Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Tutorial: Playing Digimon World 3/2003 without Pops.

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
AleKH

Tutorial: Playing Digimon World 3/2003 without Pops.

Post by AleKH »

After several attempts to change the ID and much research I could fix the freezing problem,
black screen and other problems that occur with Digimon Word 3 and Digimon Word 2003*.

* Note: In Digimon Word 2003 there is only a small detail if you are starting a new game:
You must use the original ID(SLES03936) of the game until you reach the first save will: Asuka Inn(Asuka City),
because if you use the id SLES00972 or SLES10972 early in the game it crashes on selection of digimon group
(Choose a Starter Pack) at the beginning of the story in Online Center.

Step by Step;

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

If you are using a PSP system will choise the compression level 1 to 9(descompressed don't work)
If you are using a PsVita system with PS1 Emulator( Sports Superbike 2/XS Moto or Tekken 2)
you can choice compression level 0 to 9.

For the game to work in USA (Digimon Word 3) version, change the ID to SLES00972 or SLES10972

For the game to work on PAL (Digimon Word 2003) version,change the ID to SLES00972 or
SLES10972 after the firts save in Asuka Inn(Asuka City)*

* Note: In Pal version only if you start a new game use the original id (SLES03936) until
you reach Asuka Inn(Asuka City) and save, then change the id of the game for SLES00972(or
SLES10972) and will be able to usually proceed the game flawlessly.

I recorded a video of the game (on my chanel Alexandre KH) running on my consoles: PSP and
PS VITA to prove they do not freeze in the Asuka Inn and Pops do not need (I choose original
from flash in PSP which is the same as without Pops).:
This is my gift to all fans of Digimon, hope you enjoy. :D
Sorry my english..
I'm from Brazil.
Advertising
Last edited by AleKH on Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Tutorial: Playing Digimon World 3/2003 without Pops.

Post by fate6 »

So your gift is something that everyone and their dog figured out years ago? Nothing wrong with it but just saiyan since it seems you are trying to take credit for something you more then likely just found on google :3
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
RandQalan

Post by RandQalan »

fate6 wrote:So your gift is something that everyone and their dog figured out years ago? Nothing wrong with it but just saiyan since it seems you are trying to take credit for something you more then likely just found on google :3
I hate to point this out but from most of your post recent is rant and anyone can get that any place :lol:
Sorry could not help myself :twisted:
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

But am I wrong? Well whatevz, I guess the influx of nubs and just the scene in general has broken me down.
I should take a break :/

But we are getting off topic :3
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
AleKH

Post by AleKH »

fate6 wrote:So your gift is something that everyone and their dog figured out years ago? Nothing wrong with it but just saiyan since it seems you are trying to take credit for something you more then likely just found on google :3
So show me who figured out how to work the digimon world 3/2003 without the pops on PSP and PSVITA years ago.
If you google and youtube will find the following answer:

Use GameID SLPS01724 and 3.71 pops or use SLPS01222 and 3.52 pops.

looks at the compatibility of PSX games with the PSP and see if they teach the digimon world 3 without pops:

[Removed by mod]

It may seem simple I have tried to use these two id that belongs to resindent evil 2 PAL Disc 1 and Disc 2, but then because no one ever tried to use them and posted on youtube and anywhere?

I'm just trying to help and nothing else, as the community has helped me a lot.

:P
Last edited by fate6 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Are you kidding me with that link?
RandQalan

Post by RandQalan »

Not to rain on your parade but the US version still freezes if you go out of town and go zone to left bottom of town just got done trying it and at least with official boot # was the same for me :?

Test on PSP 2001 CFW ME 2.2
AleKH

Post by AleKH »

RandQalan wrote:Not to rain on your parade but the US version still freezes if you go out of town and go zone to left bottom of town just got done trying it and at least with official boot # was the same for me :?

What is the name of the area that happened the freeze?

my PSP is in this the same firmware as yours and no crashes(or freeze) after modified the ID.

use the PSX2PSP v.1.4.2 in classic mode for made you eboot with the modded id SLES-00972 or SLES-10972 for Game ID and main Game ID

do not use the normal mode because it has a bug that even if you change the ID of the game, at the time of converter it does not change the id you put.

here the link for the PSX2PSP v.1.4.2:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3c8cr ... v1.4.2.zip

Note: I've played a long time and so I had a crash(freeze) that appeared the error code in the application and closed XS Moto alone.
I back in place that had the error appears and it does not happen again(no freeze or crash).

I think the fault must be the own PS1 loader hack that this early stage in the vita or a very rare bug.
RandQalan

Post by RandQalan »

AleKH wrote:
RandQalan wrote:Not to rain on your parade but the US version still freezes if you go out of town and go zone to left bottom of town just got done trying it and at least with official boot # was the same for me :?

my PSP is in this the same firmware as yours and no crashes(or freeze) after modified the ID.

use the PSX2PSP v.1.4.2 in classic mode for made you eboot with the modded id SLES-00972 or SLES-10972 for Game ID and main Game ID

do not use the normal mode because it has a bug that even if you change the ID of the game, at the time of converter it does not change the id you put.

Note: I've played a long time and so I had a crash(freeze) that appeared the error code in the application and closed XS Moto alone.
I back in place that had the error appears and it does not happen again(no freeze or crash).

I think the fault must be the own PS1 loader hack that this early stage in the vita or a very rare bug.
Thanks that worked and notice this game had problems on PS2 with speed up on and noticed before I changed boot # that is loads faster wonder if maybe in popcorn their is a slow down for that # and is why it works

Just test a thought and I think I am right used POPS 6.20 and speed up last one were speed up works correctly BTW and guess what locked up even with that boot #

Edit Just test multiple pops only one that is working correctly is 6.60 Failed 6.20 6.35 6.39 reason for stating these CFW anyone on PRO or ME must use pops 6.60 for this to work
Last edited by RandQalan on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AleKH

Post by AleKH »

RandQalan wrote:
AleKH wrote:

Thanks that worked and notice this game had problems on PS2 with speed up on and noticed before I changed boot # that is loads faster wonder if maybe in popcorn their is a slow down for that # and is why it works

Just test a thought and I think I am right used POPS 6.20 and speed up last one were speed up works correctly BTW and guess what locked up even with that boot #
You no nedd select pops in 6.20 or any pops, you can use the original flom flash if you want.

but I'm glad I could help you make the best PS1 RPG's in my opinion function properly
RandQalan

Post by RandQalan »

Why I stated this for those on ME or PRO lower CFW the internal POPS is lower and will not work so POPS 6.60 is needed for this to work :)

FYI check flash0 you will notice even OFW uses pops just from flash :D

Return to “Tutorials”