Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

VHBL emu Installing to /GAME/ instead of /VHBL/ (3.57 exploi

GameGeeza

VHBL emu Installing to /GAME/ instead of /VHBL/ (3.57 exploi

Post by GameGeeza » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:36 am

As some of you may know 173210 released and exploit for EU ver. Of metal gear solid portable ops +

I managed to get Vhbl running, but when I try to install homebrew it installs the files to /GAME instead of /VHBL

Any ideas of a way to get them Moved? Or has anyone else been successful running homebrew with this exploit?
Advertising

JJXB

Re: VHBL emu Installing to /GAME/ instead of /VHBL/ (3.57 ex

Post by JJXB » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:20 pm

138menu L3 (not L4, complains of missing resources) works as a replacement for wmenu that stores the homebrew to VHBL but almost nothing works anyway. Did try replacing with Onemenu and blackscreen on starting the exploit, vMenu opens but doesn't install anything, yMenu loads and does manage to install things but to /HOMEBREW/ instead of /VHBL/ and still didn't change what loaded and what didn't. pyMenu didn't load at all.

PSP Filer can't open zip and crashes on exit, PSplorer is so sensitive it's stupid, both of the previously mentioned file explorers don't allow for renaming either. oh and Vita FTP just flat out crashes.

a lot of emulators just crash and burn with a blackscreen with only PSP Hugo loading and being able to run a rom but even then it's slow as molasses. Masterboy did "load" but then gave an exception and crashed. TL;DR almost nothing is working and i'm *** because i wasted all of yesterday trying to see if i could get it working.
Advertising

C6ckneyGeezer

Post by C6ckneyGeezer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:34 pm

I have the same issue guys, nothing seems to work. Ive followed a few different guides etc.

I can get VHBL working with the Metal Gear Solid exploit on 3.57 but it won't install/run any homebrew properly.

If I figure it out I will post here. Will have another go tomorrow!

Any help or a noob up to date guide much appreciated! Thank you.

Edit: I installed the game, copied over the save game exploit and then run the exploit to enter VHBL. However do I need to add any firmware files to the exploit save game? I noticed on a few videos vhbl states it's loading firmware 6.60, but on mine it don't?
PS Vita 2000 EU FW3.57

C6ckneyGeezer

Post by C6ckneyGeezer » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Has anybody had any joy with this?

Strange there is an exploit released that don't work properly with no fix yet? :-(
PS Vita 2000 EU FW3.57

GameGeeza

Post by GameGeeza » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:04 pm

Got this running on 3.57 today (with help from T3CHCHI3F on Twitter). Not much works. No idea how to get vitaftp working. :cry:

C6ckneyGeezer

Post by C6ckneyGeezer » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:35 pm

Any info and help you can post much appreciate! :mrgreen:
PS Vita 2000 EU FW3.57

C6ckneyGeezer

Post by C6ckneyGeezer » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:39 pm

https://github.com/173210/valentine-hbl/releases

Just see there was a new release!

I have managed to get SNES emu working and playing games, also it seems PSPFiler works too!

Good times!

Edit: PSFiler workds great. SNES works ok just a bit slow.

I want to get GPSP up and running for GBA roms. It installs ok and I have changed the dir config to PSP/VHBL instead of GAME. However the emu is still looking for the GBA bios in PSP/GAME/gPSP/. How can IU change that dir config?

It seems alot of homebrew is setup for /PSP/GAME folder.
PS Vita 2000 EU FW3.57

cs2ney

Post by cs2ney » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:11 am

I have the same issue, not much seems to be working on VHBL installed on 3.57.

I can get the SNES emulator to work, slowly, but GPSP is looking at the wrong dir for the GBA Bios (and it doesn't seem possible to redirect it) whilst pspFiler for me doesn't work.

*sigh*

burgermeanie

Post by burgermeanie » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Has anybody found out how to get any of these working yet? And if so, please don't just say yes and post a picture. Share some wisdom please.

spzjulien

Post by spzjulien » Sat May 07, 2016 5:31 pm

i have a psvita 3.57, so ist useless to install VHBL on it now right ? nothing work ?
Vita 3g 32go.... Do i like sony ? No much .. Bring on Emu ... Lest rock and roll

Return to “Homebrews”