Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Help getting cps2 roms to work

clicks

Help getting cps2 roms to work

Post by clicks »

Alright, I'm feeling full **** here and need to be held by the hand for this but...

How do I transfer roms properly? What about the cache ***, do I create them on the vita or my pc? I can get the emu installed fine, but I can only get a rom working from my uploaded save's folder and am SOL on the game's cache.

Basically, how do I get ANYTHING to work? Every vague instruction I've found leaves gigantic holes out of the process. Bonus points for gpsp!
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Help getting cps2 roms to work

Post by fate6 »

• 1. make cache

2. move cache to emulator

3. zip/rar the emulator

4. copy zip/rar to Vita

5. install

also remember that CMA will copy any file just not folders, so if you already have a "cache" folder in your Vita then just place the cache files in a save then transfer to Vita and finally move them to the cache folder
(same goes for roms)

BTW I use PSPlorer to move files around in my Vita

now what is it about gpSP that you are having trouble with ?

EDIT:
do I create them on the vita or my pc?
now how would you use a windows application on the Vita ? ;)
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
clicks

Post by clicks »

Hmm... Well I've been just adding the roms and caches to the pre-existing "install" zips, but I guess there's a difference...

I'll give that and the PSPlorer a shot, thanks!

My problem with gsps is that once it starts... actually it could be that "added to zip" thing again.

And as for the executable, I SWEAR I made caches with the cps2 emu on my psp and was mostly thinking frustratedly out loud there...
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

clicks wrote:Hmm... Well I've been just adding the roms and caches to the pre-existing "install" zips, but I guess there's a difference...

I'll give that and the PSPlorer a shot, thanks!

its very good ^__^

My problem with gsps is that once it starts... actually it could be that "added to zip" thing again.

yea when you add something to the zip you need to set it to "store" again

And as for the executable, I SWEAR I made caches with the cps2 emu on my psp and was mostly thinking frustratedly out loud there...

the heck ? now how did you do that :shock:
look in quote please ^__^

also I would recommend yMenu since it has full zip support and rar support up to normal compression
plus you don't have to rename things to "install" any more just put as many homebrew you want in one save and you'll be able to see what your installing

also it has a delete option built in to it ^__^
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
clicks

Post by clicks »

Cps2 works like a charm now, thank you so much!

Gpsp still won't show the rom, but I'll just *** around with it, it's likely something insanely simple again.

yMenu looks like a godsend, I'll be installing that right now!
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

not a problem ^__^

now as for gpSP have you tried the one posted here ?
thats the one I use and everything work fine
CrazyArms32

Post by CrazyArms32 »

Hello , well ive tried this method it seems to not have worked for me ,unless im doing something wrong. Would it be possible for someone to make a tutorial video ?

Return to “Homebrews”