Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Banned Ps Vita

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
xyzmanas

Banned Ps Vita

Post by xyzmanas »

Hi guys,

Few days ago my Vita was banned not the account but the system itself. I don't how and why it happened but it did. So is there anyway I can get it unbanned? or is there any way to get the exploited game for the Vita somehow and install the VHBL or TN-V to it?

Or I should let it dust because the price of the disc games in my country is around 100$ and move on...
Advertising
heleius

Re: Banned Ps Vita

Post by heleius »

xyzmanas wrote:Hi guys,

Few days ago my Vita was banned not the account but the system itself. I don't how and why it happened but it did. So is there anyway I can get it unbanned? or is there any way to get the exploited game for the Vita somehow and install the VHBL or TN-V to it?

Or I should let it dust because the price of the disc games in my country is around 100$ and move on...
Why did your system get banned?
Advertising
my console list is in your mom's bedroom...
xyzmanas

Post by xyzmanas »

No idea man, I was using Tn-V on 2.02 Uno exploit but then updated by console in june-july played on PSN+ and then due to work I didn't even switched on my Vita for like 2 months then at the time of Mercenary release I switched on my Vita but it said that I can't access the PSN from this console, tried contacting Sony but they keep on transferring calls and nobody has a solution. Has anyone ever get them to un-ban through calling support?
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

Moved to PS Vita -> General.

Very weird, are you sure that isn't a login problem? (they reset a lot of passwords recently and updated the ToS who caused login problems on the Vita). Have you tried a factory reset? (make a backup of your games/savedatas before that).
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
heleius

Post by heleius »

xyzmanas wrote:No idea man, I was using Tn-V on 2.02 Uno exploit but then updated by console in june-july played on PSN+ and then due to work I didn't even switched on my Vita for like 2 months then at the time of Mercenary release I switched on my Vita but it said that I can't access the PSN from this console, tried contacting Sony but they keep on transferring calls and nobody has a solution. Has anyone ever get them to un-ban through calling support?
Did you uninstall/ format your mem card before updating? If not you got banned for having the exploit files (660.pbp) on your mem stick (most likely this would be the case) and there is nothing you can do to unban yourself. You are lucky your whole account didn't get banned. At least if you get a new machine you can redownload everything again...
Cipher_hero

Post by Cipher_hero »

Is it true that you can get banned from PSN when u update from PSVITA 3.01 running TN-V4 to 3.02? :?:
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

Cipher_hero wrote:Is it true that you can get banned from PSN when u update from PSVITA 3.01 running TN-V4 to 3.02? :?:
There is no firmware 3.02, yet
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
eighthdayregret

Post by eighthdayregret »

heleius wrote:
xyzmanas wrote:No idea man, I was using Tn-V on 2.02 Uno exploit but then updated by console in june-july played on PSN+ and then due to work I didn't even switched on my Vita for like 2 months then at the time of Mercenary release I switched on my Vita but it said that I can't access the PSN from this console, tried contacting Sony but they keep on transferring calls and nobody has a solution. Has anyone ever get them to un-ban through calling support?
Did you uninstall/ format your mem card before updating? If not you got banned for having the exploit files (660.pbp) on your mem stick (most likely this would be the case) and there is nothing you can do to unban yourself.
Haha, what?!? Who in the holy blue told you THAT nonsense? I've never uninstalled a single exploit before updating my FW, and my Vita accesses the PSN just fine. You're insane, dude. You're thinking of PS3 bans. Unless this is a brand-new 3.01-specific feature, they don't scan your memory card for incorrect/banned files. I honestly don't really think they care THAT much. Maybe enough to update the FW when an exploit comes out, but not something like that.
Now if a native VITA hack were to come out, then that might be a different story. That might inspire Sony to implement something like that, and, really, that would mostly be to prevent hacking of the PS4.

What most likely happened here is that the Vita was set to login with the old password from before the big reset and Sony's server's got a little *** off about the fact that it kept trying to get in with a bad password and gave it the finger.
Typically, the system should only be banned for seven days following the LAST BAD LOGIN ATTEMPT (this happened with my PSP once). So if you wait six days, try to login and fail, you get to wait another seven days.
I ended up calling Sony about this, and they said there was nothing I could do but wait, and not to try logging in. If you're at the point where the system is banned, try deactivating it from your account, format everything, and see if you can reactivate it.

