Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Ubuntu internet problem.

Everything related to computers that doesn't go in other categories
waratte

Re: Ubuntu internet problem.

Post by waratte »

Askarik wrote:
ultimakillz wrote:like i said before, you may want to try the steps at the bottom of this post:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/208012

maybe that will help with your problem, which i now agree with m0skit0 that is a network config issue.
I tried to do that. But terminal have problems I think. After first sudo command, it says type your password. When I try to type, symbols doesn't appear at all !! :(
It shouldn't appear...
Advertising
ultimakillz
Retired Mod

Post by ultimakillz »

Askarik wrote:
ultimakillz wrote:like i said before, you may want to try the steps at the bottom of this post:

maybe that will help with your problem, which i now agree with m0skit0 that is a network config issue.
I tried to do that. But terminal have problems I think. After first sudo command, it says type your password. When I try to type, symbols doesn't appear at all !! :(
yes, thats how it works :roll: its working correctly ;)
Advertising
Askarik

Post by Askarik »

ultimakillz wrote:
Askarik wrote:

yes, thats how it works :roll: its working correctly ;)
I already typed my pass even when symbols doesn't appear. Still no result :(
PS: Do you mean that sudo commands doesn't need password?
If you can read this, you are awesome!
ultimakillz
Retired Mod

Post by ultimakillz »

no, i mean that your password isnt displayed as you type it. just type your password like normal, just know its not displayed ;)

btw: you may want to learn the basics of linux before attempting a task such as this ;)
Askarik

Post by Askarik »

ultimakillz wrote:no, i mean that your password isnt displayed as you type it. just type your password like normal, just know its not displayed ;)

btw: you may want to learn the basics of linux before attempting a task such as this ;)
Ok, I'll try it.
If you can read this, you are awesome!
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

FYI that's called security. This way if someone is shoulder surfing, it cannot know how many characters your password has. Geez Windows users...

You should definitely first become familiar with Linux and then attempting to program on Linux, not the other way around. Same goes for programming: first on PC, then on PSP.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
hackerz

Post by hackerz »

Askarik wrote:

symbols dont u type ur pass and hit enter

Return to “General”