Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

TN-V11 on 3.52 custom bubble help?

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
ShrineFox

TN-V11 on 3.52 custom bubble help?

Post by ShrineFox »

Hey guys, I followed the tutorial here on how to install the TN-V custom bubble:
http://wololo.net/2015/10/01/tutorial-p ... ares-3-5x/

I'm using Gladiator Begins as a base game. I did the EML trick (twice just to make sure) and sent myself the PBP.
I copied the TN-V savedata and the game twice just like the guide said.
However, the bubble is still just a regular old Gladiator Begins bubble and runs the game normally.

I have no clue what I could have done wrong. The only things I can think of are...
Maybe the subject line of the email was wrong? This is what I had:
"ux0:pspemu/PSP/GAME/ULUS10528/PBOOT.BPB"

And was I supposed to remove or alter anything in the TN-V folder in any way? I assumed I shouldn't, although the tutorial said to "extract" the PBP from the folder. And the readme in there seems unnecessary as well but I don't know.

Any ideas?
Advertising
sickness01

Re: TN-V11 on 3.52 custom bubble help?

Post by sickness01 »

"ux0:pspemu/PSP/GAME/ULUS10528/PBOOT.BPB"
you said is what you put,

"ux0:pspemu/PSP/GAME/ULUS10528/PBOOT.PBP"
is what it should be

notice the .PBP where you had .BPB

resend the email with proper subject and attached file, open attachment on psvita, when it says cannot view image, home button and close app, then restart vita
then backup to your computer and overwrite the one on pc, then refresh cma db and copy back to psvita twice, should work then

and then also make sure you have the 660.PBP file in the TNV_0000 savedata folder, and you will have to enter recovery menu by pressing and holding R when starting game, and then install the 6.60 files, and then restart game, or i believe selecting restart vsh will load into it
Advertising
ShrineFox

Post by ShrineFox »

Lol what a ridiculous mistake, thanks so much. I wouldn't have noticed on my own.
Glad I asked now!
ShrineFox

Post by ShrineFox »

Hate to double post, but now that I've got TN-V working there's another issue.
I'm trying to install gPSP (it's in the PSP/GAME directory of an un-compressed zip with less than 8 letters, in caps etc.)
Yet, as long as the zip is present in the TN-V savedata folder on the Vita, it hangs/bluescreens when selecting the memory card.

Is there some special way I'm supposed to install homebrew for this version?
I tried putting the zip in the base game's save data but without being able to run PSPfiler (and yeah I tried to make the eboot into recovery.pbp but it just says it can't run the "game") I can't really move it to the correct directory to install it or anything

EDIT: oh and yes I did install the 6.60 files, and idk if it matters but I used to have an older version of TN-V before this
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

ShrineFox wrote:Hate to double post, but now that I've got TN-V working there's another issue.
I'm trying to install gPSP (it's in the PSP/GAME directory of an un-compressed zip with less than 8 letters, in caps etc.)
Yet, as long as the zip is present in the TN-V savedata folder on the Vita, it hangs/bluescreens when selecting the memory card.

Is there some special way I'm supposed to install homebrew for this version?
I tried putting the zip in the base game's save data but without being able to run PSPfiler (and yeah I tried to make the eboot into recovery.pbp but it just says it can't run the "game") I can't really move it to the correct directory to install it or anything

EDIT: oh and yes I did install the 6.60 files, and idk if it matters but I used to have an older version of TN-V before this
Have you tried Filer from here for RECOVERY.PBP?
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=44562
try making a new folder inside the game save, then place the zips in that folder, hopefully TN-V won't scan for them in there.
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
ShrineFox

Post by ShrineFox »

Ah, that Filer worked in recovery. Thank you!
It won't let me copy anything to the PSP/GAME folder though. At least the TN-V menu doesn't bluescreen anymore with the homebrew in its own folder, but it does show up as corrupted data.
Is there no way to install it then?
That tutorial says to put it in a VHBL folder but since this is TN-V I'm assuming the step is different here.
szczuru

Post by szczuru »

On 3.52 you can't copy anything to PSP/GAME directory. You can convert homebrew to ISO and run them as iso.
ShrineFox

Post by ShrineFox »

Oh okay, is that as simple as just dragging the root of the homebrew into something like ultraISO and saving it?
Following the 8.3 rule of course. I'm trying it.

EDIT: Nvm I guess I have to literally convert the eboot into an iso, huh? Emulators and such usually have subfolders though, how does that work? Sorry that I'm so new to this, I'll look for some guides. I just don't know how outdated they are at this point. i trust you guys more than my research skills
GothicIII

Post by GothicIII »

No you got it right. Homebrews inside ISOs is not a good solution.
Homebrews on TN-V are a bit difficult to use. TN-V is dependent on the GAME-Directory so anything else besides ISOs won't work that easily at the moment.
Maybe someone will write a vsh-prx plugin which redirects the game-directory.
You "could" install your homebrew with the Mail-writer trick. But I don't recommend it. It takes to much time and you are limited to the number of PSP-Games you bought (You can't create/rename directories inside /PSP/GAME, so you need to install a legit one first)

I would suggest you to setup an ARK-Bubble additional to your TNV. With it you can create a VHBL directory and install/ homebrews into /PSP/VHBL and run them from ARK.
ShrineFox

Post by ShrineFox »

Dang. Thanks for explaining the situation, I had no idea TN-V had these limitations on this firmware before making this thread. Wish someone would have explained that in the first place
New question though: If I DID do it the ISO way, can gpsp for instance still write save files and stuff, even though it's an ISO? I'm pretty sure the program was designed to dump those files to a subfolder, but I thought ISOs are read-only...

EDIT: Just read the good news on the homepage. Big thanks to Qwikrazor for the plugin!

Return to “TN CEF”