Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSM Unity Installation By Major.Tom and Mr Gas Released!

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
cheeyee09

Re: PSM Unity Installation By Major.Tom and Mr Gas Released!

Post by cheeyee09 »

Finally got mine to work. Had to use Thunderbird.

The update can be for a retail game. I deleted my Borderlands 2 install data for my retail cartridge and did a check for update again in LiveArea to redownload the update pkg. Note: After I shutdown the PSTV, I removed the Borderlands 2 cartridge.
Advertising
Last edited by cheeyee09 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
d@rk51d3

Post by d@rk51d3 »

How long until $ony poisons the UNITY update, I wonder?
Advertising
Flux

Post by Flux »

cheeyee09 wrote:Finally got mine to work. Had to use Thunderbird.

The update can be for a retail game. I deleted my Borderlands 2 install data for my retail cartridge and did a check for update again in LiveArea to redownload the update pkg. Note: After I shutdown the PSTV, I removed the Borderlands 2 cartridge.
Mind if I ask what steps you took to get it installed? I have a PSTV and keep getting the C2-13275-8 error.

Here are the steps I've been taking.
Boot with the power button held in to rebuild the database.
Go into settings and connect to my wifi with the proxy server enabled to get the files copied over.
Go back into settings and turn the proxy server off, then head to a game demo to get it to find an update.
Start the update then pause it immediately.
Go into my e-mail and click the attachments, closing the app after each error message.
Reboot the PSTV. Upon reboot, it gives that error in the notifications.

I've tried copying the files, then rebuilding the database. Using a LAN cable and pulling it before rebooting after opening the e-mail, and using both a retail game and a demo to pause updates from. It gives the same result every time.
cheeyee09

Post by cheeyee09 »

That's fine. I got the error in the notification also. But if you hit "X" on the notification it will continue to install the pkg.
d@rk51d3

Post by d@rk51d3 »

Flux wrote:

Mind if I ask what steps you took to get it installed? I have a PSTV and keep getting the C2-13275-8 error.

Go into settings and connect to my wifi with the proxy server enabled to get the files copied over.
Go back into settings and turn the proxy server off, then head to a game demo to get it to find an update.
Go into my e-mail and click the attachments, closing the app after each error message. THEN TURN OFF WIFI
Reboot the PSTV. RESUME DOWNLOAD WITHOUT TURNING ON WIFI Upon reboot, it gives that error in the notifications.

I've tried copying the files, then rebuilding the database. Using a LAN cable and pulling it before rebooting after opening the e-mail, and using both a retail game and a demo to pause updates from. It gives the same result every time.
mahad

Post by mahad »

Hello everyone! Ive been trying to install the PSM for unity app on my vita FW 3.51 but I cant get the test2.eml file to show as 2 files on the vita. I used thunderbird, logged into my gmail acount with thunderbird, attached the file and sent it to myself. But when i go the email through my PS VIta it only shows up as 1 file and says "PSvita is not compatabile with this file" or something like that. It also doesnt have the little camera icon like it was in the video. Any ideas anyone? would be greatly appreciated. :D
d@rk51d3

Post by d@rk51d3 »

mahad wrote:Hello everyone! Ive been trying to install the PSM for unity app on my vita FW 3.51 but I cant get the test2.eml file to show as 2 files on the vita. I used thunderbird, logged into my gmail acount with thunderbird, attached the file and sent it to myself. But when i go the email through my PS VIta it only shows up as 1 file and says "PSvita is not compatabile with this file" or something like that. It also doesnt have the little camera icon like it was in the video. Any ideas anyone? would be greatly appreciated. :D
Sounds like you've sent the email AS an attachment, instead of forwarding it.

Open the .EML file with Thunderbird (double clicking it should do - if Thunderbird is your default program), then forward the email to your vitas email address.
mahad

Post by mahad »

d@rk51d3 wrote:
mahad wrote:Hello everyone! Ive been trying to install the PSM for unity app on my vita FW 3.51 but I cant get the test2.eml file to show as 2 files on the vita. I used thunderbird, logged into my gmail acount with thunderbird, attached the file and sent it to myself. But when i go the email through my PS VIta it only shows up as 1 file and says "PSvita is not compatabile with this file" or something like that. It also doesnt have the little camera icon like it was in the video. Any ideas anyone? would be greatly appreciated. :D
Sounds like you've sent the email AS an attachment, instead of forwarding it.

Open the .EML file with Thunderbird (double clicking it should do - if Thunderbird is your default program), then forward the email to your vitas email address.
OMG i love you so much (.)!!!! Ive been tearing my hair out over this. My last 50 emails was just me trying to send the thing properly ****! Thank you! :D
d@rk51d3

Post by d@rk51d3 »

Sweet!

Glad it worked out. 8-)
SuperSoup

Post by SuperSoup »

Flux wrote:

Go into my e-mail and click the attachments, closing the app after each error message.
Reboot the PSTV. Upon reboot, it gives that error in the notifications.

A few things I can suggest. When I began the update, I waited just a little bit before pausing it. Don't know if that made a difference, but that worked for me. Also, as I said, make sure the error message the attachments give you says something like "the Vita could not open the image," and not something like "The system cannot open this file." Make sure to use Thunderbird, and forward the .eml to your address.

Actually, the steps I used involved using USB connection for a Vita. Since the PSTV can't do that, I'm not sure whether the files would work if sent wirelessly.
Last edited by SuperSoup on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Programming and Security”