Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Project: 6.60 TN-V

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Re: Project: 6.60 TN-V

Post by hgoel0974 »

Minimur12 wrote:I wasnt in the psp scene, can someone explain to me the what a 1.5 kernal homebrew is ??
I believe that when the PSP was released, it ran 1.00 which had no security at all. When homebrew came up, Sony blocked it in 1.50. But homebrewers found a way around this and it was by splitting the homebrew into two eboots, for this, the homebrew would have to be recompiled. The 1.50 kernel was later removed (the ability to play homebrew by splitting) and was replaced with better security (which as we all know, we got around), but basically, the 1.50 kernel homebrew wasn't supported on the PSVita and no eCFW included the kernel.

So, in a nutshell, 1.50 kernel homebrew is just a different type of hbrew, an example: http://downloads.exophase.com/35/basilisk-ii-psp-v111/ (MAC emulator for PSP 1.50)
Advertising
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
eighthdayregret

Post by eighthdayregret »

Total-Noob wrote:I feel sorry for you, but as TN-V is a voluntary project, I am obliged to release it by user claims. It will be released very soon, but please don't stress me, I really cannot tolerate that.
Take as long as you need. TN-V already looks amazing, and the more time you have to able to work on it, the more amazing it will become.
Can't wait to see it, though.
Advertising
Vita WiFi/3G - 8GB - 32GB - OFW 3.36 - PS+
GoW PSP-2000 - 2GB - 8GB - 2x16GB - 2x16GB - 6.61 ME-2.3
Minimur12

Post by Minimur12 »

hgoel0974 wrote:
Minimur12 wrote:I wasnt in the psp scene, can someone explain to me the what a 1.5 kernal homebrew is ??
I believe that when the PSP was released, it ran 1.00 which had no security at all. When homebrew came up, Sony blocked it in 1.50. But homebrewers found a way around this and it was by splitting the homebrew into two eboots, for this, the homebrew would have to be recompiled. The 1.50 kernel was later removed (the ability to play homebrew by splitting) and was replaced with better security (which as we all know, we got around), but basically, the 1.50 kernel homebrew wasn't supported on the PSVita and no eCFW included the kernel.

So, in a nutshell, 1.50 kernel homebrew is just a different type of hbrew, an example: http://downloads.exophase.com/35/basilisk-ii-psp-v111/ (MAC emulator for PSP 1.50)

so we basically have more homebrew to choose from now ??

SMOKE time to update your homebrew threads !
I'm not on the forum much, if you want to let me know about something, shoot me a PM!
ImageImage
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

Yes, and I already recommend you one 1.50 game: qq manto, a line rider game.
varun
Banned

Post by varun »

Total Noob's theme song :D -
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

I am stalking you :twisted: :lol:
So, how is progress TN, I don't mean to rush you, just asking :)
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

I would say: It's time to write the readme file! Be prepared;)
hammer_420

Post by hammer_420 »

Total-Noob wrote:I would say: It's time to write the readme file! Be prepared;)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: good news indeed
PspJunkie

Post by PspJunkie »

Sweet! Bring it on TN!
Randysteele992

Post by Randysteele992 »

Hopefully this wont be too big in size. I only have two (which are way too small in memory and way too expensive) 8gb memory cards and I have those full of PSP csos, homebrew and a couple small Vita games. 8gb is practically nothing. I'll be needing all the space I can get. Also I'm really hoping we'll be able to copy games and homebrew through USB because I hate using Vita ftp to transfer games! It's really inconvenient some stuff won't work through ftp such as gba roms. I have to copy those through opencma which sucks. Does anyone know if usb transfer will be possible? I MUCH prefer draging and dropping files over ftp or opencma. Thanks :D
Last edited by Randysteele992 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

Return to “TN CEF”