Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

RemoteJoy on Linux

Plugins for PSPs running on 6.XX
ASKidwai

Re: RemoteJoy on Linux

Post by ASKidwai »

Here you go.
Advertising
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

theres absolutely no reason to install the whole psp toolchain only to use remotejoy ... it will work when/if you just install the libsdl1.2-dev pkg from the repository
Blue.Gazer wrote:hey guys, i have been searching all over the net i can't seem to get RemoteJoy to work because the people who have responded to these kind of questions are to veg and not specific and out dated.

first of all this has been answered before exactly for you, (imo you are just to thick headed to comprehend this) but ill try to bend it in neon for you here now ... no one has actually been working on remotejoy since tyranid made the plugin many years ago and there is therefore no updated version for pspgo or any other psp for that matter, above 5.50 firmware!

theres has been some ppl trying to update it tho, but i havent ever seen any version that will work og newer firmware than 5.50 ... this means that it will not work on your pspgo, unless you make an update to the plugin!
Blue.Gazer wrote: I'm using a PSP Go with 6.20 PRO-B and I have the lastest RemoteJoyLite plugin, is there any way i can make it to work on Ubuntu 11.04?
heres your problem right there ... remotejoylite will not work nativly on linux (maby through wine tho, idk never did try that, but i guess not)
Blue.Gazer wrote:is there any chance that there are other alternatives for RemoteJoy ?
no
Advertising
Dr. Evil wrote:I used to use Windows, but it was designed by freakin' idiots.
Now i use linux allowing me to conrol the "lasers" on my "death star" with ease.
I'm Dr. Evil, and I'm aspiring to take over the world.
Blue.Gazer

Post by Blue.Gazer »

Halvhjearne wrote:theres absolutely no reason to install the whole psp toolchain only to use remotejoy ... it will work when/if you just install the libsdl1.2-dev pkg from the repository
Blue.Gazer wrote:hey guys, i have been searching all over the net i can't seem to get RemoteJoy to work because the people who have responded to these kind of questions are to veg and not specific and out dated.

first of all this has been answered before exactly for you, (imo you are just to thick headed to comprehend this) but ill try to bend it in neon for you here now ... no one has actually been working on remotejoy since tyranid made the plugin many years ago and there is therefore no updated version for pspgo or any other psp for that matter, above 5.50 firmware!

theres has been some ppl trying to update it tho, but i havent ever seen any version that will work og newer firmware than 5.50 ... this means that it will not work on your pspgo, unless you make an update to the plugin!
Blue.Gazer wrote: I'm using a PSP Go with 6.20 PRO-B and I have the lastest RemoteJoyLite plugin, is there any way i can make it to work on Ubuntu 11.04?
heres your problem right there ... remotejoylite will not work nativly on linux (maby through wine tho, idk never did try that, but i guess not)
Blue.Gazer wrote:is there any chance that there are other alternatives for RemoteJoy ?
no
oh alright.. i cannot update any plugin at all so i guess i have no hope of using remotejoy, anyway thanks for the replies guys..
P.S Please Close This Thread
HeroKing

Post by HeroKing »

someone else posted a thread with the necessary stuff to get it to work on linux, but i only can get it to work on the xmb. it messes up on games
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

Blue.Gazer wrote:P.S Please Close This Thread
Please don't request threads to be closed if they could provide info to someone at a later date.

If a thread needs to be closed/locked a moderator will do so if they deem it necessary.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

HeroKing wrote:someone else posted a thread with the necessary stuff to get it to work on linux, but i only can get it to work on the xmb. it messes up on games
use the newest irshell ... that will work with most games (and even better than with remotejoylite) ...

the link to the guide has already been provided ...:
ASKidwai wrote:Here you go.
Dr. Evil wrote:I used to use Windows, but it was designed by freakin' idiots.
Now i use linux allowing me to conrol the "lasers" on my "death star" with ease.
I'm Dr. Evil, and I'm aspiring to take over the world.
HeroKing

Post by HeroKing »

irshell doesn't work on pro. it's useless for me, but i'll try anyway
renx

Post by renx »

Remotejoy will not work through Wine because USB drivers are not supported.
HeroKing

Post by HeroKing »

renx wrote:Remotejoy will not work through Wine because USB drivers are not supported.
has anyone in this thread mentioned wine? everybody in this thread knows there's a linux version of it available
renx

Post by renx »

HeroKing wrote:
renx wrote:Remotejoy will not work through Wine because USB drivers are not supported.
has anyone in this thread mentioned wine? everybody in this thread knows there's a linux version of it available
Yes actually, it was mentioned. There was some speculation about it working in Wine when it in fact does not.

Return to “Plugins”