Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Cheat Engine, A Very Useful PC Application

Discuss Windows, Mac, or Linux Gaming (or other types of applications) here
thecodebreaker

Cheat Engine, A Very Useful PC Application

Post by thecodebreaker » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:04 pm

I just thought of this program again today, and I thought I'd might as well share it with you all.
http://cheatengine.org/index.php
It's basically a simple memory editor, but it is made for offline cheating. I originally ran into it looking for cheats for need for speed underground 2.

All you need to do is start up your game of choice, start playing, and decide what value you want to modify. In nfsu2, I simply wanted to have (virtually) unlimited money.
Once you're in-game, you check the value of what it is you want to modify, in this case, my cash. Write down, or remember that value, open up cheat engine, and search for that value. It'll show you several threads that have that particular value. (unless it's something odd, but lets just say it isn't) Go back in-game, and either spend money, or make a bit more. Then you go back into CE and enter the new value, and it should narrow the list down to only one thread. You then right-click it, and modify it to be whatever you want.

This would probably work especially well for rts games, but the possibilities are endless.

I'm sure some of you in here have your own way of doing this same thing, but this just seems to me like the easiest, quickest way of going about accomplishing this task.

:mrgreen:
Advertising
"Though we strike at you from the shadows, do not think that we lack the courage to stand in the light." - Zeratul

OriginalFool

Re: Cheat Engine, A Very Useful PC Application

Post by OriginalFool » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Oh man I remember using cheat engine way back when.
Quite a useful application, but best used in single player games.

If I remember correctly it was a little complex to get the hang of at first, but after that the things you could do became pretty awesome.
My very first use was to have the ultimate minesweeper time of 1 second, kind of silly but fun nonetheless.
Advertising

Zyrkl

Re: Cheat Engine, A Very Useful PC Application

Post by Zyrkl » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:48 pm

OH yeah, I remember that thing. It's very fun to cheat offline in Sims 3 (Not typing motherlode all the time) /Civ5, warcraft 3, or age of empires. It's a very nice engine and not hard to learn how to use it.
2x Psp 1000 M33 5.00 CFW
Psp 2000 (Bricked)
Psp 3000 6.20 CFW
2x Ps Vita 3G 1.81 eCFW

Return to “Games/Applications”