Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS Vita Help Desk

fate6
Big Beholder

Re: The PS Vita Help Desk

Post by fate6 »

No your fine
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
JMJorge

Post by JMJorge »

PrimusZa1 wrote:Been looking around on various sites but I can't seem to get this nailed down.

1. If I connect a OFW Vita to a CFW PS3 that has not been banned(PS3) or even on the internet for remote play, Will it leave traces on the OFW Vita that will get it or the account banned? I would still like to use the Vita on a PS4.

2. As a work around if it does , If I make another PSN account on another vita memory card and use that for the PS3 remote with CFW PS3 can I switch back to the other PSN account and it not effect the account associated with the PS4?

Thanks in advance!
As far as i know, you cannot get banned for not having the most updated firmware (updates are optional, you have to accept the "terms and agreements" and if you dont accept you arent required to install)
so they cant ban you for wanting to stay on a lower firmware, you just cant connect to PSN using the lower firmware (just a trade off of not updating)

you will be fine, i would say to connect via remote play all you want

(not sure if the PS4 checks the firmware and only lets the latest connect as i dont currently own a PS4)

hope i didnt garble that explanation, i tend to do that
Advertising
hmmm? signature......well ok then
*scribbles name in sharpie on screen*

there we go, perfect
PrimusZa1

Post by PrimusZa1 »

JMJorge wrote:As far as i know, you cannot get banned for not having the most updated firmware (updates are optional, you have to accept the "terms and agreements" and if you dont accept you arent required to install)
so they cant ban you for wanting to stay on a lower firmware, you just cant connect to PSN using the lower firmware (just a trade off of not updating)

(not sure if the PS4 checks the firmware and only lets the latest connect as i dont currently own a PS4)

The CFW PS3 is on 4.46 Rebug and the Vita is on OFW 3.00. So from what is known, if I remote play with the Vita on the CFW PS3 then later when not remote playing with the CFW PS3 I should able able to log into PSN with the Vita without repercussions?

Thanks again for your help
KiYoshi2

Post by KiYoshi2 »

JMJorge wrote:
PrimusZa1 wrote:Been looking around on various sites but I can't seem to get this nailed down.

1. If I connect a OFW Vita to a CFW PS3 that has not been banned(PS3) or even on the internet for remote play, Will it leave traces on the OFW Vita that will get it or the account banned? I would still like to use the Vita on a PS4.

2. As a work around if it does , If I make another PSN account on another vita memory card and use that for the PS3 remote with CFW PS3 can I switch back to the other PSN account and it not effect the account associated with the PS4?

Thanks in advance!
As far as i know, you cannot get banned for not having the most updated firmware (updates are optional, you have to accept the "terms and agreements" and if you dont accept you arent required to install)

I have a similar question I guess, say I got the exploited game and TNV4. What if I decided I didn't want to use it anymore (i.e updating to get a new game or for online play?). Would it ban my account if I updated or after installing this exploit I would have to wait for another update? Oh and I guess the last questionj would be if the internet browser/youtube app would still work after sony released a new update, I use those frequently outside.
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

PrimusZa1 wrote:if I remote play with the Vita on the CFW PS3 then later when not remote playing with the CFW PS3 I should able able to log into PSN with the Vita without repercussions?
As long as you have the latest firmware and have access to PSN, you will be fine. They won't ban you for using Remote Play on a CFW PS3 with your Vita.
KiYoshi2 wrote:say I got the exploited game and TNV4. What if I decided I didn't want to use it anymore (i.e updating to get a new game or for online play?). Would it ban my account if I updated or after installing this exploit I would have to wait for another update?
No. You will not be banned for using a exploit.
KiYoshi2 wrote:Oh and I guess the last questionj would be if the internet browser/youtube app would still work after sony released a new update, I use those frequently outside.
Yes, you can use Youtube and the browser without updating
salazin

Post by salazin »

I've had my PS Vita since launch, but I haven't really been into the homebrew scene since the psp. I'd like to now though, if I can catch the game before it gets taken down =) I was wondering though if the PSV can read cso's like the psp was able to, and if someone can give a quick general explanation on how you access the memory card of the vita through pc, since it's quite different than the psp.

DJ
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

salazin wrote:I was wondering though if the PSV can read cso's like the psp was able to
In the PSPEmu ONLY. All you can play is PSP ISO and CSO's
salazin wrote:and if someone can give a quick general explanation on how you access the memory card of the vita through pc, since it's quite different than the psp.
There is no way to access the memory card. You transfer games and saves using OpenCMA
deaos

Post by deaos »

why i can't see the ninja relese?
i dont have any warning. :(
dreamingpool

Post by dreamingpool »

deaos wrote:why i can't see the ninja relese?
i dont have any warning. :(
by helping people and continue to post you need to be a trusted member
m2m02

Post by m2m02 »

thank you

Return to “Homebrews”