Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

The Must-Own Vita Games (for newcomers)

Discuss official PS Vita games here
Khair

The Must-Own Vita Games (for newcomers)

Post by Khair »

I keep seeing recommended titles so I thought I'd make a post about the essential games every vita owner should play.

Persona 4 Golden- story, soundtrack, addictive gameplay, interesting and unique characters, plot twists and Pokemon like collecting except much darker.

Guacamelee- metroidvania like 2D game where the gameplay is focused on combat and combos. Great title for easy playing and beat em up gameplay. Super lighthearted and funny too.

Killzone Mercenary- the only true FPS game worth mentioning on vita that has PS3 graphics. Money system feels like you are constantly being rewarded and the missions are super fun, also still has online presence.

Danganronpa 1+2 / Virtues Last Reward- Combining these into two categories because they are both visual novel style games with different gameplay but both have awesome stories and fun little mini games. Danganaronpa has court room trials and other games, while VLR has "escape" games where you need to get out of unique rooms.

Blazblue Chronophantasma- anime 2D fighting game focusing on combos and over the top characters with unique fighting styles. Warning, game has a loyal fan base that will destroy you unless you practice, but it's worth it and super fun. Best fighting game on vita.

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth- rogue like Zelda like game focused on randomly generated rooms, enemies, items and buffs for your character. A do not miss title, and for only 14.99, it should be one of the first purchases for the vita.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss- speaks for itself, cool use of the vita functions. Great 3rd person adventure game with great shooting mechanics. Lovable main character.

Tearaway- possible best use of the vitas functions, lighthearted game from makers of Little Big Planet, a real easy platinum too.

Freedom Wars - great gameplay, sub par story but makes up for it with cool enviornment and best character customization on vita. Monster hunter like title focused on giant monster hunting and co op gameplay. Has a large fan base and a lot of people who play co op and PvP.

This is my personal list, if you feel something else is missing add in comments!
Advertising
andreeingle

Re: The Must-Own Vita Games (for newcomers)

Post by andreeingle »

I'll absolutely second Blazblue along with the obvious P4G recommendation. I've been playing Tales of Hearts R recently and it's a nice surprise after I got mildly burned by Conception 2.
Advertising

Return to “Games”