Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Best FTP or file hosting website to access using TN-V10?

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
zippycorners

Best FTP or file hosting website to access using TN-V10?

Post by zippycorners »

Right now I'm running TN-V10 using FW 2.12 and the Numblast exploit.

I'm trying to avoid using open CMA as much as possible, because it's just a hassle. I'd like to be able to just download the homebrews straight to my vita using the PSP browser, but I'm running into some problems.

First, this link right here:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=17071
has everything hidden in spoiler tags, and for some reason I can't open them up in the PSP browser.

Secondly, I tried downloading the files themselves and hosting them on Google Drive and Dropbox, but both of those caused the PSP browser to crash due to too much memory use.

Thirdly, I tried several free file hosting websites, but a ton of them use the HTTPS protocol, which can no longer make the SSL handshake, so it's hard to find one that will work. I used 2shared.com for a bit, and it seemed like it would continue to work great, but several of my games are larger than the 200MB file size limit.

Can anyone tell me a good method of transferring files to my vita, hopefully something along the lines of a small-memory-footprint file hosting website that doesn't have a 200MB file size limit?
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Best FTP or file hosting website to access using TN-V10?

Post by fate6 »

Why not just FTP them directly to the Vita?
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
zippycorners

Post by zippycorners »

Oh wow, I didn't even know that existed. That sure looks easy! I watched a few youtube videos about it and it looks really simple to use once you have VitaFTP setup. However, I can't seem to get vitaFTP to work. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm doing wrong, but...

First I tried moving the entire VITAFTP.ZIP file I downloaded directly from wololo.net into the exploit folder using PSFiler. Well, that didn't work, because nothing showed up in the install list in TN-V.

The other thing I tried was unzipping the VITAFTP.ZIP file, which contained a folder called ULES01456DAT1, and putting that folder into my SAVEDATA folder, as shown in the picture below. That didn't work either.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

What's the simple thing I'm doing wrong?
jack52032

Post by jack52032 »

The eboot is in the install.zip
try http://www.mediafire.com/download/g82ze ... ITAFTP.ZIP
zippycorners

Post by zippycorners »

Perfect! That one worked easy as pie. Thanks for the help!

As an aside, do you know which folders I can edit and store things in under ms0:/PSP?
Like, I want to keep things well organized, but I don't know if I can randomly add a new folder like ms0:/PSP/ISOS/ or ...PSP/HOMEBREWS/ or whatever, and if the TN-V Game Memory stick will recognize that they're there. Is there any tutorial or guide on how to organize all your folders?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

You can mess with it all you want just don't move any PSN bought games from the "GAMES" folder or touch the licenses.

As for organization I would suggest this here ==> viewtopic.php?t=7371
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
zippycorners

Post by zippycorners »

Very cool.
I don't know if I should be replying to my own topic, or if I should be posting in the topic you linked, but I have a question about Categories_Lite.
I downloaded version 1.6, read the readme, read the topic about how to install it (P.S. Filezilla with VitaFTP works great!).
Using Filezilla, I created a new folder called ms0:/SEPLUGINS, and I copied category_lite.prx over to it.
Then using Filezilla, I created a new document called vsh.txt, opened it and entered: ms0:/SEPLUGINS/categories_lite.prx 1
and copied that .txt file over to the SEPLUGINS folder.
Then I exited TN_V, powered off my Vita, and rebooted.
Now when I go in the PSP XMB over to Game, I only see Saved Data Utility and no longer see my Memory Stick, so I can't even open up PSFiler or VitaFTP to figure out what went wrong.

What DID go wrong, and do I need to restore my exploit game?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Uh wha? first why did you power off your Vita? there is no point in that and second go check the system settings in the eCFW, You will have some new options ;)
(one of which is to show none categorized homebrew which BTW anything just in the games folder counts soooo)
zippycorners

Post by zippycorners »

Haha, whoops. Thanks!

Return to “TN CEF”