Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Questions about Kernal exploits and gamesave exploits

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
wartaf

Re: Questions about Kernal exploits and gamesave exploits

Post by wartaf »

^
^
i almost sing on that post!! LOL :D
Advertising
PS Vita white 1.81 FW + eCFW (Gravity Crash Portable)

ako'y isang Pinoy ONE PIECE fan
varun
Banned

Post by varun »

Pokemon xD :lol:
Replacing word pokemon with wololo made me burst :lol:

Go for it CerasLord :)
Catch them all ! :D
Advertising
GodofDark

Post by GodofDark »

Gamesaves are kind if confusing to new people though, like where exactly should you put the overflow and how would you find the place to put it? (two things I don't really know) :oops:
[spoiler]Support Operation Decode!

My Devices

PSVITA - OFW - 3.36
PS3 - OFW - 4.66[/spoiler]
Kur0i

Post by Kur0i »

wololo wrote:
CerasLord wrote:We ill be sure to become a good hacker and realese all my exploits for this community!
Sony bakas will not stop my exploits!
Most people say that initially. Then they find one exploit, release it, and realize 95% of the scene is made of self entitled kids who show no respect for the hundreds of hours they put in their work.
Then they are more reluctant to release the second one.

But by all means, go for it. We fight for the remaining 5% :)
That's relative. It's true there are a lot of "kids" and people who doesn't care about the work that the hackers do BUT (and I don't have programming knowledge, sadly :() there are also people who cares, I, as other bunch of people, appreciate the work that you're doing and I think you should care about us other than the kids, they're collateral damages. xD

Rly, if I weren't studying biology I would go for programming so I admire you in several ways so please, keep going for us. D:
CerasLord

Post by CerasLord »

GodofDark wrote:Gamesaves are kind if confusing to new people though, like where exactly should you put the overflow and how would you find the place to put it? (two things I don't really know) :oops:

I think you would put the overflow in a random string of char, as their easy to spot
DS_Marine
Developer

Post by DS_Marine »

Most people doesn't realize the amount of time required for the task. In my case, working in 1-hour chunks is not productive at all, and with work and a family of my own, sitting at it for 3-4 hours undisturbed, impossibiru.
Was there a tutorial for progressing an usermode exploit to kernel? Don't recall reading it.
Haven't got my first usermode exploit yet anyways...
ImagePSP-Controlled drone
"Hackers don't have superpowers. Just a hackable PSP and a brain (ships by default on most humans models)" -Wololo
CerasLord

Post by CerasLord »

How much Mips is recomended to learn?
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

yifanlu wrote:This is such a cute thread.
:lol:
DS_Marine wrote: Was there a tutorial for progressing an usermode exploit to kernel? Don't recall reading it.
Haven't got my first usermode exploit yet anyways...
Nope, no guide on that.
CerasLord wrote:How much Mips is recomended to learn?
You dont need to be an expert if youre doing usermode exploits but the more you learn the better. The tutorials here http://wololo.net/hacking-portal/ go over MIPS Assembly pretty good :)
Deathscreton

Post by Deathscreton »

I remember the days when modifying a PSP was as easy as cracking open a battery and splicing one if the copper leads. I wish Sony would make more mistakes. If they keep this up, I'm liable to bust open my Vita and start tracing signals. lol
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

DS_Marine wrote:Most people doesn't realize the amount of time required for the task. In my case, working in 1-hour chunks is not productive at all, and with work and a family of my own, sitting at it for 3-4 hours undisturbed, impossibiru.
This, 100 times this. Haven't been able to put more than 45 minutes in a row on my computer since I got a kid. It makes it impossible to focus on things like that or programming in general.
Deathscreton wrote:I remember the days when modifying a PSP was as easy as cracking open a battery and splicing one if the copper leads.
Don't be fooled though. It felt easy in hindsight, but that and the associated CFWs was the result of months of work from hardware and software hackers. The fact that Sony had chosen -1 as the signal to trigger the recovery mode was indeed a big mistake though, but it still took time and energy to figure that out.
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

Return to “Programming and Security”