the best of my abilities, and requires that you already have HENKaku working on your Vita, and a FTP Client of your choosing on your computer (Preferably in Binary transfer mode!).

Part 1: Getting mr.gas’ PFS Protection bypass trick working

1: Launch molecularShell and start the FTP server by pressing "select".
2: Launch your FTP client, connect to your Vita (the IP and port are on your vita's screen), navigate to "ur0:shell/db/" and download "app.db" from your Vita
3: Install "DB Browser for SQLite" if you don't already have it, then double-click your "app.db"
4: Click the "Browse Data" tab, and change the "Table" drop-down menu to "tbl_uri"
5: Click "New Record" twice and fill them both in to look like this: http://prntscr.com/c1f13d
6: Change the "Table" drop-down menu to "tbl_appinfo" and type "NPXS10000" into the "filter" field just below "titleId" and "vs0:app/NPXS10000/" in the filter field just below "val"
7: Your window should now look something like this: http://prntscr.com/c1f4y4
8: Look for the row that says "vs0:app/NPXS10000/eboot.bin" and change that to "vs0:app/NPXS10027/eboot.bin"
9: Finally, click "Write Changes" and send your newly modified app.db back to your vita the same way you downloaded it, just in reverse.

Part 2: Preparing to Dump and Edit decrypted game saves and files
1: You need a copy of molecularShell before going any further, so go to "ux0:/app" and copy "MLCL00001" somewhere you will remember on your computer.
2: At this point, you need to figure out your target application's Title ID, the easiest way to do this is to type the name of your game or application in under "val" while in "tbl_appinfo", and reading the result under "titleId", for example: http://prntscr.com/c1fa5v
3: Start by navigating to "ux0:/patch/" and finding the folder labeled with the title Id you found in the last step, if there is no folder create one yourself and skip to step 6.
4: Copy everything inside the folder somewhere safe (it would be a good idea to copy it to a seperate folder labled with the name of the game/app you are working on), make sure to wait until everything is copied before going to step 5
5: Delete EVERYTHING in the folder titled with your game's Title ID on your Vita, doesn't matter what it is, just delete it.
6: Copy the contents of MLCL00001 you downloaded in step 1 to the folder on your vita.

Part 3: FINALLY Downloading the Decrypted Files to edit/replace.

1: Start the web browser and type "ux0:app/[YOURTITLEID]" into the address bar, replacing [YOURTITLEID] with the Title ID you got from Part 2's Step 2, If you did all the previous steps correctly, you should now see the Near application open up and then open to the user manual for your application.
2: Try opening your application, instead you will be greeted with molecularShell, press select as usual to launch the FTP server.
3: Finally, you now have access to the decrypted versions of your target application's files. (or at least everything but the patch files, UPDATE THIS TUTORIAL WHEN WOLOLO RELEASES HIS METHOD FOR DECRYPTING PATCH FILES)

If your FTP utility doesn't immediately show the new root directories when you connect to it again, here they are so you can manually move to them:
app0: (the contents of your application's files mixed in with molecularShell and whatever DLC you've downloaded )
addcont0: (this is where you can find JUST the DLC by itself)
savedata0: (This is where the files most of you are interested in are)

Thanks to:
mr.gas (for the originating tutorial, and for absolutely breaking the vita's encryption on at least a game-by-game level, with a silly, hacky solution)
Wololo (for *cough*Halfassedly*cough* updating mr.gas' tutorial to work with HENKaku, P.S. FIX YOUR FORUMS, I SHOULDN'T BE LOGGED OUT FOR SPENDING 2 HOURS WRITING, ONLY TO HAVE MY WORK LOST)
Chrome (and by extension, google, for caching the entire tutorial in a way that it was easily recoverable, so I wouldn't have to write the entire thing again.)
Gaben Newell (for breaking Steam long enough to make me bored enough to write this monstrosity of a tutorial, and a bit longer to recover it from being lost)
and lastly, but undeniably most importantly Team Molecule, especially my boy YifanLu <3 you, you badass ***.
Advertising
Baragwin

Re: (Tutorial) Vita Game&Save Decryption (HENKaku 3.60)

Post by Baragwin »

I've been following the steps, but instead of opening the manual the Near app just gives me an error. Tried it several times.
What did I do wrong?
Advertising
gamer.zero

Post by gamer.zero »

What`s the use of this ??
fidosy

Post by fidosy »

I think with Henkaku, some demo psvita games can easily be made full by not much work like adding or removing strings of codes to the psvita demo game data embedded within the psvita directories uncovered by molecular shell
MEGALELZ

Post by MEGALELZ »

Followed this word for word, went through it twice, and it doesn't work? When I get to the part where I put

ux0:app/PCSB00213

in the browser, it opens NEAR then just shows "this file is corrupt."
lorak

Post by lorak »

MEGALELZ wrote:Followed this word for word, went through it twice, and it doesn't work? When I get to the part where I put

You are doing something wrong for sure.
Last edited by lorak on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deathhell

Post by deathhell »

MEGALELZ wrote:Followed this word for word, went through it twice, and it doesn't work? When I get to the part where I put

I use to get the same error but wat I did was rebooted my vita and closed out all the programs running on ur pc and redo the Mr gas old trick
caladbolgII

Post by caladbolgII »

I tried this on Dungeon Travelers 2 and it gave me a sce_Sys folder on savedata0:. It gives me a couple of files: 2 .dat which contain zeroes and a few 1 kb ones. Is this the right directory for the save? Where else could it possibly be stored?
chrisssj3

Post by chrisssj3 »

deathhell wrote:

I use to get the same error but wat I did was rebooted my vita and closed out all the programs running on ur pc and redo the Mr gas old trick
Hi friends, Im getting the exact same error, after rebooting the vita said: you cannot use the application that is on this PS vita card, an icon for the same application is already installed....
What is "mr gas old trick'???

Also:
Copy the contents of MLCL00001 you downloaded in step 1 to the folder on your vita.

This means in my case Patch/PCSH00250 (dead or alive xtreme 3) should be emptied and the contents of molecurlar (MLCL00001) should be in this folder now right?
Marien

Post by Marien »

With all due respect: TLDR

Someone mentioned Near so I just need to know, can this be done with a Vita TV, which doesn't have the Near app? And by in large can you edit a Persona 4 save if you only have a Vita TV (with HENKaku).

Return to “Tutorials”