Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Having trouble with TN? Read these tutorials

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
pspfanMOHH

Having trouble with TN? Read these tutorials

Post by pspfanMOHH »

Hello, welcome to the TN tutorials. First thing is first, read "Read Me" to avoid future extension renaming issues.
Read Me
Requirements:
Ok so here follow these steps to unhide the extension of files from the names
this is needed to help you/and make your life easier to rename extensions

1st. Go to control panel in your PC/Computer
2nd. Go to "Appearance and Personalization" -> "Folder Options" -> "View"
3rd. Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
How to install TN-V?
Having trouble installing TN-V? Follow these steps

1st. Download the savedata for your exploited game, you can find the savedatas in downloads or Hackinformer
2nd. Download the 6.60 firmware for the PSP, it will be named EBOOT.PBP, rename it to 660.PBP
3rd. Place the 660.PBP in your savedata folder(exploited game's)
4th. Copy the savedata to your vita, then trigger the exploit holding "R" just incase
5th. DON'T Exit the recovery it can break your game. Now go to Advance/Advance Settings
6th. "Install 6.60 Files" Install 6.60 if you haven't used TN-V before
7th. Exit recovery and enjoy!
Can't see my homebrews/ISOs?/QSP Bug
Note*- Use TN-V7.1 or later to access the recovery menu's advances, there you can just restore QSP folder to fix

First of all make sure your homebrews are stored like this

Code: Select all

INSTALL.ZIP/PSP/GAME/Yourhomebrews
for ISOs make sure you renamed everything in capitalized letters including the extensions.

MYISO.ISO
If you followed these steps and none of your homebrews nor games show in the XMB follow these steps

1st. Get PSPFiler 6.6 from SMOKE's TN Homebrew thread
2nd. Place the PSPFiler EBOOT.PBP in your game savedata
3rd. Rename EBOOT.PBP to RECOVERY.PBP
4th. Copy and override the savedata to your Vita using OpenCMA
5th. Run your exploit holding "R" to open recovery menu, or open the recovery menu by pressing "Select" in XMB
6th. Press "Run program at /SaveGame/RECOVERY.PBP
7th. It should open PSPFiler, check if there is a QSP folder in the directories
8th. If there is a QSP folder, delete temp folder
9th. Rename PSP to temp
10th. Rename QSP to PSP
11th. Check the XMB, your homebrews/ISOs should show up
How to get to the quit screen?
Ok so you start a homebrew and can't quit back to the XMB or in Daedalus you can't bring the main menu/cheat menu screen. The only solution you find is to exit a homebrew/game is to quit the exploit and start it again.

To stimulate the PSP home button
1st. You press and hold the vita live area button, the one with the sony logo
2nd. Quit the menu and the quit screen should appear

Or you can apply your own buttons in the recovery menu-
1st. Go to Recovery Menu -> Advance -> Advance Settings
2nd. Assign any two buttons to stimulate the PSP home button via toggling using "X"
How to fix C1-2858-3 and C0-11136-2 errors? Also fix blackscreen
NOTE: Make sure your using the fix by TN, Here. Also beware there is no permanent fix for this, but you can do these to avoid few reasons of crashes

Definition of error:
pspfanMOHH wrote:...That error code specifically means the game crashed or an error occurred running that app for an unknown reason...
So there are multiple reason/ways to trigger this error, few are listed here along with their solutions.

Go to settings in the vita, make sure the system language is English

If it still shows this error follow these steps
1st. Connect to OpenCMA, backup everything in your computer
2nd. Format your memory card, then reinstall your backup to the vita.
3rd. Enjoy

(If it still doesn't work try rebuilding your database or your game might have broken)
Also to avoid this if its your first time using TN-V, make sure you install 6.60 files in the recovery menu and not just exit
^ So if this error is occurring while your triggering your exploit, then press and hold "R" while doing so and "Install 660.PBP" in Advance

If your getting Error C0-11136-2 then you most likely have the QSP Folder bug which causes you game to be unreadable and can be fixed by rebuilding the vita database. You might have broken your license or a file in the game somehow which the only solution is to restore a backup of the game, or redownload the exploit game.
How to install ISO/Homebrew to TN?
Make sure your exploit is running perfectly and you have winrar
Homebrews:

