Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Using the Fiddler Web Debugger to bypass 2.0 firmware check

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
redth

Re: Using the Fiddler Web Debugger to bypass 2.0 firmware ch

Post by redth »

S1NFUL wrote:
Yea, I'm on Windows, so...Could you tell me how I could do this on Windows? I'd greatly appreciate it.
Open cmd.exe within Windows then browse to adb path (should be within android sdk directory) by change directory command. Alternatively, you could browse with Explorer and do right click while holding shift to open command line there.

Once you are in the right path, execute adb application with "adb".

"./adb push" becomes "adb push".
Hope this helps.
Advertising
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

redth wrote:
S1NFUL wrote:
Yea, I'm on Windows, so...Could you tell me how I could do this on Windows? I'd greatly appreciate it.
Open cmd.exe within Windows then browse to adb path (should be within android sdk directory) by change directory command. Alternatively, you could browse with Explorer and do right click while holding shift to open command line there.

Hope this helps.
How am I supposed to browse to adb's path by change directory command? What is the command? And I don't recall installing the Android SDK...I only installed the emulator.
Advertising
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

redth wrote:
S1NFUL wrote:

Hope this helps.
When I click the "adb" exe file, it comes up for like half a second, and then disappears. Any help?
redth

Post by redth »

S1NFUL wrote:
redth wrote:
S1NFUL wrote:

Hope this helps.
When I click the "adb" exe file, it comes up for like half a second, and then disappears. Any help?
You don't directly execute adb from Explorer (by clicking) instead you run it through command line (cmd) since you cannot add any parameters that way.
Otherwise, you could create a shortcut for adb then adding parameters in the "Target" section but it would be time consuming as you would have to reapply new shortcut after each command.
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

redth wrote: You don't directly execute adb from Explorer (by clicking) instead you run it through command line (cmd) since you cannot add any parameters that way.
Otherwise, you could create a shortcut for adb then adding parameters in the "Target" section but it would be time consuming as you would have to reapply new shortcut after each command.
Ok, so I opened up CMD, and I dropped the adb.exe into it.

Now it shows all the information that's in the adb.exe, but when i type "adb" anything, it says "'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command..."

I tried it the other ways too, but they all result in this error.
redth

Post by redth »

S1NFUL wrote:
redth wrote: You don't directly execute adb from Explorer (by clicking) instead you run it through command line (cmd) since you cannot add any parameters that way.

Now it shows all the information that's in the adb.exe, but when i type "adb" anything, it says "'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command..."

Probably the command line is in the wrong path or in the path that does not contain adb.
See the ss below, where adb.exe is in Z:\ADB\;
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

redth wrote:
S1NFUL wrote:

Probably the command line is in the wrong path or in the path that does not contain adb.
See the ss below, where adb.exe is in Z:\ADB\;
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
IDK...I don't have a Z drive? And the directory of my ADB.exe is in the Android SDK's directory; it's not as if it's on the desktop.
redth

Post by redth »

S1NFUL wrote: IDK...I don't have a Z drive? And the directory of my ADB.exe is in the Android SDK's directory; it's not as if it's on the desktop.
Okay, this involves changing user path variable (not a system path so don't worry);

Open cmd.exe then type
setx path "full_address_to_your_ADB_folder"

For example;
setx path "C:\Users\Administrator\android-sdks\platform-tools"

It should returns the value was saved.
Close your current cmd and reopen it again.
You can now execute adb from any path.
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

redth wrote:
S1NFUL wrote: IDK...I don't have a Z drive? And the directory of my ADB.exe is in the Android SDK's directory; it's not as if it's on the desktop.
Okay, this involves changing user path variable (not a system path so don't worry);

Open cmd.exe then type

For example;

Ok, I did everything, but I'm stuck at a certain problem. When I try to point out the directory of the com.playstation.playstationcertified.jar, it gives me an error.
redth

Post by redth »

S1NFUL wrote:
redth wrote:

Open cmd.exe then type

For example;

Ok, I did everything, but I'm stuck at a certain problem. When I try to point out the directory of the com.playstation.playstationcertified.jar, it gives me an error.
... Right, let me guess what your error was.
You probably either execute chmod directly from command line and not in the shell or adding extra adb before chmod.

Return to “Programming and Security”