Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS Vita Help Desk

SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: The PS Vita Help Desk

Post by SMOKE »

jonnypanic wrote:I am wondering if I stay on the current FW, will I be able to renew the PS+ subscription (and use it on the vita) later without updating the FW?
No, because you dont have access to PSN on 2.60
jonnypanic wrote:Is it necessary to sign into PSN on the vita in order to renew a subscription?
You can possibly buy it on your Pc, but as for getting new PS+ games, no.
Also, Ive never tried this but Im not sure you will have access to PS+ games you already have without signing into PSN.
I noticed on my Vita that the free PS+ games need internet access to run.
Advertising
Dutt
HBL Tester

Post by Dutt »

SMOKE wrote: I noticed on my Vita that the free PS+ games need internet access to run.
Thats pretty silly really.. Say you only have a WiFi Vita and go on holidays with it.. You cant play those games..
Advertising
1. PS Vita Wifi 2.01 fw - Pro-V/Ark
1. PS Vita Wifi 3.18 fw - ?
1. PS Vita 3G 3.60 fw - HENkaku
jonnypanic

Post by jonnypanic »

SMOKE wrote:
jonnypanic wrote:I am wondering if I stay on the current FW, will I be able to renew the PS+ subscription (and use it on the vita) later without updating the FW?
No, because you dont have access to PSN on 2.60
jonnypanic wrote:Is it necessary to sign into PSN on the vita in order to renew a subscription?
You can possibly buy it on your Pc, but as for getting new PS+ games, no.
Also, Ive never tried this but Im not sure you will have access to PS+ games you already have without signing into PSN.
I noticed on my Vita that the free PS+ games need internet access to run.
Thanks for your reply.
I think that is inaccurate though. I've been downloading games using the PS3 Open CMA trick and playing them without any problems. I believe the internet activation is a one time thing (it doesn't ask you to update), giving you access to the game until (I assume) your PS+ subscription runs out. I still happily play PS+ games on my 2.60, with the internet on or off. I was wondering what happens on the vita when the subscription runs out. Meaning is there an extra level of security beyond each game checking individually whether or not your ps+ is valid?
Bewiz

Post by Bewiz »

:( hi guys... help pls.. how do i install open cma on my pc? im running 2.02 uno exploited.... ny open cma before is on my laptop but now its gone because i sold it.. so how can i install new open cma on my pc?
grief3r

Post by grief3r »

extract cma then extract everything to
C:\Program Files\Sony\Content Manager Assistant
PSV1001 2.61 FieldRunners
PSP1001 6.60 Pro-C
PSP 3001 6.20 Pro-C2
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

grief3r wrote:extract cma then extract everything to
C:\Program Files\Sony\Content Manager Assistant
Then right click on the run.bat and run as Admin ;)
raulquirozz

Post by raulquirozz »

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I have a question.
If I got a PS+ suscription, and I get the 3.00 exploit when TN-V4 comes out, will I be able to connect to PSN as long as they don't update to 3.00? Can you get banned for having a eCFW?
Sorry, I'm new to the Vita scene because I just got one a few days ago, and I'm currently in 3.00 waiting for the new release, so I had those questions.
Thanks.
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

raulquirozz wrote:If I got a PS+ suscription, and I get the 3.00 exploit when TN-V4 comes out, will I be able to connect to PSN as long as they don't update to 3.00?
Yes, up until they make a forced update. After that, you can use Charles Proxy until they patch that.
raulquirozz wrote:Can you get banned for having a eCFW?
Nope. You will not get banned for buying an exploited game ;)
baallrog

Post by baallrog »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the ps vita possibility, so I need your help/advices.
I have a ps vita with 2.11 firmware on it. I have also the uno and urbanix game.
I have no ps3.

Can I do something to play my old psp game Iso I have ?

Thank you in advance.
PrimusZa1

Post by PrimusZa1 »

Been looking around on various sites but I can't seem to get this nailed down.

1. If I connect a OFW Vita to a CFW PS3 that has not been banned(PS3) or even on the internet for remote play, Will it leave traces on the OFW Vita that will get it or the account banned? I would still like to use the Vita on a PS4.

2. As a work around if it does , If I make another PSN account on another vita memory card and use that for the PS3 remote with CFW PS3 can I switch back to the other PSN account and it not effect the account associated with the PS4?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Homebrews”