Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[IMPORTANT] Not to lose the exploit game

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
tinostar91

Re: [IMPORTANT] Not to lose the exploit game

Post by tinostar91 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:56 pm

So, that game corruption happened to me and after restoring it through CMA I can't install anything, no problem getting to the XMB but nothing shows up, transfered PSP Filer data and it still acts as there is nothing (tried it on another fully formated card and found no problem).
Do you plan any recovery tool for that?
Advertising

Kankertje

Post by Kankertje » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:59 pm

tinostar91 wrote:So, that game corruption happened to me and after restoring it through CMA I can't install anything, no problem getting to the XMB but nothing shows up, transfered PSP Filer data and it still acts as there is nothing (tried it on another fully formated card and found no problem).
I think its because the ms0:/QSP folder is already there after corruption, and when you attempt to install anything, it first renames ms0:/PSP to ms0:/QSP which obviously fails because folder with such name is already there, then put the files in ms0:/QSP , then renames ms0:/QSP to ms0:/PSP which also fails. so it gets installed to ms0:/QSP which you cant access ;)
Advertising

tinostar91

Post by tinostar91 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Kankertje wrote:
tinostar91 wrote:So, that game corruption happened to me and after restoring it through CMA I can't install anything, no problem getting to the XMB but nothing shows up, transfered PSP Filer data and it still acts as there is nothing (tried it on another fully formated card and found no problem).
I think its because the ms0:/QSP folder is already there after corruption, and when you attempt to install anything, it first renames ms0:/PSP to ms0:/QSP which obviously fails because folder with such name is already there, then put the files in ms0:/QSP , then renames ms0:/QSP to ms0:/PSP which also fails. so it gets installed to ms0:/QSP which you cant access ;)
That's the reason why I'm asking if there will be any recovery tool

Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Kankertje wrote:

Good thinking! It is actually excatly this problem ;) I suggest you to use the recovery menu to rename this folder (In example use PSPFiler, rename its EBOOT.PBP to RECOVERY.PBP, put it in the savedata folder, then launch it). Good luck

TN

Clarens56

Post by Clarens56 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:04 pm

mlc wrote:
adamwalker13 wrote:
It will be returned to your download list when it's returned to the store, but of course that won't help you if you don't have a PS3 to transfer it, since the Vita won't be able to access your download list without upgrading and thereby patching TN's 3.01 and below kernel exploit.
Luckily I do have a PS3 :) So I can just download it on that (when it returns to the store) and transfer it over, and should be all good again?

Also, if somebody were to upload a backup of the game, couldn't I just transfer it back to my Vita via OpenCMA?

Apologies if there is a glaring fault with that last suggestion, have been away from this scene for a good while ;)
No, because the games backed up by CMA are encrypted, and we don't have the keys (otherwise we could already sign Vita ROMs to pirate them). And while we can snoop on download traffic, I believe the files are signed by Sony prior to transfer, so we never have an "unencrypted" version of a purchased Vita(or PSP-on-Vita) application.

Also wololo wouldn't want that kind of thing going on here even if it were possible, since Sony surely isn't fond of the scene as it is. They would use any chance they had to sue and shut this stuff down.

But so the solution to your problem is to make sure not to upgrade, and then transfer the exploit game from the PS3 once it is returned to the store. Or if you're anxious/willing to waste some money, you might be able to get the newly announced ninja release game first. (I have no idea if/when the ninja release will begin, though, and obviously you'd be throwing away 5 - 20 dollars since you already have an exploit - assuming that this previous exploit is returned to the store as all previous games have been)

So lets say w decide to wait for next game canf we just call sony and ask for a refund saying the game doesnt work and wants you to redownload but the game is no longe in the stow woukd they be able to refund the $10 back to your psn wallet that we might have enough money for the next exploit game

tinostar91

Post by tinostar91 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Total-Noob wrote:
Kankertje wrote:

Good thinking! It is actually excatly this problem ;) I suggest you to use the recovery menu to rename this folder (In example use PSPFiler, rename its EBOOT.PBP to RECOVERY.PBP, put it in the savedata folder, then launch it). Good luck

TN
Thanks, fixed it through that. Deleting the backup game so I wouldn't have 2 exploit games would be little bit tricky if not impossible (because it's *** EBOOT.PBP) but I may figure something out.

The Z
VIP

Post by The Z » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:31 pm

There used to be a way to get rid of unnecessary EBOOT.PBP files.

Still thinking how I did this.

It had something to do with the savedata folder ^^

Edit: I think this just worked with f#cked up /GAME/ folders...

Just let the remaining useless copy of the exploit game remain at your /XSP/GAME/.../ folder.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞

Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:35 pm

Anyways, I hope this problem won't appear anymore in the further update. If anybody wants to get a betaversion and play with the FTP to see whether this issue still happens, please PM me.

tinostar91

Post by tinostar91 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:48 pm

The Z wrote:There used to be a way to get rid of unnecessary EBOOT.PBP files.

Still thinking how I did this.

It had something to do with the savedata folder ^^

Edit: I think this just worked with f#cked up /GAME/ folders...

Just let the remaining useless copy of the exploit game remain at your /XSP/GAME/.../ folder.
I'm afraid that it may happen again and then I will have 3, 4, 5 games totally useless. What about the "temp" folder in root of PSP emu, when (or how) is that one cleaned up? Deleting it and renaming the XSP folder as temp worked, so probably that one may help. (crazy idea, i know)

//TN don't you plan function in recovery like "Disguise BSP folder as PSP"? Then nothing will get in contact with PSP folder anymore and no app should notice.

///I have no idea what's happening anymore so let's start:
///-Game got somehow corrupted even when I wasn't using FTP
///-After restoring the game everything worked OK, there WASN'T ANY QSP folder
///-2nd game which I have left at temp folder got deleted so now I have only 1 exploit game in my PSV
///
///Just 1 question, how is that even possible?

shanamaigo

Post by shanamaigo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:47 am

Do all crashes rendor the exploit useless because from what I can gather from the comments, it seems that this has something with homebrew installations. As far as a i know, homebrew installation and anything else is not what I`m interested in, Im only playing ISO and CSO games. How would I go about backing up the save data from my games if i were to install the new files anyways?
Good Morning

Return to “TN CEF”