Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

If the PSP is dieing

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Coldbird
Guru

Re: If the PSP is dieing

Post by Coldbird »

Wont be dead for me ever as I said.
There are a whole bunch of PSP related projects I still wanna finish...

I want to come back and aid Codestation on the ATPRO Online Tunnel Project I passed on to him after I'm finally out of school... I want to finish the RemoteJoyLite GE-Hack I've started working on (Full HD PSP Gaming) and so on...
Advertising
PSP N-1000 ✔ / 6.20 PRO NIGHTLY ✔ / PRO ONLINE ✔
Abhinav The Great

Post by Abhinav The Great »

Coldbird wrote:Wont be dead for me ever as I said.
There are a whole bunch of PSP related projects I still wanna finish...

I want to come back and aid Codestation on the ATPRO Online Tunnel Project I passed on to him after I'm finally out of school... I want to finish the RemoteJoyLite GE-Hack I've started working on (Full HD PSP Gaming) and so on...
yes please come back because it will be Awesome!!!! and i also love the concept of RemoteJoyLite GE-Hack
Advertising
ViKtory

Post by ViKtory »

^^
Wut.

(Yes, I know CBird quit the scene. But then, we gotta respect the decision people make.)
//offtopic
m1k33

Post by m1k33 »

Coldbird wrote: I've started working on (Full HD PSP Gaming) and so on...
Full HD gaming on psp, sounds AWESOME!!!, ....but how?
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Coldbird
Guru

Post by Coldbird »

m1k33 wrote:Full HD gaming on psp, sounds AWESOME!!!, ....but how?
You might have followed JPCSP a bit maybe, a java based PSP emulator for PC...
While it's not perfect just yet... they handled to reverse and achieve a lot already, including high quality shaders to scale 3d geometry. (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13011238/ULUS10339-Shot-0.png)
The idea is in fact quite simple... right now RemoteJoy transfers the framebuffer to the PC via libusb, this means, the fully rendered 480x272 pixel image the PSP produces is transmitted...

My mod however, transmits the GE-command lists (GE = PSP Graphic Card), which means it transmits the unrendered frame, containing the 3D geometry, etc.
In addition to that, my mod implements a buffer peek routine, to allow the PC side to access the PSP memory indirectly (for accessing vertex lists, etc.).

On the pc side... this unrendered GE-command list + vertex buffers, etc. get rendered at high quality using the JPCSP GE renderer + shaders, producing a output similiar to the one in the screenshot above.

A long story short... PSP does the whole game processing and PC replaces the (rather weak) PSP graphic card to render a higher quality version of the game frames...

Basically this means... when playing with my RemoteJoyLite Mod you can play your PSP games at PC resolutions on the PC screen.
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

Looking forward to this. Playing Phantasy Star Portable 2 online with my laptop as a monitor would be epic.
m1k33

Post by m1k33 »

@ ImageColdbird

Thanks for the detailed explanation on how your RemoteJoyLite mod will work, thanks for enlightening me!!!
.............Now that I understand, It sound even more AWESOME(x2)!!!!!!!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Coldbird
Guru

Post by Coldbird »

The idea isn't entirely mine to be honest, JayFoxRox did a similiar thing already to test his GE-emulator for his PSP emulator, I liked the idea and thought one could work from that.
Besides that, it'll still be a while before I can tackle it anyway. So many projects that need my attention.
fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro »

psp will die, but only for Sony because they have failed to get the most out of it, only been worried about his safety, which is saying something about the work of sony, but little concern for the end user leads them to this
Coldbird
Guru

Post by Coldbird »

So true... all we gotta do is make the most of the console and tada, everlasting life.

Return to “General”