Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

hpl help

Half Byte loader is an open source tool to load homebrews on all models of PSPs
Half Byte Loader can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/wagic/hbl
waratte

Re: hpl help

Post by waratte »

Mr. X wrote:
waratte wrote:It's sufficient but lacking... Needs neater format!
If you can't follow this then you don't deserve the HBL. In fact, my 2 step version I posted on the last page is adequate for most.
lostsarph wrote:wuts up with the 99.3mb
I thought the "Patapon 2" in the name of that file would have given it away. It's obviously the Patapon 2 demo; the game you'll be exploiting.
Don't let ignorance get in your way, he asked why was the file was so big. :D
Advertising
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

Enough with the trolling. The next stupid post in here will get the poster a warning.

So try to use your brain before you hit the submit button.
Advertising
lostsarph
Banned

Post by lostsarph »

k soo heres what happened i put the patapon game in game folder and then i put the saved game in savedata i the i went to my root and found theses 2 files already in the root i went to game and runed patapon it when in and said faled to load saved game whould y like to load a saved game on ur own (something like that) and i cliked yes so it when in the patapon and i cliked (X) and then cliked (R) and then it froze and my go turend off and reseted :!: :?:
waratte

Post by waratte »

lostsarph wrote:k soo heres what happened i put the patapon game in game folder and then i put the saved game in savedata i the i went to my root and found theses 2 files already in the root i went to game and runed patapon it when in and said faled to load saved game whould y like to load a saved game on ur own (something like that) and i cliked yes so it when in the patapon and i cliked (X) and then cliked (R) and then it froze and my go turend off and reseted :!: :?:
Did the screen become dark and did words appear after you clicked (R)?
Did you put the HBL in the root?
How did you put in the savefile?
Did you try a second time?
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

As I understand you didn't put the "h.bin" and the "hbl" folder from the archive Mr. X linke to onto the memory stick root? Because you say two files were already there, I guess you mean those.

We are a step further at least. Now the savegame exploit gets executed. It is just that HBL cannot load. Probably because h.bin and the hbl folder are either missing or for a different exploit. Use the files from the R110 HBL archive, either the nonids or the distrib version.
lostsarph
Banned

Post by lostsarph »

no
no 2 files came by them selves
i put the UCUS98732_DATA02 in ms0/psp/savedata.
no
Last edited by lostsarph on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waratte

Post by waratte »

lostsarph wrote:no
no 2 files came by them selves
i put the UCUS98732_DATA02 in ms0/psp/savedata.
no
Well, make sure your using the correct exploit and savedata. If you are, try it again.
HBL only woks for me 51% of the time using the patapon2 exploit for 6.20.
Mr. X
Retired Mod

Post by Mr. X »

waratte wrote:HBL only woks for me 51% of the time using the patapon2 exploit for 6.20.
No, just no. It works 100% of the time.
All HBL Revisions: Binaries + Source | Topic
TN HEN Releases: Download
lostsarph
Banned

Post by lostsarph »

there a file thats called that i dont get (R110-Patapon 2 (Set)-Mr. X)and it has three files that r called (R110-Patapon 2 (Debug)-Mr. X)and(R110-Patapon 2 (Distrib)-Mr. X)and(R110-Patapon 2 (NoNIDs)-Mr. X)
Mr. X
Retired Mod

Post by Mr. X »

lostsarph wrote:there a file thats called that i dont get (R110-Patapon 2 (Set)-Mr. X)and it has three files that r called (R110-Patapon 2 (Debug)-Mr. X)and(R110-Patapon 2 (Distrib)-Mr. X)and(R110-Patapon 2 (NoNIDs)-Mr. X)
Did you not read step 3?
3. Download this, open it, and then extract (see previous lessons) the h.bin file and the hbl folder from R110-Patapon 2 (Distrib)-Mr. X
Open the file called "R110-Patapon 2 (Set)-Mr. X" and extract "R110-Patapon 2 (Distrib)-Mr. X". Put the h.bin and the hbl folder from inside the "R110-Patapon 2 (Distrib)-Mr. X" folder onto the root of your PSP.

This is the last piece of advice I'm giving you.
All HBL Revisions: Binaries + Source | Topic
TN HEN Releases: Download

Return to “Half Byte Loader”