Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Android VS iOS

Everything related to smartphones and tablets that doesn't fit in the other forums
User avatar
m0skit0
Guru
Posts: 3817
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Android VS iOS

Post by m0skit0 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:12 pm

@JJS: ROFLMAO
Advertising
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
Image
"just not into this RA stuffz"

karkinissan
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:21 am

Re: Android VS iOS

Post by karkinissan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:25 am

For those of you who liked the two previous videos about Android crushing iOS, here's a third part.
Advertising
Sorry for my Awesome English.

Clarkal
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:01 am

Re: Android VS iOS

Post by Clarkal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:14 am

Android is millions miles ahead of ios of apples, but the fact of the matter Apples got everybody by the *** (no offense intended) with their product, they keep pumping out the same product and slapping on a new name and price. There should be a new law that stop them from robbing people for the same dang products. Apples you suck making bad business by monopolizing the phone industry.The only other company that does this is the Call of Duty franchise with their same old *** nothing new.

Llywelyn
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Android VS iOS

Post by Llywelyn » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:25 am

m0skit0 wrote: Why are you asking me? I didn't buy it. You did. This is not Apple: you have to choose carefully your hardware. Same goes for PC vs Mac. But this gives you a wider choice and, more importanly, you don't get locked by any stupid corporation.
Why not considering it the other way round and buying an Apple product because you know that you won't be buying a low-end device that will be outdated 6 months later ? Do you think that anyone is able to "choose his hardware", e.g understand what the specs mean ? What's more, as I already stated, raw performance is not always equal to real performance in the Android world... (cf my iPhone 2G that is faster than my Wildfire, the latter having a much better hardware).
m0skit0 wrote: Quantity != quality. And anyway, Android is growing faster

Image
Your data is from 2010 and doesn't make any point: Ovi is shown as being the most promising market according to it...
Android is having the same growth the Apple Store had: exponential at the beginning, gradually slower as you start reaching high figures. But still, Apple is always one step ahead (and will remain at #1, in my humble opinion).
m0skit0 wrote:
Llywelyn wrote:Anyway you can still find many iPhone 3G(S?) at very good prices, cheaper than most recent Android low-end devices.
Just quoting this to demonstrate that most iPhone (Apple) users are fashion-victims: there are so many second hand old iPhone models at good prices because the ones who bought it doesn't feel "fashion" enough with old models.
I facepalm at this argument. Really.
m0skit0 wrote: I never said ALL of them, but most (90+%) are. In fact all the ones I know personally are. One discussion I had with a workmate (a programmer):
This demonstrates how all Apple users I personally know are. And also (coincidence?) all of them lack any decent technical ablities/knowledge.
This makes me think about some people I know that keep saying "Linux > Windows".
[spoiler]Me: Why do you prefer Linux to Windows ?
Them: Because it's open source.
Me: But you're not a dev... ?
Them: Yes but it's better when it's open source.
Me: Okay then... And just because of that ?
Them: Well it's also more flexible than Windows is.
Me: Why do you say that ? Do you compile ? Do you build your own distro ?
Them: No, I use Noobuntu.[/spoiler]

They say Linux is better than Windows but don't even know why. I'm not talking about the people that really know how Linux works and what to do with it though (like you, I assume :) ). There are morons on both sides, Apple and Linux/Android.
m0skit0 wrote: I also forgot to mention that Apple devices run code you don't know about. Recently it was discovered that Apple logs a lot of your personal information, only they know what they do with it. If you appreciate your privacy, you won't run closed code on such a personal device such as a phone.
Yeah and fortunately Android is safe from this kind of problems, that whole fuss about Carrier IQ was Apple's marketing ! Besides, we all know that Google is one of the most respectful companies about privacy. Thanks God I chose Android for this.
m0skit0 wrote: And also, iPhone customization sucks very hard. Why can't I have widgets on the desktop? Why can't I choose another desktop look, effects...? I don't know if jailbroken you can do that, but on Android devices you don't need to root for such a trivial customization thing. This really sucks since I do want to be able to customize my device, because the way it comes never works nice for me. I would just hate an iOS device, for sure.
iPhone customization rocks very hard when you've got your jailbreak. Now, it's time to make comparisons between either non-rooted/non-jailbroken devices or rooted/jailbroken devices.
m0skit0 wrote: EDIT2: this gets scary: http://www.latimes.com/business/technol ... 2566.story
I have to facepalm, again, at this argument. For sure, this shows a clear superiority of Android over iOS: if you want to save your children's kidneys, keep them away from Apple products !


Now please let's go straight to my point: Android can be good for power users that know how to root and use cleverly their root (a non-rooted Android device is, imho, useless), if you're smart and enough technically skilled you can find a good phone at a decent price.
Now, if you buy an Apple device, it'll be very expensive for sure, yet you will have Apple's quality, 3 years of software upgrades, no bugs and a smooth device. It's perfect for an average user who can afford it.If you're a power user, you can also jailbreak it and get an Android-like customization.

