Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PC vs. Console

Discuss Windows, Mac, or Linux Gaming (or other types of applications) here
Post Reply
User avatar
DamianKillYou
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:01 pm

PC vs. Console

Post by DamianKillYou » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:36 am

The age old argument of PC vs. Console is kicking into high gear with the arrival of the new generation consoles.
The argument is usually that the "pc is a beter gaming platform," while this has a basis in fact it is not entirely true.

PC:
While this platform can be undoubtedly more powerfull than either the Playstation 4 or the Xbox One, the hardware is upradeable. This has its positive and negative effects. For example this means that none of the hardware is standardized meaning it is harder for developers to design games for.

Console:
While this can be less powerfull than some PC's the PS4 and XBO are standardized at 8gb of GDDR5 RAM. This is a good thing, it means that developer know exactly what they are designing for and they know that every one will meet the reuirements.

Controlls:
The PC has more accurate controlls than any current console. But the ease of play goes to the console. Some people like sitting on their couch watching their TV with their controller in hand rather than at a desk or a table.

Modifications:
PC gamng has mods, which is a big reason to switch your console out for a computer. Mods can greatly improve any game experience.

Graphics:
At the moment the PC and PS4/XBO will roughly push the same graphics, while the PC in some cases can push higher graphics, again the hardware is not standardized so the developers have to develop for the majority.

Price:
Consoles are a lot cheaper than PC's an 8gb pc can cost anywhere from $800-$2000 and the hardware again is not standardized. Consoles cost around $400-$550 and are standardized.

Games:
At the moment all of the best games are on consoles, but the PC gets some games first before they go on to consoles and gets beter quality games from Third Party Developers like Ubisoft. While the Nextgen consoles have just come out the PC has been Nextgen for quite awhile now. The PC platform also has way cheaper games compared to console, have you seen the steam sales compared to that of PSN or XBL?

The argument of PC vs. Consoles is still continuing and will continue for many years while the PC platform will keep growing so will the consoles. If you are on a budget of course get a console, it is a great experience. But if you have enough money go for a PC, with the mods and cheap games it can also be in its self a grea experience. But it all comes down to where your friend base is, if all of your friends are on a PS4 you probably wont want to be a loner on a PC by your self.
Advertising

User avatar
DamianKillYou
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Re: PC vs. Console

Post by DamianKillYou » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:38 am

Remember to post anything that i have missed or have done wrong, also most impotantly post your own opinion! :)
Advertising

User avatar
Xian Nox
Retired Mod
Posts: 2749
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:27 pm
Location: Over the hills and far away

Re: PC vs. Console

Post by Xian Nox » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:14 pm

DamianKillYou wrote:The age old argument of PC vs. Console is kicking into high gear with the arrival of the new generation consoles.
The argument is usually that the "pc is a beter gaming platform," while this has a basis in fact it is not entirely true.
Agreed.
DamianKillYou wrote:PC:
While this platform can be undoubtedly more powerfull than either the Playstation 4 or the Xbox One, the hardware is upradeable. This has its positive and negative effects. For example this means that none of the hardware is standardized meaning it is harder for developers to design games for.
I'd attribute the lack of standartisation to Microsoft rather than upgradeable hardware.
DamianKillYou wrote:Console:
While this can be less powerfull than some PC's the PS4 and XBO are standardized at 8gb of GDDR5 RAM. This is a good thing, it means that developer know exactly what they are designing for and they know that every one will meet the reuirements.
I don't understand how having 8GB of combined RAM calls for better games.
DamianKillYou wrote:Controlls:
The PC has more accurate controlls than any current console. But the ease of play goes to the console. Some people like sitting on their couch watching their TV with their controller in hand rather than at a desk or a table.
Any PC can use console controllers and peripherals. Your argument is invalid.
DamianKillYou wrote:Modifications:
PC gamng has mods, which is a big reason to switch your console out for a computer. Mods can greatly improve any game experience.
Agreed. Though, console modding is more fun.
DamianKillYou wrote:Graphics:
At the moment the PC and PS4/XBO will roughly push the same graphics, while the PC in some cases can push higher graphics, again the hardware is not standardized so the developers have to develop for the majority.
Not even close. I'll just leave this here:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]The story is the same with most AAA games.
DamianKillYou wrote:Price:
Consoles are a lot cheaper than PC's an 8gb pc can cost anywhere from $800-$2000 and the hardware again is not standardized. Consoles cost around $400-$550 and are standardized.
Unless you live in Brazil. xD
DamianKillYou wrote:Games:
At the moment all of the best games are on consoles, but the PC gets some games first before they go on to consoles and gets beter quality games from Third Party Developers like Ubisoft. While the Nextgen consoles have just come out the PC has been Nextgen for quite awhile now. The PC platform also has way cheaper games compared to console, have you seen the steam sales compared to that of PSN or XBL?
Which games are "better" is a completely subjective decision.
DamianKillYou wrote:The argument of PC vs. Consoles is still continuing and will continue for many years while the PC platform will keep growing so will the consoles. If you are on a budget of course get a console, it is a great experience. But if you have enough money go for a PC, with the mods and cheap games it can also be in its self a grea experience. But it all comes down to where your friend base is, if all of your friends are on a PS4 you probably wont want to be a loner on a PC by your self.
Yes and no.
If you're on a budget and want a dedicated gaming machine and like console games, get a console.
If you're on a budget and want a general-purpose machine and like PC games, get a PC.
If you're not on a budget, get a PC.
If you're really not on a budget, get both.

User avatar
DamianKillYou
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Re: PC vs. Console

Post by DamianKillYou » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:28 am

Thank you for your opinion, and i agree with what you say.

Post Reply

Return to “Games/Applications”