Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Sony Should Improve Vita's Touch Screen for PSP & PS1 games

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
edukarlo

Sony Should Improve Vita's Touch Screen for PSP & PS1 games

Post by edukarlo »

Do you think sony's "4-corner single button touch-control" idea when playing PSP and PS1 games on the PSvita is a little bit poor for a creativity concept's point of view? Oh c'mon sony, can they actually think better than that. "Hello sony creative department".. haha.. :D

I've been ranting about this since I had a vita (well, more specifically when I played SFxTK). The front and rear touch controls for triple punch, triple kick, launcher, throw, switch, quick combo 1 and quick combo 2 (I don't really like the idea of quick combo's), or any way how you want to combine some buttons with touch, was indeed a very good idea. Although I had no problems with switch and throw as the buttons are just adjacent (I have big fingers, LOL, I can even press all x, o, triangle and square, simultaneously), but triple punch and kick will be obviously impossible to press all at the same time/right timing.

The idea came up in my mind more when I had problems playing the 1st 3 marvel-capcom crossover games on my vita. WTF, how can I do the hyper combos, i cant press three punches/kicks at the same time properly? Or do the cross-over hypercombo (QCF, R+L) and other impossible button combinations. And to my dismay, single buttons are only emulated on the vita's 4 corners. Huh, what's the use? (Fighting game fan eh? :lol: ) And when my friends see me using my vita on the XMB (thanks to TN-V) and just using the buttons while navigating and playing games, I get *** when they tease me "huh? that just looks like a PSP with OLED screen"

After experiencing those, I think sony should really improve it's vita's touch controls on PSP and PS1 games on their next FW update, and I think this will be a good idea.
Tell me what you guy's think of it? Is it creative enough? Or you have better or additional suggestions for touch controls? Is it imossible? (I think this is very possible, the Vita still has a lot of possible rooms for improvement)

I've already shared this idea with Sony in their Share Blog (http://share.blog.us.playstation.com), but to my dismay, my shares never appeared in their archives. I also tweeted them this a while ago (i hope this time it will get some, "Hey, great idea!" reply)
Advertising
Last edited by edukarlo on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSVita 1001 FW 3.18
Talkman Travel Tokyo TN-V10
Tekken 2 TN-X
---
Vita Accessory Port as USB OTG & A/V Output?
More info for PSVita Style CTF Theme V1.2x
Using Touch Screen Controls on TN-V?!?!?
fouadtjuhmaster

Re: Sony Should Improve Vita's Touch Screen for PSP & PS1 ga

Post by fouadtjuhmaster »

I believe it is too much work that only a small audiance wants.. Therefore, I think it'll never happen
Advertising
edukarlo

Post by edukarlo »

fouadtjuhmaster wrote:I believe it is too much work that only a small audiance wants.. Therefore, I think it'll never happen
Too much work? I think that's just some few lines to insert in the software's code. They can do it bit by bit, at least to tease new and future vita customers. First the tap, then the flick and pan, then the screen zoom. But i hope they'll just give my suggested touch control features all at the same time.

Let's wait and see. By the way, vita sales are going up in Japan. maybe by 2015, there will be more vita users. Just as I wrote on the first post, "the vita still has a lot of rooms for improvement"
PSVita 1001 FW 3.18
Tekken 2 TN-X
---
skyhot004

Post by skyhot004 »

edukarlo wrote:
fouadtjuhmaster wrote:I believe it is too much work that only a small audiance wants.. Therefore, I think it'll never happen
Too much work? I think that's just some few lines to insert in the software's code. They can do it bit by bit, at least to tease new and future vita customers. First the tap, then the flick and pan, then the screen zoom. But i hope they'll just give my suggested touch control features all at the same time.

