Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Please read before posting your savedata crashes

Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
frostegater
Guru

Please read before posting your savedata crashes

Post by frostegater »

I have some experience in exploit hunting and I want tell you some tips.
  • Please use SED (Savedata Encrypter/Decrypter). It's prefer than SGDeemer. Maybe it's slowly, but reliable. SGDeemer not worked with some games and too slowly when load and save.
  • No needed post screenshot of your crash. Just copy text from CMD (copying text from cmd: http://unlockforus.blogspot.com/2009/06 ... md-or.html). Use BB-tag: CODE.
  • Make

Code: Select all

disasm $epc-150 150
    and post result using BB-tag: CODE
  • If you're so brave and want to make all by yourself. Just learn MIPS: http://chortle.ccsu.edu/assemblytutoria ... tents.html. It's not so hard and is not so easy. C knowledge is desirable.
P.S. Mod's, I think it should be with important status and closed to avoid many flood. All others will be discussed in different topics.
Advertising
Our hearts will beating on 333MHz 'till we die
noname120
Developer

Re: Please read before posting your savedata crashes

Post by noname120 »

I've a few rules to add:
  • ALWAYS hide the module id, the module name and the thread id: if you don't, someone can use your exploit, and sony can patch it before your exploit it !
  • Please also post the result of

Code: Select all

disasm $epc 150
  • If it's a VSH exploit, please tell us in your message (because it's not exploitable on the PsVita but on the psp, it's a way more useful)
  • Don't give your game's name to anybody: only to VIP, Guru, and HBL contributors if they ask for it !
Advertising
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

Also, before spamming the forum with lots of crashes, take your time to see if it's useless or not, this will only take you a minute and will save us the trouble of looking at a useless crash. You can use my guide here.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

Additionally to what has been mentioned above, a new rule is added:
- Post the string that is injected in the savedata to make it crash, it makes our life easier when determining if a crash is useful or not

Return to “Programming and Security”