Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Baked RAM

Discuss Windows, Mac, or Linux Gaming (or other types of applications) here
spittnacid

Baked RAM

Post by spittnacid »

So I had a RAM stick that went bad on me and couldn't even POST BIOS. My memory was cut in half, from 4GB to 2GB. I ran into some Indian website telling me to take an eraser to the gold connections and rubbing alcohol to the board. If that doesn't work, bake it in the oven for 5 minutes and viola! Well... VIOLA! It did indeed work. :)

Has anyone tried this?

If you run into this and have a bad stick of RAM, try cleaning like mentioned above. If all else fails and nothing to lose; Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Make sure its AT 300 before putting in the RAM. **REMOVE HEATSINK IF ANY!!!** Take a strip of aluminum foil 2 inches longer then the RAM and wrap the RAM in it and folding the sides up. Put it in the CENTER of the oven for 5 minutes and then promptly remove. Be careful it is HOT. Let stand for a few minutes. Once cool, seat the RAM and start up your system! Good luck! It may last a day, it may last awhile but a pretty neat unorthodox trick.
Advertising
ReubenDollmanYT

Re: Baked RAM

Post by ReubenDollmanYT »

why would you your more likly to damage it then get it working
Advertising
PsP 300 [slim] 6.61 pro cfu {Main}
PsP 100 [phat] 6.60 ofu {working}
psp homebrew website
https://sites.google.com/site/reubendollmanpsp/
oreganolover

Post by oreganolover »

This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen lol. Anything involving a microwave and an "easy-fix" solution is a red flag
bebembop

Post by bebembop »

This was all the way back in 2015... OP might've gotten exploded in the face lol.

Return to “Games/Applications”