Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

9.00 Jailbreak does not work

Everything that is PS4-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Silverbeard

9.00 Jailbreak does not work

Post by Silverbeard »

Hey guys,

I have a problem with the new jailbreak. Yesterday I've installed the jailbreak and it worked really fine without any problems, but the PS4 got a hickup and restartet itself so I got to reinstall the jailbreak, but this time nothing works..

When I am about to put in the USB Drive with the exFAT exploit the PS4 crashes after 30 - 60 seconds after the Stick is in. I used the same exploit tools and programmes as yesterday and tried to redownload everything. But the result stays the same. I am still on 9.00 not 9.03.

Has anybody same issues or any idea what else I could try?
Advertising
Sauceferatu

Re: 9.00 Jailbreak does not work

Post by Sauceferatu »

My ps4 Pro bricked after the jailbreak, although I have not determined if it was related or just oddly timed bad luck. Everything was fine, the Jailbreak was smooth and I was able to get Goldhen going without issue. After I had installed the Homebrew store via payload and attempted to open the app my ps4 suddenly re-booted and went to blue light of death unable to access system storage. I had removed the USB stick for the exploit as I have read that having it inserted during a re-boot can corrupt the kernel. I am about to test a new hard drive, but I can't say for sure if the failure was caused by the jailbreak or just bad luck.
Advertising
Silverbeard

Post by Silverbeard »

Found the error in the chain. It was the USB Stick. Although the Stick works fine for everything (PKG Install, Formating etc), when I try to jailbreak with it the PS4 just crashes. Tried another stick and reinstalled the FW, works like butter again.
Silverbeard

Post by Silverbeard »

Sauceferatu wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:47 pm My ps4 Pro bricked after the jailbreak, although I have not determined if it was related or just oddly timed bad luck. Everything was fine, the Jailbreak was smooth and I was able to get Goldhen going without issue. After I had installed the Homebrew store via payload and attempted to open the app my ps4 suddenly re-booted and went to blue light of death unable to access system storage. I had removed the USB stick for the exploit as I have read that having it inserted during a re-boot can corrupt the kernel. I am about to test a new hard drive, but I can't say for sure if the failure was caused by the jailbreak or just bad luck.
Can you get into save mode? If yes try to reinstall the FW
supergordon

Post by supergordon »

Silverbeard wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:08 pm Found the error in the chain. It was the USB Stick. Although the Stick works fine for everything (PKG Install, Formating etc), when I try to jailbreak with it the PS4 just crashes. Tried another stick and reinstalled the FW, works like butter again.
Same here. A cheap-*** $5 usb stick didn't work jailbreaking the device, instead giving an reboot after 30-60 seconds.
Now I used a microsd card with usb reader and that works very well..

i was on 5.05 and I already regret upgrading to 9.0.
That dang annoying usb stick you have to plug in & out everytime the device reboots!

Now I can start coding with the updated ps4 orbis sdk & toolchain
ezameen

Post by ezameen »

Silverbeard wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:09 pm
Sauceferatu wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:47 pm My ps4 Pro bricked after the jailbreak, although I have not determined if it was related or just oddly timed bad luck. Everything was fine, the Jailbreak was smooth and I was able to get Goldhen going without issue. After I had installed the Homebrew store via payload and attempted to open theezameen ezameen.pk/rudn-enclave app my ps4 suddenly re-booted and went to blue light of death unable to access system storage. I had removed the USB stick for the exploit as I have read that having it inserted during a re-boot can corrupt the kernel. I am about to test a new hard drive, but I can't say for sure if the failure was caused by the jailbreak or just bad luck.
Can you get into save mode? If yes try to reinstall the FW
do you not thing reinstalling can ruin the system core application.

Return to “General”