Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

MP3 Homebrew that sorts by ID3 tags AND NOW WORKS ON HEN!

Half Byte loader is an open source tool to load homebrews on all models of PSPs
Half Byte Loader can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/wagic/hbl
dizzylikeswhitegirls

MP3 Homebrew that sorts by ID3 tags AND NOW WORKS ON HEN!

Post by dizzylikeswhitegirls »

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=4982.0

Jesus Christ this was hard to find. There's a lotta MP3 playing homebrew, but very few that actually hit where it counts and do the advanced functions like Album/Artist/Genre sorting. Sony's too busy teasing us with half-****, yet pretty "mood" based sorting, and Qriocity seems like it's never coming... but I digress...

VisMP3_01 Loads, boots, hunts your MP3s off the storage, builds a library and such adequately, as well as does all other functions... every little thing that this offers works fine... yet it just doesn't wanna drive the experience home and play the freakin music...

Just displays the "playing" icon, and sits there at 00:00:000... *sigh*... so close, yet so far.

PSP: N-1000
FW: OFW 6.35
HBL: R112

EDIT: So, out of raw, uncut hope - I put this back on my PSP, wondering if HEN would run it. Not sure what's changed, but now this works! Kickass!
Advertising
Last edited by dizzylikeswhitegirls on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
dizzylikeswhitegirls

Re: MP3 Player that sorts by ID3 tags AND doesn't crash on H

BTW, the point of this topic was seeing if anyone knew what's wrong or what's causing this to come so close to working - but not actually work.
Advertising
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

hmm, since it was released in 2008, chances are high that it uses the old mp3 decrypting techniques, which don't work well on HBL for some reason... unless the author rewrites part of his work, or we get the sources somewhere, this might be difficult to ever get this to work :(
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
dizzylikeswhitegirls

Wololo wrote:hmm, since it was released in 2008, chances are high that it uses the old mp3 decrypting techniques, which don't work well on HBL for some reason... unless the author rewrites part of his work, or we get the sources somewhere, this might be difficult to ever get this to work :(
Okay, thanks for the info! I had hope that the story would look a little better when HEN came into the picture, but it doesn't even wanna load on 6.35's HEN. Oh well... I got patience.
akumapunk

Post by akumapunk »

Hi, this was exactly the kind of compatibility that I wanted in a MP3 player for the PSP, but like you, I couldn't find one that sorted songs like that.

Well, I did a homebrew trying to achieve this goal with a friend a year ago as a project for college. The bad thing is that you have to use an application in your PC to transfer the 'library' and playlists to the PSP. (The idea was to do something sort of like iTunes and iPod).

The PSP part is kinda buggy and dies with certain MP3s (I don't know exactly what is the reason), it doesn't have visualizations and the cover art is retreived from the file "Folder.jpg". The PC part is really buggy xD but works to transfer songs, library and playlists.

I never released this publicly because I think it's just too unpolished and the name is already used by another homebrew.
But who knows, maybe you might find it useful.

Here is the site where we published all the documents, source code and binaries (unfortunately both apps are in spanish):
http://sites.google.com/site/gammaraypei/documents

The first two downloads (jTunes.tar.bz2 and pspTunes.zip) are the sources+binaries for the PC and PSP applications. (Credits for the PC application goes to my friend SparkS)
I tested it and used it in my PSP 3001 (3g) with ChickHEN + 5.03 GEN-C.

I know this is my first post but this is not a virus or anything like that and wouldn't brick your PSP.
I've been wanting to improve this homebrew so it doesn't need the PC application but I been kinda busy with college. Right now I'm on vacation so maybe I could finally do something.

By the way, VisMP3 looks like a really kick-*** player, too bad it didn't work. If you find

PS. If some dev reads the code, please don't laugh. I know it's kinda messy and not very well structured xD.

THIS APPLICATION IS NOT RELATED IN ANYWAY TO 'pspTunes' BY 'Bigbondfan'.
clareern
Banned

Post by clareern »

your share information about mp3 player is detail.
akumapunk

Post by akumapunk »

clareern wrote:your share information about mp3 player is detail.
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you were trying to say.
dizzylikeswhitegirls

Holy ****... iuno what changed, but this now works perfectly in that new signed HEN!

YAY! I can sort music via ID3 tags... and even better, this thing has some decent visualizations and the ability to control clock speed! Everyone who has problems taking their PSP seriously as a media player should sweep this up like quickfast.

Return to “Half Byte Loader”