But I would highly, HIGHLY recommend calling Sony and jumping through whatever hoops they make you jump through to figure out how to fix this BEFORE YOU FORMAT YOUR MEMORY CARD. Downloading all your *** again is gonna take forever, so there's no need to do that if you don't have to. If you call them and talk to somebody, it'll look a lot less like you're doing funny than if you just let them ban your Vita. What if they decide there's other "questionable activity" on your account? They may ban you completely. Calling them and talking to them about the problem at least lets them know that you are not taking responsibility for any funny business. They document that stuff. Having a paper-trail is always a good thing.

Plus, at the very least, you might actually get an answer.
And didn't you pay like $200 for your Vita? Isn't that a little bit too much money to pay for a paperweight? Having your Vita banned would not be a good thing.
Last edited by jc_gargma on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language
Vita WiFi/3G - 8GB - 32GB - OFW 3.36 - PS+
GoW PSP-2000 - 2GB - 8GB - 2x16GB - 2x16GB - 6.61 ME-2.3
heleius

Post by heleius »

eighthdayregret wrote:
heleius wrote:
Did you uninstall/ format your mem card before updating? If not you got banned for having the exploit files (660.pbp) on your mem stick (most likely this would be the case) and there is nothing you can do to unban yourself.
Haha, what?!? Who in the holy blue told you THAT nonsense? I've never uninstalled a single exploit before updating my FW, and my Vita accesses the PSN just fine. You're insane, dude. You're thinking of PS3 bans. Unless this is a brand-new 3.01-specific feature, they don't scan your memory card for incorrect/banned files. I honestly don't really think they care THAT much. Maybe enough to update the FW when an exploit comes out, but not something like that.
Now if a native VITA hack were to come out, then that might be a different story. That might inspire Sony to implement something like that, and, really, that would mostly be to prevent hacking of the PS4.

What most likely happened here is that the Vita was set to login with the old password from before the big reset and Sony's server's got a little *** off about the fact that it kept trying to get in with a bad password and gave it the finger.
Typically, the system should only be banned for seven days following the LAST BAD LOGIN ATTEMPT (this happened with my PSP once). So if you wait six days, try to login and fail, you get to wait another seven days.
I ended up calling Sony about this, and they said there was nothing I could do but wait, and not to try logging in. If you're at the point where the system is banned, try deactivating it from your account, format everything, and see if you can reactivate it.

But I would highly, HIGHLY recommend calling Sony and jumping through whatever hoops they make you jump through to figure out how to fix this BEFORE YOU FORMAT YOUR MEMORY CARD. Downloading all your *** again is gonna take forever, so there's no need to do that if you don't have to. If you call them and talk to somebody, it'll look a lot less like you're doing funny than if you just let them ban your Vita. What if they decide there's other "questionable activity" on your account? They may ban you completely. Calling them and talking to them about the problem at least lets them know that you are not taking responsibility for any funny business. They document that stuff. Having a paper-trail is always a good thing.

Plus, at the very least, you might actually get an answer.
And didn't you pay like $200 for your Vita? Isn't that a little bit too much money to pay for a paperweight? Having your Vita banned would not be a good thing.

Ok well looks like you didn't bother to read the new ToS you agreed to last month, so when they ban you for having exploit files on your vita i will just sit back and laugh...
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

codestation wrote:Very weird, are you sure that isn't a login problem? (they reset a lot of passwords recently and updated the ToS who caused login problems on the Vita). Have you tried a factory reset? (make a backup of your games/savedatas before that).
It's either this
eighthdayregret wrote:What most likely happened here is that the Vita was set to login with the old password from before the big reset and Sony's server's got a little *** off about the fact that it kept trying to get in with a bad password and gave it the finger.
Or this.
So call Sony, and get it sorted out as explained.
heleius wrote:Ok well looks like you didn't bother to read the new ToS you agreed to last month, so when they ban you for having exploit files on your vita i will just sit back and laugh...
Any modified firmware has always been against the ToS, it's not since "last month".You're also confusing Sony for Nintendo, Sony doesn't need CFW to brick your console with an update. Now sit down and get some common sense.

Return to “General”