Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Transfer an old exploit to a new Vita using the same account

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
BahumatLord

Transfer an old exploit to a new Vita using the same account

Post by BahumatLord »

OK, this might sound like a dumb question, but I was thinking about buying a second Vita for TN-V so I can keep my regular Vita on OFW. I have the Gamocracy exploit backed up to my PC via Open CMA. I have a couple others, but I was wanting to use this one after updating to 2.12 firmware on the new Vita because this version has the increased memory support. I was looking at the web store and they never made this game available to download again so the only option looks to be transferring my backup back to the new Vita.

So basically, my question is this - Can I use 2 separate Vitas and transfer any/all backups made off the first one to both consoles since they'd both be using the same PSN account, or are the backups tied to a specific console on top of a specific account?

Any help would be appreciated so I know if I need to cancel this ebay snipe before the timer runs out ;)

Edit: I think I may have answered my own question. I think that if I use the backup/restore function of Content Manager it should work. I have a spare 8 gig card that I don't really use, so let's say I delete anything on it and then transfer over Gamocracy, then do a full mem card backup I should be able to restore it to the new vita......or maybe I can just swap the card to the new vita and have it work that way.......maybe? IDK
Advertising
BahumatLord

Re: Transfer an old exploit to a new Vita using the same acc

Post by BahumatLord »

I got it sorted out. Bought a new Vita today, updated it to 2.12, used my PS3 to link the account, then transferred my Gamocracy game + exploit over. Working great. This thread can probably be deleted since I got no responses and sorted it out myself
Advertising

Return to “TN CEF”