You can get homebrews for TN in Smoke's homebrew thread here

1st. Make a folder named PSP, inside that folder make another folder called GAME
2nd. Get the homebrew you want to install, copy the homebrew folders to GAME folder
3rd. Go to the root of the folders, in this case go where the PSP folder is located
4th. Right click PSP folder and press "Add to Archive" you need winrar for this
5th. Change the file name to INSTALL.ZIP(example), make sure the name and file extension is capitalized and the name is not to long
6th. Make sure the compression method is either stored or normal, in vHBL it is required to be stored not in CEF
7th. Compress and place the ZIP file in the exploit savedata
8th. Run the exploit, go to games, find the homebrew, press triangle and install it is recommend to delete the files after installation
9th. Go to savedatas then come back to games and the homebrew should be there
ISO:
1st. Have the ISO/CSO ready that you want to install(do not ask for download links, I do not support piracy)
2nd. Make sure you have disabled "Hide known file extensions" in your computer
3rd. Rename the ISO/CSO name to something similar to XXXX.ISO or XXXX.CSO(Make sure the name is not to long and everything is capitalized)
4th. Copy the ISO/CSO to your exploit savedata
5th. Override the savedata to you vita and trigger the exploit
6th. Go to games and search for the ISO or CSO, browser to it and press triangle and install, it is recommended to delete the files from savedata after you installed
7th. Go to savedatas on top of games then come back to games(For refreshing purposes) or press the live area home key and continue the exploit again and the ISO should be there
If you have a PSP you can use any Adhoc to transfer PSP homebrews/isos to the vita without going through the trouble to rename, zipping, and etc.
Adhoc if you have the PSP Adhoc File Transfer v0.7
Adhocing are simple to use, similar to bluetooth transfers
How to install plugins and custom themes?
Ok so you want to get back to action with CWcheat and other plugins, but can't get them to work? Simple follow these steps

1st. Get any one of your plugins from here
2nd. The remade plugins from SMOKE's thread are all set to be installed, however I recommend you unzip the .ZIP
3rd. Go to seplugins and copy the GAME.txt/VSH.txt/POPS.txt to another file
4th. Add all the lines in of the plugins your using in the right .txt (There should be an example from the remade)
5th. Repack the P_XXXX.ZIP the way it was with the new VSH.txt/GAME.txt/POPS.txt that you wrote with the plugins your have or will install
6th. Make sure the extension is also caps and copy the .ZIP to your savedata
7th. Copy and override the savedata to your vita
8th. Trigger your exploit holding "R" to get recovery menu and go to

Plugins>Plugin Installer
and install the .zip
9th. Enjoy the plugins

Want a custom CTF in the background of the XMB? Follow these steps

1st. Get the custom theme you want to install, here are some suggestions by SMOKE
2nd. Create these folders

PSP/THEME
3rd. Inside the THEME folder place the .ctf you want to install
4th. ZIP the PSP folder in an archive and make sure the NAME is in caps and so is the extension, in this case NAME.ZIP
5th. Make sure you have CXMB plugin installed, which should be auto feature in TN-V at a certain update so you might not need it
6th. Go to games in XMB and install the files
7th. Go to settings in XMB under there go to themes and install the new ctf themes you installed
8th. Enjoy the new themes
Credits
The Z for videos
Total Noob for the amazing CEF and contributions in the past
Wololo for his contributions
Staff for being the best staff ever :D
Will be added
Suggestions accepted.
Do not post here asking for ISOs, or posting a link to an illegal content
Advertising
Last edited by pspfanMOHH on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:51 am, edited 43 times in total.
fouadtjuhmaster

Re: [Tutorial]How to fix/use TN CEF

Post by fouadtjuhmaster »

Good work, great for those who keep creating new topics about asking the same question over and over again!
Advertising
pspfanMOHH

Re: Having trouble with TN? Read these tutorials

Post by pspfanMOHH »

Added videos and fixed everything, new suggestions are accepted.
Hutchy

Post by Hutchy »

Ive tried installing the homebrew and isos exactly as stated above yet they do not show up in the games folder.
Ive reset the vita
Formated reinstalled king of pool
Reinstalled tnv6
And copied a fresh savedata over

Still not showing up.

