Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[PSPGo] DualShock3 R3 and L3 can be used

Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
reprep

Re: [PSPGo] DualShock3 R3 and L3 can be used

Post by reprep »

sorry for not being clear.

some games use Left analog stick for movement and L1 button + Left analog stick for camera control. i want to assign this L1 + Left analog stick camera movement to Right analog.

we can copy the value of Right analog stick to Left analog stick and OR it with the L1 but this time, the tiniest movement of right analog stick will make L1 button pressed, so we should include a deadzone (or sensitivity) value.

what we need is the remap right analog to left analog function with a condition. If x or y axis value of Right analog is smaller than 127 - Sensitivity or larger than 127 + Sensitivity remap it to left analog stick and OR it with L1 to make L1 button pressed. so we can control the camera with right analog stick.

btw a bit off topic but i just made a very small change to slide+ plugin i like to use, if it is useful for another psp go user, i would be grateful. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9715#p361069
Advertising
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

My patch might be awful, but keep in mind that I have written this plugin without testing it by myself :P
Advertising
reprep

Post by reprep »

i got a strange error.

after v0.2 which got trigger remaps done, i played some street fighter alpha 3 max. after a while i saw that some of my R2 button presses are registered as R1 and some of my L2 button presses are registered as L1. it is not systematic, but it is like that for example: R2, R2, R2, R2, R1, R2, R2, R1, R2, R2, R1, R1 etc. it is about once in a 3-4 button presses i might say.

funny thing is this behaviour doesn't happen in ds3 test eboot (values always seems like i press R2) and it also doesn't happen in capcom classics collection remixed. so i am suspecting all games read pad values differently.

also if i use the version TN posted and make the remaps there, this chaotic behaviour disappears and all R2 button presses are registered as R2 in street fighter alpha 3 max. so it has to do something with combining psp button values i guess.

not a big deal, just wanted to tell, as it might be the same or similar behaviour of the jap games.
suloku

Post by suloku »

@reprep: if you can test disable the line "pad.Buttons |= psppad.Buttons;", this should disable the psp controls. If the problem still happens I messed up, if not then I messed up but at a different place :lol:
Total-Noob wrote:My patch might be awful, but keep in mind that I have written this plugin without testing it by myself :P

I'm not complaining in any way, your plugin is awesome, I was just stating the fact that there might be things that still have to be patched for it to be perfect/work with everything and that I'm unable to do it.
reprep

Post by reprep »

suloku wrote:@reprep: if you can test disable the line "pad.Buttons |= psppad.Buttons;", this should disable the psp controls. If the problem still happens I messed up, if not then I messed up but at a different place :lol:

funny thing is even when i disable that line, psp controls are still not disabled (should i disable something else too?) and still the same chaotic button press behaviour continues. not much of a problem though and it is surely a game spesific one.
suloku

Post by suloku »

That's really strange, psp buttons should be disabled. I'll make some tests when I have time.By the way I've though a way to fullfill your analog + button request. I can't test till sunday afternoon though.

EDIT: OK,from now this kind of request will go on the plugin thread, I think it is better to let this programming discussion thread to things like the japanesse support problem if new information about the matter arises.
reprep

Post by reprep »

Code: Select all

if(pad[i].Rsrv[0] >= 128+g_conf.r_bsensitivity || pad[i].Rsrv[0] < 128-g_conf.r_bsensitivity || pad[i].Rsrv[1] >= 128+g_conf.r_bsensitivity || pad[i].Rsrv[1] < 128-g_conf.r_bsensitivity){
				pad[i].Lx = pad[i].Rsrv[0];
				pad[i].Ly = pad[i].Rsrv[1];
				pad[i].Buttons |= PSP_CTRL_L1;
			}
would this do fine?

Return to “Programming and Security”