Let's wait and see. By the way, vita sales are going up in Japan. maybe by 2015, there will be more vita users. Just as I wrote on the first post, "the vita still has a lot of rooms for improvement"
Yes it is too much work

There's still no copy and paste for web browser after 2 years

I honestly don't care about update anymore

I will just wait for custom firmware (Vita firmware) so i can do this,that,this,that,etc

And sony already ditch the vita

I would just use it to play new vita JP games

Yes i don't care about Indies at all I could play Indies games on this,that,etc systems
...................Yeah i got nothing to say here
edukarlo

Post by edukarlo »

skyhot004 wrote: ...
There's still no copy and paste for web browser after 2 years
I will just wait for custom firmware (Vita firmware) so i can do this,that,this,that,etc
yup, no copy paste feature really sucks...
hmmmm, this improved touch control feature suggestion can even benefit a hacked vita in the future.. or an eCFW for the meantime
PSVita 1001 FW 3.18
Tekken 2 TN-X
---
ZgamerR

Post by ZgamerR »

edukarlo wrote:Do you think sony's "4-corner single button touch-control" idea when playing PSP and PS1 games on the PSvita is a little bit poor for a creativity concept's point of view? Oh c'mon sony, can they actually think better than that. "Hello sony creative department".. haha.. :D

I've been ranting about this since I had a vita (well, more specifically when I played SFxTK). The front and rear touch controls for triple punch, triple kick, launcher, throw, switch, quick combo 1 and quick combo 2 (I don't really like the idea of quick combo's), or any way how you want to combine some buttons with touch, was indeed a very good idea. Although I had no problems with switch and throw as the buttons are just adjacent (I have big fingers, LOL, I can even press all x, o, triangle and square, simultaneously), but triple punch and kick will be obviously impossible to press all at the same time/right timing.

The idea came up in my mind more when I had problems playing the 1st 3 marvel-capcom crossover games on my vita. WTF, how can I do the hyper combos, i cant press three punches/kicks at the same time properly? Or do the cross-over hypercombo (QCF, R+L) and other impossible button combinations. And to my dismay, single buttons are only emulated on the vita's 4 corners. Huh, what's the use? (Fighting game fan eh? :lol: ) And when my friends see me using my vita on the XMB (thanks to TN-V) and just using the buttons while navigating and playing games, I get *** when they tease me "huh? that just looks like a PSP with OLED screen"

After experiencing those, I think sony should really improve it's vita's touch controls on PSP and PS1 games on their next FW update, and I think this will be a good idea.
Tell me what you guy's think of it? Is it creative enough? Or you have better or additional suggestions for touch controls? Is it imossible? (I think this is very possible, the Vita still has a lot of possible rooms for improvement)

I've already shared this idea with Sony in their Share Blog (http://share.blog.us.playstation.com), but to my dismay, my shares never appeared in their archives. I also tweeted them this a while ago (i hope this time it will get some, "Hey, great idea!" reply)
1. Sony does not care about such a small audience that there is on the PsVita (Hence there are things that are still not fixed, but most of the updates no just path recent VHBL'able games where a buffer overflow has been found)
2. Sony as a whole is a S***lord at this whole 'Community' thing, yes they have a blog, but have they listened to anyone before? No.
3. Sony only cares about the money, as do most companies. It is more likely for a fan made idea to become reality of Sony can make profit from it.
4. The PSVita is a ps4 add on, like the controller for the Wii U, but with less controls over everything.
5. Myself, I have given up with the Vita, there are good games on it but I can get much better quality games on my psp with no hassle of getting VHBL running, or TN-V (Emulators yes)

Sony will never care, Sony does not care at all, if they took some of the ideas everyone wants, it could make the console better, but no, Sony wants to own your console even after you buy it, and if were to do anything against the rules? Bam, Ps vita is now banned from being used at all. I wish Sony took into account what things they have done wrong from the start with this and work on even a hardware revision if it has to come to it, but Android is where the portable gaming is at now, nothing can change that, and the small interest with the PsVita, makes everything just a vast endless conundrum.
*Sigh*

Return to “General”