Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Terraria: Who want to play??

Discuss Windows, Mac, or Linux Gaming (or other types of applications) here
asgard20032
Location: Milky Way, Solar system, Earth, North America, Canada, Québec..... In front of my computer

Terraria: Who want to play??

Post by asgard20032 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:40 am

I just tried out terraria, and I love it. Was wondering if people here wanted to all gather online in a game, and start to do something together...

If anyone interested, just say it. Maybe I could host the game, not a very bandwitch intensive game.
Advertising

Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Re: Terraria: Who want to play??

Post by Xian Nox » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:27 am

It's an awesome game, yes. I can join if you want. My client is at 1.1.2, so any server I join should be at that or up. I hope more people join too.

Hosting isn't very difficult, all you need is a decent PC, set up port forwarding, and give it a password. Maximum people online on one server is 8. I have no issues with traffic, but my laptop is a dualboot, and I don't feel like being on Windows all the time just to host the server.
Advertising

jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:38 am

I think I'm interested. Been awhile since I last played, but its lots of fun.

asgard20032
Location: Milky Way, Solar system, Earth, North America, Canada, Québec..... In front of my computer

Post by asgard20032 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:22 am

Ill try to finish the game before I play with you... I don't want to get gear from you I shouldn't or to wait till you clear everything... (im about to kill wall of flesh...)

Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:34 pm

We're not that far off in terms of gear. Both of us are with cobalt sets, which are the first hard mode sets.
Also, make sure your base is ready for the new mobs. ;) We made that mistake once.

A little off-topic: I haven't seen any myself, but are there are (preferably open source) clones of Terraria?

asgard20032

Post by asgard20032 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:38 am

Currently in full molten, have full meteroite gear, have night edge, have full jungle, star canon, 110 star for star canon, all the accessory I should have, and more... There is only 1 spell I don't have, one of the rarer spell to get in underground chest (purple chest). Its a controllable fire missile. Im already preparing the terrain to prevent the spread. My house is build in the sky, reachable only with ivy hook + balloon + rocket boot + double jump.

Also, look out for starbound, a game made by one of the developper of terraria. It will be available on linux as well. Its the same style as terraria.

jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:39 am

asgard20032 wrote:Im already preparing the terrain to prevent the spread.
Its a colossal undertaking, but I hope you have much luck in the attempt.
asgard20032 wrote:My house is build in the sky, reachable only with ivy hook + balloon + rocket boot + double jump.
Plus Magic Mirrors...and other things. ;)

Leires

Post by Leires » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Welp, this is a bit of a necro to the thread, but i figure i gotta make up for my first thread somehow. There's a (mildly convoluted) way to make your own terraria soundtrack. Detalis are here http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/h ... cks.21951/ (the first post explains 99% of it, the only difference is that there are actually 13 tracks currently, the list is as follows, with a - so you can just copy paste into notepad and jot down the song)

1. night -
2. evil -
3. daytime -
4. boss 1 -
5. title -
6. jungle -
7. corruption -
8. hallow -
9. underground corruption -
10. underground hallow -
11. wall of flesh -
12. underground -
13. boss 3 -

Always make sure you back up your wavebank, but i have a custom soundtrack, mostly final fantasy based, that you guys can have if you're interested. The tracklists of it are as follows:

1. night -rinoa theme
2. evil - Black Mages Clash On The Big Bridge
3. daytime - FFX Mi'ihen Highlands
4. boss 1 - FF9 Boss Theme
5. title - FFIV Prelude
6. jungle - FF12 Jungle
7. corruption - FF9 evil mist return
8. hallow ?
9. underground corruption - FFIV Another Moon
10. underground hallow ?
11. wall of flesh - FFXII Boss Theme
12. underground - FFIV Cave
13. boss 3 - FF7 Galvanized Boss Theme

I don't have a custom theme for the hallow areas, because i didn't know what they were at the time. The wavbank can be found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61342393/terrar ... 20Bank.xwb Enjoy? D:

(small edit, if people find that to be too much work, give me a tracklist with the tracks you want, as well as a link to them [Youtube, preferably. I'd rather not go to obscure websites] I can compile a wavebank for you. Also, while i didn't mention it, nor is it mentioned in the thread, you can splice together two audio files to make a single one. That is to say, it could play the Final Fantasy IV battle theme, and when that ends go directly into FF7's. The downside to this, however, is that leaving the area where the music plays will cause it to start over. So if you're in the middle of a second track, and you go up from the underground, when you head back it'll reset at the first track. As for order, just place it like i did. I dunno how much traffic this post will get, but i check wololo's site fairly oft, so don't be afraid to ask~)

Return to “Games/Applications”