Im wondering if its a bug?

Im on fw 3.01

Should I make a new topic?
PSP-3000 lightspeed ME 1.8 && darkspeed pro-c2 6.60
PsVita 32gb 3.01 tn-v7.1
Toshiba satellite A10
One heck of a p4 desktop
If it aint broke, you're not trying.
pspfanMOHH

Post by pspfanMOHH »

Hutchy wrote:Ive tried installing the homebrew and isos exactly as stated above yet they do not show up in the games folder.
Ive reset the vita
Formated reinstalled king of pool
Reinstalled tnv6
And copied a fresh savedata over

Still not showing up.

Im wondering if its a bug?

Im on fw 3.01

Should I make a new topic?
Are you having trouble installing the exploit files or installing homebrews and isos?
If your having trouble installing KOP in 3.01 use the files provided here by Qwikrazor.
If your having trouble installing homebrews or ISO reread the tutorial and watch the video to make sure you didn't miss any steps.
JamppCobal

Post by JamppCobal »

pspfanMOHH wrote:new suggestions are accepted.
I have a suggestion. Maybe you could inform others that OpenCMA and FTP are not the only way to install homebrews.
If users have a PSP or another Vita they could use Adhoc File Transfer.
Its fast, no dropouts, send multiple files/folders at a time and you can name ISOs whatever you want.
You only need to do the 8.3 naming thing for transfer with CMA.
And no need to keep overwriting your savedata.

I realize that they still have to use OpenCMA to get this to their Vita, but it only has to be done once and the rest is a breeze.
Never have to use CMA again for ISOs, homebrew, etc.

For the PSP Adhoc File Transfer v0.7
For TN-V4/5/6 SMOKE's Awesome Official TN-V Homebrew thread

I read about a lot of users having trouble, with FTP in particular, and if they have a PSP, this may be of some use to them.
PS VITA 1.80 Urbanix TN-B something awesomer
I absolutely LOVE IT when pirates are too stupid to get their stolen games to work!
Makes me laugh, every time :lol: :lol:
Hutchy

Post by Hutchy »

Im having trouble installing isos and homebrew.

I watched the videos read the tuts and followed them exactly, when i transfer the save it says its like 880mbs very large like in the video because of the iso im putting on. When i go to load the exploit the save file says its 32mb which is wrong. The guys video showed his save file was almost 1200mb when he loaded it to run the exploit.

If i transfer the savedata file back onto my pc from my vita it again is 32mb and does not have the iso file in it anymore.

Not sure where the file is being lost. my memory card shows no signs of lost space neither.
PsVita 32gb 3.01 tn-v7.1
Toshiba satellite A10
One heck of a p4 desktop
dboyz

Post by dboyz »

Hutchy wrote:Im having trouble installing isos and homebrew.

I watched the videos read the tuts and followed them exactly, when i transfer the save it says its like 880mbs very large like in the video because of the iso im putting on. When i go to load the exploit the save file says its 32mb which is wrong. The guys video showed his save file was almost 1200mb when he loaded it to run the exploit.

If i transfer the savedata file back onto my pc from my vita it again is 32mb and does not have the iso file in it anymore.

Not sure where the file is being lost. my memory card shows no signs of lost space neither.
something is wrong with your ISO name, re-check its ending maybe its .iso /ISO.iso
we forgive but we never forget
pspfanMOHH

Post by pspfanMOHH »

@JamppCobal
Done, added

@Hutchy
Make sure everything is capitalized, so for example GAME.ISO
Hutchy

Post by Hutchy »

OK so i fixed my problem. I did everything right from the tut, but the tut did not say to make sure the file extension is capitalized.

Silly yet frustrating mistake on my part.

so my INSTALL.zip needed to be INSTALL.ZIP that goes for all the other ones too. GAME1.ISO, FILE.ZIP ect...
Last edited by Hutchy on Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsVita 32gb 3.01 tn-v7.1
Toshiba satellite A10
One heck of a p4 desktop

Return to “TN CEF”