Really, I wish that Nokia had not sold its soul to the Microsoft devil. Meego was a brilliant OS, really open ('cause I really laugh at people who come and tell me that Android truly is an open source OS, remember Honeycomb ?), community-built and extremly fast. For sure the perfect alternative to Apple's excellent, but costly, devices.

User avatar
m0skit0
Guru
Posts: 3817
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Android VS iOS

Post by m0skit0 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:46 am

I really don't like repeating myself, so I won't. Just watch out to not hurting yourself with too much facepalms!
Llywelyn wrote:no bugs
I just had to ****.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
Image
"just not into this RA stuffz"

deep865
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:46 am

Re: Android VS iOS

Post by deep865 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:59 pm

IMO Many android phones are better then owning an Iphone. My Galaxy S2 outranks the 4S in every way except in that it is a lot less user friendly then the Iphone.

One last thing,
Llywelyn wrote:6. The ease of jailbreaking your device: iOS hackers are much more active than the Android ones. If your phone doesn't come with an easy unlock (like the Nexus' oem-unlock), well, you're scr*wed. You generally won't wait more than 1 month on the iOS side.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Have you even seen XDA Forums?

jackpot25
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:05 am

Re: Android VS iOS

Post by jackpot25 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:40 am

Clarkal wrote:Android is millions miles ahead of ios of apples, but the fact of the matter Apples got everybody by the *** (no offense intended) with their product, they keep pumping out the same product and slapping on a new name and price. There should be a new law that stop them from robbing people for the same dang products. Apples you suck making bad business by monopolizing the phone industry.The only other company that does this is the Call of Duty franchise with their same old *** nothing new.
What are you talking about. I can find a bunch of phones by all the major phone companies. Apple only releases one new device per year. Androids have more power but I found ios to just be easier to use than my android device.

Llywelyn
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Android VS iOS

Post by Llywelyn » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:17 am

deep865 wrote: One last thing,
Llywelyn wrote:6. The ease of jailbreaking your device: iOS hackers are much more active than the Android ones. If your phone doesn't come with an easy unlock (like the Nexus' oem-unlock), well, you're scr*wed. You generally won't wait more than 1 month on the iOS side.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Have you even seen XDA Forums?
Please read the forking topic before writing such stupid posts.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9419&start=30#p135961
http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2880792

User avatar
Seaking
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Android VS iOS

Post by Seaking » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:21 pm

This makes me think about some people I know that keep saying "Linux > Windows".
[spoiler]Me: Why do you prefer Linux to Windows ?
Them: Because it's open source.
Me: But you're not a dev... ?
Them: Yes but it's better when it's open source.
Me: Okay then... And just because of that ?
Them: Well it's also more flexible than Windows is.
Me: Why do you say that ? Do you compile ? Do you build your own distro ?
Them: No, I use Noobuntu.[/spoiler]
I prefer Linux due to not having to worry about viruses as much.
And Wine has developed very nicely in the few years. All the applications I need to run in Windows, run in Wine.


Also, don't be such a fanboy.
I love my Nexus over my Iphone any day.
Most Apple fans are just butthurt all the time because they're
stuck in AppleDebt from their AppleCare and Android users just
download all the apps they want for free from Google Play.

In all seriousness, my friend's mother called me to her house just to show her how to make (cut up) a ringtone, and assign it
using an app she bought on her iphone. I couldn't figure it out.
I love the cleanliness of Iphone apps, less bugs/ads, but they all cost too dang much and most of them are just plain stupid.
I have a songwriter app, and over 9000 keyboard apps. Some games, some camera apps, just menial apps that lose value quickly.

My Nexus, I've got unified remote (which I use to control the computer hooked up to the television),
my banking app (which isn't on iphone),
my bluetooth headsets speech to text app (for my wireless headphones, makes texting so much easier on the treadmill-- no iphone again),
Pocketband aka Uloops (which I like better than the $15 FL studio app I have for iphone)
etc etc.

I'm not writing a review here. I'm just an end user giving my two cents.

User avatar
m0skit0
Guru
Posts: 3817
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Android VS iOS

Post by m0skit0 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:43 pm

jackpot25 wrote:What are you talking about. I can find a bunch of phones by all the major phone companies. Apple only releases one new device per year.
You miss the point. How much can you customize your iPhone without jailbreaking? You just have to do things the Apple way because they put it that way. If you don't like it that way, you're scr..ed. Also why the heck can't an iPhone bluetooth something not from Apple? That's the point: Apple owns the device, not you.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
Image
"just not into this RA stuffz"

Post Reply

Return to “General”