Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

help Ps vita internal memory (slim model) internal memory

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
Chiisus

help Ps vita internal memory (slim model) internal memory

Post by Chiisus »

Do i need to download the ninja on a memory card. I heard unsure things like: the vita doesnt let you use both the internal,and the memory card at the same time.
Doesn't the internal memory make the exploit useless (for big psp games? i mean it has only 1 gig)
? Especially if sony removes the game before i buy myself a memory card?

And if so,can i copy the game that's on the internal memory of my ps vita on my memory card? (Im talking about the vita 2000)

Now that i'm here has any beta testing been made of TN-V4 on these new models?
Advertising
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Re: help Ps vita internal memory (slim model) internal memor

Post by Xian Nox »

Basically: you can't access the internal memory if you insert the memory card. The internal memory would be sufficient for the exploited game alone (I believe), but you'd ultimately run out of space really fast. So: buy game, back up to cma, get memory card later, copy game back to memory card.
Advertising
Chiisus

Post by Chiisus »

Thank you. When you mentioned "back up" to cma you meant a real backup? Like it is in the vita menu?

If this actually works when i get the memory card then how come i can't use another user's backup file to get one of the old exploits?

Im already very grateful for your help. I ask too many questions,I'm sorry considering how many new topics are on the forum.
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

Chiisus wrote:When you mentioned "back up" to cma you meant a real backup? Like it is in the vita menu?
I mean, copy it.
Chiisus wrote:If this actually works when i get the memory card then how come i can't use another user's backup file to get one of the old exploits?
Because they're account-bound.
Chiisus wrote:Im already very grateful for your help. I ask too many questions,I'm sorry considering how many new topics are on the forum.
That's what the forums are for. ^_^
Chiisus

Post by Chiisus »

Jesus! Account bound! That means.. if sony releases a new firmware to patch the ninja really soon,and i dont get myself a memory card the exploit is over for me? (well theoretically charles' proxy could save me")

im not sure if im asked to update firmware when i try to use the backup i made.

OH WAIT! OpenCMA could save me i think.
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

Chiisus wrote:Jesus! Account bound! That means.. if sony releases a new firmware to patch the ninja really soon,and i dont get myself a memory card the exploit is over for me? (well theoretically charles' proxy could save me")

im not sure if im asked to update firmware when i try to use the backup i made.

OH WAIT! OpenCMA could save me i think.
OpenCMA --> no updating --> ??? --> profit
Oh, and airplane mode is reported to help as well.
shanamaigo

Post by shanamaigo »

Personally, I would download the game into my Vita's internal memory and then copy the game directly into my external memory card. Reason being is so I can have a backup and if the copy on the external memory card is somehow "magically" removed I can always refer back to my internal copy and transfer it back onto the external memory card. Besides, CMA doesn't require internet connection anymore so you won't be bothered with updating the vita if the CMA doesn't know there's an update for the vita. Granted you block CMA from accessing the internet.
Good Morning
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

shanamaigo wrote:Personally, I would download the game into my Vita's internal memory and then copy the game directly into my external memory card.
You can't. The Internal is entirely inaccessible as long as an MS is inserted. You would need to copy to OpenCMA, or, insert the MS, then download again.
And this entirely assumes the Vita doesn't format the Internal when you insert the MS.
shanamaigo wrote:CMA doesn't require internet connection anymore so you won't be bothered with updating the vita if the CMA doesn't know there's an update for the vita.
The official CMA still denies connections if it hasn't been updated recently through. OpenCMA or QCMA would be a better option.
shanamaigo

Post by shanamaigo »

jc_gargma wrote:
shanamaigo wrote:Personally, I would download the game into my Vita's internal memory and then copy the game directly into my external memory card.
You can't. The Internal is entirely inaccessible as long as an MS is inserted. You would need to copy to OpenCMA, or, insert the MS, then download again.
And this entirely assumes the Vita doesn't format the Internal when you insert the MS.
shanamaigo wrote:CMA doesn't require internet connection anymore so you won't be bothered with updating the vita if the CMA doesn't know there's an update for the vita.
The official CMA still denies connections if it hasn't been updated recently through. OpenCMA or QCMA would be a better option.
Yeah, sorry for being vague in my post, and to follow up on whether or not the internal memory formats when you consider this process, the answer is no. I downloaded the ninja release onto my internal and as you stated, I transferred it onto my external memory card through CMA. I double checked my internal after this process and it is still there. I'll have to upgrade to a 32gb memory stick soon though, since I'd hate to have to go through the process of deleting games to install new ones.
Good Morning
algon3

Post by algon3 »

im still trying to figure out where you got a ps vita slim

Return to “TN CEF”