Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Can I downgrade my revision??

Half Byte loader is an open source tool to load homebrews on all models of PSPs
Half Byte Loader can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/wagic/hbl
Sev

Can I downgrade my revision??

Post by Sev »

Random question here, I wasn't able to get Filer 5.5 to work on my 3001 with r109, and it's one of the main reasons I wanted to be able to run homebrew (file management), can I put r107 on my PSP to test it out? or are the game saves specific to each revision?
Advertising
haydeshell

Re: Can I downgrade my revision??

Post by haydeshell »

Sev wrote:Random question here, I wasn't able to get Filer 5.5 to work on my 3001 with r109, and it's one of the main reasons I wanted to be able to run homebrew (file management), can I put r107 on my PSP to test it out? or are the game saves specific to each revision?
Correct me if im wrong but the games saves work for all revsions
Advertising
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

There is a different game save for Patapon 2 demo, for R107+. The R106 and earlier save is listed on the main Mr. X download thread here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51, as well as earlier revisions.
(There also seems to be one for earlier than R34, but, that's really old, and you probably won't want that)

Also, I just booted up my go, and Filer 5.5 (kernel 3 test version) works fine for me. Seems to crash after exit though, as it shares the default force exit buttons with HBL (that command can be remapped though, if needed.)
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

There's no problem installing an older version. If you're not going to a very old one, erase hbl folder and h.bin on MS root, then install the old one as usual.

If you know how to compile and use SVN, you can get any revision using your SVN client and compile whatever target you want (distrib, dev...). Otherwise I think Mr.X has a big collection of HBL binaries, check it out! :mrgreen:
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
Punker69

Post by Punker69 »

Sev wrote:Random question here, I wasn't able to get Filer 5.5 to work on my 3001 with r109, and it's one of the main reasons I wanted to be able to run homebrew (file management), can I put r107 on my PSP to test it out?
Yeah delete all r109 hbl files and Download Revision 107 Be sure all files from r109 delete
Mobile App Developer =)
Sev

Post by Sev »

Thanks guys, so I won't need a different game save for Hot Shots, right?
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

For 107 no.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
Sev

Post by Sev »

Cheers! Thanks for the help guys.

Return to “Half Byte Loader”